Game-Labs Forum

If the paints were removed due to the engine limitations, why don't you remove some of the unpopular ships instead (Pickle, Navy Brig or 3rd rate) ?? I find it really weird that you removed rattlesnake and niagara  instead of those anyways to be honest... Paints/skins are some of the very little actual content that adds to the game by making ships more unique and giving options for customization...

If it was added sound that took the place of the ships and paints than can we revert back to the old sounds until Unity 5 is updated?  I mean I mute all the ambient and other sounds any way cause I'm pretty much low tone deaf and it's the only way I can hear clan mates in TS most the time.   

I really was expecting to find paints in these chest for the wrecks events they have pop up every couple days. Instead the one chest I got I got a permit and BP of a ship I all ready have the BP for and don't use and a realy crappy build of a Connie Note and one mod that was half decent.   Would of prefer to switch that BP/Permit for paints instead lol

Hell with all the server issues they been having one paint chest redeemable for all would be fun and folks could trade that one paint they have.   Ships are starting to look bland since most where stripped to wood color cause of paints.   

On 11.7.2017 at 10:51 PM, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Since when is the Pickle unpopular?

Not sure when i saw a player sailing one the last time - and it even was a redeemable for everyone, which kind of speaks for itself?

14 hours ago, AlteSocken said:

I'm sure your suggestion was not serious.

Pretty serious to be honest. Ship balance is rather bad and for some ships there are just more attractive alternatives. They removed some of the most popular ships so why would it be a big deal if they removed some ships barely anyone uses??? No need to get butthurt about it, tho... have fun with your pickle in pvp against mercs....

Edited by Captain Lust

14 hours ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

I sold a couple of them this week. 

Well there are a few new players from the steam sale... some people even pay more than the NPC price for a ship with crew space instead of planking. Doesn't mean it is a ship worth sailing...

Losing more ships in favor of frivolous things is a terrible idea. We already don't have enough options. I desperately want the missing ships back.

5 minutes ago, Flinch said:

Losing more ships in favor of frivolous things is a terrible idea. We already don't have enough options. I desperately want the missing ships back.

Wouldn't go as far as calling the only means of customizing ships visually "frivolous". On the other hand I would call ships that have no place in the current meta "frivolous". But i agree in that i want the removed ships back too, because unlike the ones i listed they aren't useless and have a place in the meta...

I'd really love to see an actual statistics of the ingame ship-usage. 

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who loves the pickle. It's pos makes it a good allrounder which gives you the choice if to take a battle on any encounter - if you have enough room to manouver.

Eh paints should have three options:

1.) deafult-witch one they have now

2.)National- all ship will be in national colors so british constitution would be black and yellow not black and white.

3.)Custom- Ship will be pained as player likes it.

if there will be price for paints i belive 1 and 2 options should be free.