Game-Labs Forum

Player Count

Prime time there is less than 200 people on Na. Out of the millions upon millions  of people in NA there a less than 200. What is going to be done to re attract players to this game. What do you guys think need to be done. I love this game and I understand how hard it is. I want it to succeed cause there isn't another game like this.

I think they need to advertise 

They are!!! Iv seen loads of adds for naval action.

What we need is one server with split port battle attack windows...

Contoy past Salam around the coast of the gulf then down the backside of usa to what I think was called West end or key and all of hatii unlocked to 24hr attack windows every other port set to eu times only....

Simple solution @admin get us playing together but separate but together!!! 

1 hour ago, Cut67 said:

Prime time there is less than 200 people on Na. Out of the millions upon millions  of people in NA there a less than 200. What is going to be done to re attract players to this game. What do you guys think need to be done. I love this game and I understand how hard it is. I want it to succeed cause there isn't another game like this.

millions and millions of players?  Can I please have some of whatever your using.. because that is an awesome alternate Reality your in

17 minutes ago, CaptVonGunn said:

millions and millions of players?  Can I please have some of whatever your using.. because that is an awesome alternate Reality your in

You misread. I didn't mean players,

I meant millions upon millions of people who live in NA who do not play the game and out of the population of the entire world, less than 200 are playing on Global during prime time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CaptVonGunn said:

There are millions and millions of people playing games.  Only 200 on Naval action.  If you got 0.1% of a 10,000,000 person market, that is 10,000 players.  We have 150 most nights.

Imagine we had 10,000 world wide.  That would be 3 servers in 3 time zones with 3,000 prime time players.  500 players in 5 nations with another 100 for 5 more.  Imagine that.

Or maybe a map that covers the entire globe, all the oceans and islands with RvR zoned to the prime time in each area.  Europe fights in the Med during it's prime time, the Caribbean for US prime time and the Pacific/Indian ocean it's prime time.

But this does not happen until this game gets it right and they market it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cut67 said:

There is more than 200 people on NA in my prime time
live-14d.png

Patch 12 don't change online on PVP Global :(

Edited by qw569

24 minutes ago, qw569 said:

live-14d.png

I think the point that was raised it's the lack of players.

So we got 1000 players, on the global scale what percentage is that from the player base?

Just steam alone.

cTBhOoA.png

Edited by Rigs

38 minutes ago, qw569 said:

live-14d.png

Patch 12 don't change online on PVP Global :(

PvP Global did not recover from the Pre 12 toxicity.  It has gotten better on the server, I think some learned lessons from it.  That being said, one nation is far too strong and it seems like clans going Pirate so they can win more is a regular occurrence.  PvP Global is broke.  I don't know how it can be fixed given that win at all costs is a universal gaming problem.

Some reasons if nothing has changed since the last time...

1. Fix repair kits, fix speed meta.  Fix mast/hull/sails balance after.

2. Develop to point of no more wipes.

3. Is the current end game better than the one more than year ago?  Nations with flag system.

4. OW needs a good ROE.  Devs decided to dump the idea and now suffering from the same issues as other MMO games with OW.  Dont introduce new and working mechanisms, better sit in the same shit as the rest.

4.5. NA > NAL, always because of many reasons.  NA has an end game, NAL does not.  NA needs ROE even when we have NAL.

5. PvP needs gear balance.  Veterans don't need a gear buff vs new players.

6. GUI

7. At some point steam free weekend

8. We are moving slowly but constantly towards less historical and realistic sailing game.  Healing potions FTW! Clan wars! Nationalist can only play a GAME under their own flag.  History fans losing immersion.

9. Devs changing the game a lot, not sure what happens soon after.  When something is really good and you decide to make it something totally different, there is a high change that it is not as good as previous really good.

10. NA needs +1000 concurrent players online per server, many are waiting to see that before joining the fun.  So we all wait...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cut67 said:

Where did you get 200?  more like 120 last night.

