Game-Labs Forum

On 3/26/2018 at 10:59 AM, Christendom said:

Remove patrol zones and make players fight on the OW again.

Surprisingly, We've always had PVP zones -where RVR was- and PVP players knew this

So in short, we actually relied a bit on RVR players for larger scale OW engagements.

Edited by pit

Just now, pit said:

Surprisingly, We've always had PVP zones -where RVR was- and PVP players knew this

did it say that on the map or was it pretend?

I'm not being facetious, hostilities are a PVE feature that start with PVE. As a pvper hostilities don't attract me as a PVP event, just a thing rvrers do for get their PBs.

A PVP zone around contested ports would be perfect to focusing PVP in a meaningful way.

On 26/3/2018 at 4:29 PM, Trino said:

Sorry for that. I forget the words "per port"

so i meant: 1 VM per day and owned port to the clanwarehouse. So f.e. A 10 member clan that owns one port can craft a firstrate every 3 days, so every member has to wait 30 days for his first rate.

But pleas dont lets discuss the exact amount of VMs ... lets just discuss if there are too many VMs in the game or not.

Taking away 1st rates for ordinary players sucks. 

The old dura-system was much better. A lot of PvP all over the map.

What is the point of being top ranked admiral with no 1st rate in the harbour? 

I have never understood this.

The whole RvR idea fails to grow a larger playerbase. All warning lights are red at the moment.  You need to listen to other voices than you own.

Just now, fox2run said:

Taking away 1st rates for ordinary players sucks. 

The old dura-system was much better. A lot of PvP all over the map.

What is the point of being top ranked admiral with no 1st rate in the harbour? 

I have never understood this.

The whole RvR idea fails to grow a larger playerbase. All warning lights are red at the moment.  You need to listen to other voices than you own.

This of course, I get the same battles on OW with everything that PBs have except circles. Only difference is I can bring any ship at any time with any number of people. If OW pvp was a game and RVR was a different game OW pvp would likely be objectively better, as you can do everything RVR has on OW. RVR would likely be lobby based like sea trials.

1 dura is good, removing all ai ship capture was good, bringing ship capture back for only half the ships was bad. If I can't field a 1st rate and afford to lose that 1st rate then I simply won't fight your 1st rates=less pvp

14 hours ago, rediii said:

@Christendom

650/11= friendly players

650/4 = friendly players

What system has more pvp targets?

Remember the old Castries and Bridgetown problem of west vs east? It was a ressource problem, it was a proble due to not existing safezone. And how many french gathered to take it? I think it was around 60 french each time. Now add to that sweden+ denmark. On the other side was GB and VP with even more players. Why was that?

For GB it was a target of hurting france and keeping us busy there. For France it was to make fort royal safe again and get the ressources.

Did something reqly change with safezones? I mean it is still around the samenpopulation now than without safezones I think. So I think sarezones have to be smaller and missions from 4th to 1st rate have to be outside the safezone. This gives new players a easy start without pvp.

Also the safezone should be only 1-4 ports. Nothing more.

Why? It gives a national goal to defend ressources and other nations will help out if another nation is on the brink of destruction.

I think already this together with a clanbenefit (ressources from capped port into cwh) and personal benefit (different chests after PB) would do the job. You can give a mission aswell with damage in portbattles similar to current pvp mission but only dmg in portbattles is summed up to give different rewards.(maybe not reset this one daylie)

Thats it ... easy as that. Tldr:

Reduce safezone size and limit size to 5th rate and below missions

reduce safezone port amount for national goal of defending

give clans a benefit in form of guaranteed ressources

give personal benefit with pb mission for damage done. Chests received tiered damage different chest

You still forget the casual player that logs in and seek action. Why are they not seen as a resource? In my view TS and RvR should only be adopted for tactical reasons. Not gameplay. It's doomed to fail this way. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sven Silberbart said:

What system has more rvr capable nations?

The one with the most people per nation. Nation count doesn't matter if each nation can field multiple 25 man fleets across the map. Right?

Edited by Slim McSauce