Game-Labs Forum

Spanish Hypocrisy port battle timers

After the salt and crying over night flips , all the arguments and counter arguments .. nothing seems to have been learned .. Spain has arranged two port battles  one at Cochinos and one at Trinidad  both on the south coast of Cuba at 1700 .. on tuesday 14th

since british summertime finished and the clocks went back  1700 is not a playable time for most UK based players .. most will either still be at work or on their way home at this time ..

for spain to arrange 2 port battles at this time  while within the rules shows they are willing to take the same path as they accused others of in manipulation of the games mechanics ...

simple answer is to reset port battle timers to 1800 /2300 ... or the port battle is set 24 hrs after hostility  is completed rather than the current 22 hrs later ... spanish  can have no complaint about a 2300

port battle as they must have stayed up past this time sunday night  to flip the 2 mentioned ports for a 1700 pb on tuesday ..

they may claim that it was by accident but a member of their biggest clan has informed me it was planned

6 minutes ago, victor said:

image.jpeg.6681daa034b504b238abc1314abc9885.jpeg

you complained when you were getting attacked at times that were unplayable for you ...as a result there was a server split ... do you not think it fair that the port battle timer be adjusted for seasonal time changes ... or do you only want changes that benefit yourself

• Like 1

I agree that 1700 is not a good time as most people finish work after this and then most have family commitments until 1800 or later. My sleep pattern is more flexible then my working hours but people have moaned about tea time flips as much as night flips for as long as night flips but hey nobody cares and also we have to be careful that we dont end up with a 2 hour window for PB's.

I guess with timezones being a thing there will always be unhappy people but maybe @admin can hold a poll on what times players want or what 5 hour window has the most players online (but obviously some players only log on for the pb window). 

I will always miss some pb's due to real life etc, i can deal with that it just mens playing smart and planning so you dont lose things that matter............. just think that being able to generate a pb at 3am equals a 5pm port battle is a BS mechanic... 

Just now, victor said:

that you can tell 17.00 in the afternoon from 3 O'clock in the morning.

But .. hey, it's UK!

Teatime is sacred!

its not teatime ...its work time ..most companys work until 1700  .. can you not see that been unable to play because your at work is the same as been unable to play at 3am

also the nightflips were caused by US based players     not the eu players 3 am  isnt playable for uk based players ... the current port battle timers disadvantage uk based players

Just now, Batman said:

Didn't you ask for PB timers so you could sleep at 3am?

Instead you stay up to 3am in the night to create port battles:ph34r:

Just now, Grundgemunkey said:

its not teatime ...its work time ..most companys work until 1700  .. can you not see that been unable to play because your at work is the same as been unable to play at 3am

also the nightflips were caused by US based players     not the eu players 3 am  isnt playable for uk based players ... the current port battle timers disadvantage uk based players

try at least to agree on the complain.

1 minute ago, Grundgemunkey said:

but its fine for russians, greeks, etc ;-) We are not alone on this planet^^

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

but its fine for russians, greeks, etc ;-) We are not alone on this planet^^

it was fine for US players .... but the russians and everyone else complained .. as if they were alone on the planet

all we are asking for is a 1800 server time as the earliest a port batlle can scheduled .. then it is fair for everyone

do you not agree .. how does that disadvantage anyone ??

think there is agreement .. spanish did not want late port battles ... that is fair

they then stay up late to make sure ports flip at 1700  and there is the hypocrisy .... how come they get the advantage of both ???

Play by gamerules and not by playermade rules and you will enjoy the game.

• Like 1

Just now, Grundgemunkey said:

think there is agreement .. spanish did not want late port battles ... that is fair

they then stay up late to make sure ports flip at 1700  and there is the hypocrisy .... how come they get the advantage of both ???

Well, 17 UK Time is 18 Spain Time and if - I do not go wrong - in Spain (as it happens in Italy or other southern europe countries) work usually ends later, most at .... 18 PM

So ...  basically ... your argument may be inconsistent

Edited by victor

it was fine for US players .... but the russians and everyone else complained .. as if they were alone on the planet

all we are asking for is a 1800 server time as the earliest a port batlle can scheduled .. then it is fair for everyone

do you not agree .. how does that disadvantage anyone ??

By keeping the same pb window greeks for example would have to fight pbs after midnight. ;-) You see there will be always someone upset because to many timeszones are still included.

2 minutes ago, victor said:

Well, 17 UK Time is 18 Spain Time and if - I do not go wrong - in Spain (as it happens in Italy or other southern europe countries) work usually ends later, most at .... 18 PM

So ...  basically ... your argument may be inconsistent

well there you go .. an 1800 earliest port battle ... would mean 1900 in southern europe so everyone is happy ... whats the problem