Game-Labs Forum

Reinforcment Zones - Yay or Nay?

Reinforcment Zones - Yay or Nay?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the current Reinforcment Zones in unconquerable regions?

• Yes - Leave it as it is
    • No - Remove completely
    • Reduce the zone range
    • Change reinforcment-fleet size
    • Remove Reinforcments, add auto-signaling rules for unconquerable regions, battle stays open until defenders reached 1.5x BR
    • Other - Comment below

7 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Well if I pay you 5 Dollars for 8 hours Work you are also effectively Paid.

But if I pay the Girl thats nice to me in the evening 50 Dollars for 8 hours Work despite her doing the same Job.

Then I would take the guess you would be Pissed *gg*

IRL there's a hazard bonus. Would be the same here, as it isn't the same work, considering higher risks.

1 hour ago, Palatinose said:

IRL there's a hazard bonus. Would be the same here, as it isn't the same work, considering higher risks.

Nobody Forces you to go out into the PvP Zone :)

Your going there out of your own Volition because there is Ressources and Stuff that you cant do in the Protection Zones :)

You dont get a Hazard Bonus for using the Dangerous Way on your own.

Much less a Punishment if you avoid Danger as far as Possible.

In Fact. If you Avoid Danger as far as Possible you will be Praised. If you take unecessary Risks you might get Fired :)

7 hours ago, admin said:

Maybe its the reason concord and huge highsec exists in eve.

Don't forget that you can't bring capital ships to high sec, while in NA first rates are doing mission inside safe zones. Not to mention that there are ways around concord. There is reason why high sec has more pvp kills then low sec or 0.0 combined

Edited by Zoky

4 minutes ago, Zoky said:

Don't forget that you can't bring capital ships to high sec, while in NA first rates are doing mission inside safe zones

Capitals are not the eve equivalent for first rates (no doomasday or swarm of fighters like weapons are put into 1st rates, just more tank and cannons), so I'd say marauders are the first rates of EVE. And marauders are the main missioning ships in eve, even in low sec.

Edited by victor

33 minutes ago, Zoky said:

1. Attack lone vic N of belize in p frig (on screen says reinforcement unavailable)

2. 4xAI first rates spawn all around me

3. dead in 20 seconds

4. uninstall NA

5. ...

6. profit

Yeah, right now it only shows if friendly reinforcements are available, there's nothing to warn you if you're in an enemy reinforcement zone.

I wish they would just say "Reinforcements Available" in green text when it's friendly, and in red text when its enemy. Pretty simply really.

(maybe offer a colorblind option :) )

Edited by Guest

On 30.9.2017 at 2:20 PM, Sunleader said:

Much less a Punishment if you avoid Danger as far as Possible.

In Fact. If you Avoid Danger as far as Possible you will be Praised. If you take unecessary Risks you might get Fired :)

Transfer this picture again to the game and you get: get punished if you leave your bubble. so don't leave it.

Again you proof where you belong. Sorry but this one is just the wrong server for you.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Palatinose said:

Transfer this picture again to the game and you get: get punished if you leave your bubble. so don't leave it.

Again you proof where you belong. Sorry but this one is just the wrong server for you.

before it was like that: get punished if you leave your port. so don't leave it.

And OS became a desert.

I'll repeat once more just for some stubborn forum warriors (since Devs know it perfectly): with no decent population of PVErs a PVP MMO will just die. Only MOBAs can survive with a PVP only environment (and in fact NA legens will fit that niche).

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, victor said:

before it was like that: get punished if you leave your port. so don't leave it.

And OS became a desert.

I'll repeat once more just for some stubborn forum warriors (since Devs know it perfectly): with no decent population of PVErs a PVP MMO will just die. Only MOBAs can survive with a PVP only environment (and in fact NA legens will fit that niche).

I know and meanwhile accept it. That's why the reinforcement zones have their right to exist - with a little size adjusting. The problem is the point of view: you see the risk of sinking as a punishment. IMO this should get rewarded.

