Game-Labs Forum

Sealed Bottle

Barbarrossa

Just a thought..   after spending a ton of time on the open seas I finally found my shipwreck..  I tried to loot..  couldn't cause overloaded..  so I got rid of everything in the boat..  Tried to loot..  overloaded..  couldn't do it.  The Problem I have with it is I couldn't cherry pick the booty..  I should be able to at least grab stuff off the wreck until I reach capacity.. then be forced to leave the rest of it.

Lot of time wasted..  (had fun til the end) running down the site..  Ejecting stuff off the ship to make room..  then couldn't take ANY of the loot. So in essence I lost all my salt and fish.. then lost out on the loot that could fit.

Hopefully you can fix this in the sense you really should be able to get part of the loot..    not be out everything and then come here to bitch about it.  Enjoying my return.. and relearning of the game..     ciao.

• Like 3

Usually 125 to 175 the wreck weight. You can view... the contents of the wreck. Look at the weight (and slots needed) 

If you think you cant load it leave it. It will still remain there. Come back later in a T brig... oh and [F11] write down the Co-ords of the wreck so quicker coming back for the loot

no one time take not partials. That's the problem so be careful using a BASIC Cutter cargo is 150 before cannons

Always when you inspect the wreck. Look at the weight and Slots needed. If not enough slots leave it and come back (fish the issue here).

Also you can only have ONE wreck at once. So you open a second, the first is lost

hope this helps 

@admin: Suggestion to devs:

Now we can overload our ships with battle loot and get slowed down horribly in consequence, can the same mechanic be applied to shipwrecks?

They only weigh about 150 (I picked up my last one in a Pickle) so it's no less unrealistic than battle, where I can easily end up 150 overloaded.

On 04.06.2017 at 8:28 AM, Barbarrossa said:

Just a thought..   after spending a ton of time on the open seas I finally found my shipwreck..  I tried to loot..  couldn't cause overloaded..  so I got rid of everything in the boat..  Tried to loot..  overloaded..  couldn't do it.

When you first time check it says how many cargo needed to be free, you missed that information? or you had enough free cargo and it said you cannot loot still?

34 minutes ago, Ink said:

When you first time check it says how many cargo needed to be free, you missed that information? or you had enough free cargo and it said you cannot loot still?

Why don't add information before someone set sail and arrived just to find out they don't have space?

-Open bottle

-Display a message (Shipwreck name, possible cargo hold required to loot, 150+)

This way player will realize that he must empty or bring larger hold ship. 

Edited by Ned Low

1 minute ago, Ned Low said:

Why don't add information before someone set sail and arrived just to find out they don't have space?

-Open bottle

-Display a message (Shipwreck name, possible cargo hold required to loot, 150+)

This way player will realize that he must empty or bring larger hold ship. 

How do a captain knows what's leftover on a wreck before getting to the wreck ?

I'm imagining the Quartermaster writing the entire list of all the ships content and putting it in a bottle :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

We cannot cherry-pick. Imagine cargo size 170 and ship wreck 171. Well, need to go back empty!

If I remember right a Trader Lynx can pick any wreck.

1 hour ago, The Red Duke said:

How do a captain knows what's leftover on a wreck before getting to the wreck ?

I'm imagining the Quartermaster writing the entire list of all the ships content and putting it in a bottle :)

So, what would you suggest that could fix this lack of information? Since Devs know the max shipwreck cargo drop they could just say bring ship with at least XXXX cargo hold. many problems in NA caused by lack of information displayed to Players and very easy to fix. 

Edited by Ned Low

1 hour ago, Ned Low said:

So, what would you suggest that could fix this lack of information? Since Devs know the max shipwreck cargo drop they could just say bring ship with at least XXXX cargo hold. many problems in NA caused by lack of information displayed to Players and very easy to fix. 

If I have to guess the wreck and content are generated when you open the bottle.

Message in bottle states location.

You sail to location and discover a stash of goods that are unspoiled. Can range a lot in the amount.

In reality we cannot take what we may, we have to take it all.

Hence therein lies the issue. We can't take what we want, we have to take it all. Maybe that should be changed.

There's no lack of information.

14 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

If I have to guess the wreck and content are generated when you open the bottle.

Message in bottle states location.

You sail to location and discover a stash of goods that are unspoiled. Can range a lot in the amount.

In reality we cannot take what we may, we have to take it all.

Hence therein lies the issue. We can't take what we want, we have to take it all. Maybe that should be changed.

There's no lack of information.

thus we still get these posts

My main point was..  if you come across a wreck and you're in a rowboat you should be able to get something.    It shouldn't be an all or nothing proposition.  Wasn't really bitching about the rest..  The sail.. the search..  you're looking for a wreck, it should take a bit of time. Thanks for all the responses this has generated.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barbarrossa said:

you should be able to get something.    It shouldn't be an all or nothing

Yep :) 

Maybe even the wreck stay there, after first discovery, and can be bumped by anyone. That could be cool.

• Like 2