Game-Labs Forum

The Lynx is too small

Lynx-and-Bounty-WPB-JW-Photo.jpg

That is the Lynx next to the Surprise. 

The Lynx in games hull sits too low in the water, and it is also about 20% too small.

Length- 97ft (total Length)

HMS Surprise(Unite) - 129ft.

The Rose, pictured above (replica of the Surprise)- 179ft (Total Length)

Edited by Odol
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Odol said:

Lynx-and-Bounty-WPB-JW-Photo.jpg

That is the Lynx next to the Surprise. 

The Lynx in games hull sits too low in the water, and it is also about 20% too small.

Length- 97ft (total Length)

HMS Surprise(Unite) - 129ft.

The Rose, pictured above (replica of the Surprise)- 179ft (Total Length)

he says with a picture that shows the lynx beside a ship called bounty ...

Edited by Lonar
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Jœrnson said:

Leave that one to the Brits please. It was HMS Bounty :P

I Now that..   but as you may have seen the ship in my and in Odols picture both have an american flag. Therefore it's the same ship.. 

I'd say it's a replic, though but certainly not a british ship in this case. 

Nevertheless the real bounty of course was a british ship.

7 hours ago, Lonar said:

he says with a picture that shows the lynx beside a ship called bounty ...

The Rose, was also called the Bounty and used as a replica of that ship and later used in the filming of "Master and Commander: Far side of the World"  as the HMS Surprise.

Either way, the ship sits to close to the water in game in battle  vs real life. 

Edited by Odol

1 minute ago, Odol said:

The Rose, was also called the Bounty and used as a replica of that ship and later used in the filming of "Master and Commander: Far side of the World"  as the HMS Surprise.

Either way, the ship sits to close to the water in game in battle  vs real life. 

The original picture shows the replica Bounty, built in 1960 and sunk in 2012.

As far as I am aware, Surprise in the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World was the replica Rose, built in 1970 and now named Surprise, and is shown in some other photographs in this thread. Lynx is also a replica, built in 2001.

1 minute ago, Remus said:

The original picture shows the replica Bounty, built in 1960 and sunk in 2012.

As far as I am aware, Surprise in the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World was the replica Rose, built in 1970 and now named Surprise, and is shown in some other photographs in this thread. Lynx is also a replica, built in 2001.

Lynx is built true to form.  I dont even think it has a engine in it and is completely sail powered.

1 hour ago, Odol said:

Your picture still shows the Rebuild HMS Bounty ;) maybe The Rose´s name was once Bounty but its not the ship on your picture. I think they only tried with the outside of the Replica Lynx to let it look historical i dont think its inside like that ... i mean there are savety things that are nessesary today on ships per regulation.

Edited by Lonar