Just now, Palatinose said:

I know and meanwhile accept it. That's why the reinforcement zones have their right to exist - with a little size adjusting. The problem is the point of view: you see the risk of sinking as a punishment. IMO this should get rewarded.

This could be an interesting apporach indeed. But how - i.e. - could you reward a sinked trader or just the looser of a fight?

1 hour ago, Palatinose said:

Oh ?

You consider PvP Punishment ?

I am fine with Removing it you know :)

We can get rid of this Punishment alltogether :)

On 9/30/2017 at 3:35 AM, AglyBeard said:

All hardcore PVPers saying they want to PVP because it is challenging and they do not want to sink mindless and unskilled NPC BOTs. 

So if you want to engage in PVP with equally skilled and prepared opponents just put  "Want to PVP" indicator right on UI 

Why not just create PVP switch like we already have smuggler switch?

You can only switch it on/off in your home port and if it is on you are "Want and ready for PVP" if off you can not be attacked.  This way you can remove all safe zones and merge PVE server with PVP server.

A PVP button would totally work on PVE server. It would give PVP instances to those who wants to try fighting other people when it pleases them. Sort of like a battle instance that teleports you there and after battle teleports back where you were. Just like PVP in SWTOR.

On open world PVP server pvp should not be selective. Having high security zone around capital aka high sec CONCORD in EVE is fine as long as clans can claim territories outside high sec zones only. Also game needs to provide means and content to go out into the dangers of the OW. Being in the open waters is risky. Risk should be meaningful.

Clans claim land

Better missions

Better quality trading goods

Better quality crafting goods

Exploration missions content

NPC tracking bounty hunting missions

etc etc

• Like 3

On 9/29/2017 at 12:00 PM, Liq said:

It certainly would be interesting to see the result on that.1) I'd expect a massive "NO" to that because it would 2) totally destroy the meaning of RvR aka Nation v Nation in a pvp environment. 3) Want to smuggle something past enemy lines? Just disable pvp flag.
It could be a neat feature for the PvE server, and has been suggested there before. 4) But I cant see it work on pvp.

1) You never know, hence the poll. What do you think is more, casuals or hardcore? The thing about polls in forums is that very few new players get to vote. But then again, in the end we can talk until blue in the face, just depends how admin sees it.

2) I don't think so, it depends how is implemented. You could have a join port battle button on the UI, which puts your name on the list for that battle and automatically enables the PvP flag. The list could also be used by the port battle leader(s) to assign groups and tasks.  

That join port battle button should only be available in your national waters so you travel there with the PvP flag enabled.

3) Nope, if you smuggle you should only be able to use the smuggler flag which makes you open game for everyone.

4) There is no PvP without players. You need the casuals and care bears because that's the majority of player base in the gaming world period. The thing is that I have rarely seen in this game hardcore PvP'ers going against each other, it's mostly going after traders and newer players, which to me is hardly PvP. 

Nobody wants to be there just as a punching bag.

In the end, it all depends how is implemented.

I think this game needs to encourage more competitive PvP and skilled players through high rewards, win or lose, so they have the incentive to fight each other, players that like a challenge not just killing for sport.

I also think that this game needs a way how to teach new players to PvP. It's different when the game starts and everyone is on par leveling together and discover what works the best. At this point there is no balance. The game has progressed to a point that some players are at the top of the game, skill, mods and all that and new players have no chance to stand against and or learn anything from any encounter. It's like learning to box from the champ, no gloves no holding back,  just beat you senseless and ask you, what have you learned today?

So the new player is stuck grinding PvE for levels, unlocks and mods but how much is that teaching/preparing him for PvP?

Maybe an instance PvP might work, again i know that many here including admin have played potbs so lets look at it again, maybe some things from there could be adapted to help this game out. Just my 50 cents.

Edited by Robert