Game-Labs Forum

Wapen von Hamburg

Has anyone played the updated Hamburg? Is it finally worth sailing? I want to love this ship but the Wasa won't let me... Now I saw a short clip on twitch the other day where moscalb sailed it. Was he just hello kittying around or is it actually decent now? Does the Hamburg have at least one POS where it can escape the dreaded Wasa? 

48 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Wasa meta is still strong. Better stay with your Wappen in docks.

But is Wappen still the better turner? If so, I would not dismiss the poor Wappen so quickly, though Wasa is probably still the better choice. 

The Burger is a fine ship and worth playing. The Wasa is still horribly OP and usually only used by players with a low skill set or by those who rely on the OP ship to help them survive. Play the Burger and master it. Eventually, the Devs will nerf the Wasa. When 90% of people in the game know its way OP, it will be changed - we just dont know when. Honestly, when someone says they accomplished something in a Wasa, it doesnt mean anything to me. Bragging about a kill in a Wasa is like bragging about being able to beat up kids as an adult. ....just not impressive.

2 hours ago, Headless Parrot said:

Eventually, the Devs will nerf the Wasa. When 90% of people in the game know its way OP, it will be changed

I mean, it's not like I haven't been waiting and hoping but it doesn't seem like they are able to hear the voices of reason... 

2 hours ago, Headless Parrot said:

Honestly, when someone says they accomplished something in a Wasa, it doesnt mean anything to me. Bragging about a kill in a Wasa is like bragging about being able to beat up kids as an adult. ....just not impressive.

Yeah, very true but it is still sad to see it everywhere in the game and nothing being done about it overperforming... and on top of all that the useless shits that enjoy abusing it claiming it is fine and doesn't need nerfs...

EDIT: 3 Streams for NA on Twitch at the moment and all sailing Wasa... yeah Wasa is balanced and doesn't need nerfs, let's just all sail this perfectly balanced ship instead, because it is so balanced and we are liking the balance.

Edited by Landsman

All games end up with a most competitive meta. It is unavoidable.

I have always wondered about a dynamic system that increases the points value of ships that are sailed more until the market reaches equilibrium. Another example in a fantasy game is a spell getting more and more costly to cast until equilibrium is reached. Of course that would just effect RvR and not open world. I am now sure how you could introduce that in the open world.

The 4th rates were fine before the Wasa, if anything the inger could use a slight buff but that's it.

The Wasa is so OP not only does it take the throne over the other 4th rates, its takes the throne as the best PVP ship period.

Devs knew it was OP, there were multiple threads on it during testbed. Idk why they've kept it this way, maybe they're testing how far they can push the balance?

• Like 4

Wasa is not only overpowered 

but actually, a disgrace and an insult at the same time for every other ship and players

realise for players, it is a atomic bomb for active players, the diminishing is instant.

the longer we have this situation , fewer players will stay or come back

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

The 4th rates were fine before the Wasa, if anything the inger could use a slight buff but that's it.

The Wasa is so OP not only does it take the throne over the other 4th rates, its takes the throne as the best PVP ship period.

Devs knew it was OP, there were multiple threads on it during testbed. Idk why they've kept it this way, maybe they're testing how far they can push the balance?

well they ain't gone get that number from me for sure 

i don't sail the devil

as a honorable player, you/everybody should do the same

BAN the WASA

and completely reject that behavior of development

how far can they go ?:just one day 

they pushed it so far, people don't like it at all,  if they are not going to address it,  i take a measure of my own and push a button to, that s  called delete

Edited by Thonys

21 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

That is absolutely correct.   If there was one class that was almost perfectly balanced and useful, it was 4th rates pre Wasa.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, IndianaGeoff said:

That is absolutely correct.   If there was one class that was almost perfectly balanced and useful, it was 4th rates pre Wasa.

The connie has been nerfed into uselessness vs other 4th rates and is getting another nerf this week.

the Wappen is about the ugliest ship in the game imho. That alone is enough reason that I wil never sail her.

Edited by Valentine Karrde