Game-Labs Forum

Currently the easiest/cheapest way to gather rare permanent upgrades is to install an alt, harvest the rare ressource (e.g. Cartagena Tar), craft the module and put it in Captains Chest for easy transport. But why on hell a sane captain would stuff his personal travel chest with Tar? Or Copper plates in case of Copper plating if we get copper city? On the other hand books were in the age of sail a common content of captains chest and mostly small and lightweight enough for the chest. 

Therefore  i suggest to swap these two types of items, let the personal skillbooks be stored in captains chest (and transported by tp), and the permanent modules only transported by ship. So we additionally get some reason for smugglers and traderhunters to linger around ports like Cartagena or Coppercity together with great opportunities for pvp :-)

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Custard said:

How about having to transport both

:ph34r:

I don't mind the captian chest for the mods, but what I don't like is you can pop into a port, buy the rare mats needed, craft the mod and than pop back out to where you need it.  The resources need to be brought back to a port to be crafted so chance some oe gets your trade ship.  Easy solution is make the work shop needed not just for cannons, but any mod you want to craft you have to have a work shop in a port and bring all mats to that workshop to craft the mods.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I don't mind the captian chest for the mods, but what I don't like is you can pop into a port, buy the rare mats needed, craft the mod and than pop back out to where you need it.  The resources need to be brought back to a port to be crafted so chance some oe gets your trade ship.  Easy solution is make the work shop needed not just for cannons, but any mod you want to craft you have to have a work shop in a port and bring all mats to that workshop to craft the mods.

Yes. Make all mods craftable but only in a workshop in your Capitol. 

actually now i think about it....  whats the point of it being just for books...  how many people actually sail with a book...  and if they are its because they are going to sell it or just looted it.... and want it for an elite book, or to sell it.

I don't see the point of the change to allow books to be put in captains chest..  even mods these days.  Do away with the captains chest except for marks...

By allowing books to go in the chest it now removes any risk from trying to move a valuable book you likely only have an interest in selling.

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

capitol part won't work....I'm RUSSIAN we have no capital.  Though just make it done with a workshop and it would be limited enough.

Well you did pick an "impossible" nation. :P 

Okay, Capitol not required but if only a workshop is required, someone could put their workshop in the resource producing port and we'd be back where we started: resources harvested, mods produced, and then added to the Captains Chest all in the starting port. Remove or change the Captains Chest and the ships will just get built in the original port, modifications made, and tp'd out.

My goal is to see uninstalled mods or their necessary components out on the open water.

4 minutes ago, Farrago said:

Well you did pick an "impossible" nation. :P 

Okay, Capitol not required but if only a workshop is required, someone could put their workshop in the resource producing port and we'd be back where we started: resources harvested, mods produced, and then added to the Captains Chest all in the starting port. Remove or change the Captains Chest and the ships will just get built in the original port, modifications made, and tp'd out.

My goal is to see uninstalled mods or their necessary components out on the open water.

They can only produce if that port is open to all, other wise you can't use a building in an enemy port.  Than we have alts, but we should not be making rules cause of alts.  We don't want to limit players to death either.  We do want the casuals to have some fun after all, not every one is a lifer/vet/pro after all...lol

4 hours ago, Bragan Benigaris said:

Well, make Refits or permaupgrades an item with weight 200-500, so that you can't transport it with a basic cutter. Now you have to transport the item or your ship from or to the production port.

But now the mod has weight...  do we now add 'weight' to the ships when applying the mod? or...