Edited by George Washington

7 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

For the new and casual-average player the game lacks a lot of more varied pve content. The bet of the dev team should be here, filling the ow with new things to do. There is no need that they have to be amazing, just different than repeating missions all the time.

Port battles and rvr is the end game, and it is mostly played by hardcore players.

Agree. Numbers that we have today are all original testers. These numbers will slowly dissolve over next few months if there is no significant progress. Naval Legends will further benefit to NA Open World player reduction. Conclusion, without pve content, nice UI and interesting content NA is doomed. It's hard to believe it, but it is what it is. 

15 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

For the new and casual-average player the game lacks a lot of more varied pve content. The bet of the dev team should be here, filling the ow with new things to do. There is no need that they have to be amazing, just different than repeating missions all the time.

Port battles and rvr is the end game, and it is mostly played by hardcore players.

Nothing is more frustrating than a new player getting his new traders brig or snow, grabbing that delivery mission, using the sailing tool to find the goods, making a long sail through enemy waters (maybe dying), then finding zero on hand.  Or finding that he can't fit the stuff on his ship and it will take several trips.  And if he does all that discovering that it was not worth it.

There needs to be simple delivery missions.  You choose your ship.  The mission says take X (that will fit in the selected ship) to Y port (no more than a half hour sail) and get a reward.  The missions where you go out to get the goods need to be a lot more rewarding.  There is no reason why you can't have rewarding missions where you deliver a zero weight person (ie a diplomat or spy) to an enemy capital.  Give people a reason to sail a speed fit Lynx deep into enemy territory.  Maybe have the mission get more and more valuable until someone picks it up.

The game needs casual, beginner content.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IndianaGeoff said:

Nothing is more frustrating than a new player getting his new traders brig or snow, grabbing that delivery mission, using the sailing tool to find the goods, making a long sail through enemy waters (maybe dying), then finding zero on hand.  Or finding that he can't fit the stuff on his ship and it will take several trips.  And if he does all that discovering that it was not worth it.

There needs to be simple delivery missions.  You choose your ship.  The mission says take X (that will fit in the selected ship) to Y port (no more than a half hour sail) and get a reward.  The missions where you go out to get the goods need to be a lot more rewarding.  There is no reason why you can't have rewarding missions where you deliver a zero weight person (ie a diplomat or spy) to an enemy capital.  Give people a reason to sail a speed fit Lynx deep into enemy territory.  Maybe have the mission get more and more valuable until someone picks it up.

The game needs casual, beginner content.

No one can hear us unfortunately. No one could hear us 2 years ago and no one will hear us now. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IndianaGeoff said:

There are millions and millions of people playing games.  Only 200 on Naval action.  If you got 0.1% of a 10,000,000 person market, that is 10,000 players.  We have 150 most nights.

Imagine we had 10,000 world wide.  That would be 3 servers in 3 time zones with 3,000 prime time players.  500 players in 5 nations with another 100 for 5 more.  Imagine that.

Or maybe a map that covers the entire globe, all the oceans and islands with RvR zoned to the prime time in each area.  Europe fights in the Med during it's prime time, the Caribbean for US prime time and the Pacific/Indian ocean it's prime time.

But this does not happen until this game gets it right and they market it.

Yes! This game can get there. @rediii pretty much sums up what needs to happen. I really hope the current Devs can get this done. They have done a remarkable job creating the graphics and combat system. Where the game falls short is the elements that will make it a game that folks will play consistently and long-term -- a game that will attract more than period enthusiasts dropping in to check it out. It don't know if they have the exact team in place to get this done. I really hope so. They have my best wishes.  

7 hours ago, rediii said:

UI

Localization

Content in form of new mechanics. 

a better working eco where people buy and sell stuff, not like now where you cant do stuff with money

Simple things like buycontracts for ships, seeing contracts in other ports

mechanics that promote rvr instead of punish it

mechanics that promote to spread the playerbase all over the map and not just let them stay inside safezones