Game-Labs Forum

Rename the servers

Right same game as pre patch 10.00, What exactly changed to make griefing players over and over ok?

As far as I am aware the open world mechanics haven't changed so why is it all of a sudden ok to make players devote their life to a game or surrender after every battle? Please explain mates, I can't understand why greifing is somehow okay now.

this-is-not-fine-009-a7b6e6.png?auto=compress,format

Edited by Neptune

My awesome pvp findings of 3 hours playtime:

1) tagged a surp, demasted it, went to boarding, 5 french cutters joined and sterncamped and graped the shit out of me. Gg

2) tagged a surp, 1v1, he runs to forts. 

A cutter joined is side. I was hello kitty tilted i sank the Cutter

Three hours.

10/10 gameplay

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Liquicity said:

My awesome pvp findings of 3 hours playtime:

1) tagged a surp, demasted it, went to boarding, 5 french cutters joined and sterncamped and graped the shit out of me. Gg

2) tagged a surp, 1v1, he runs to forts. 

A cutter joined is side. I was hello kitty tilted i sank the Cutter

Three hours.

10/10 gameplay

my pvp in 1,5 h: jamaica raid with 3 friends: 2 indefatigable + 1 traders brig captured

• Like 2

1 minute ago, elite92 said:

my pvp in 1,5 h: jamaica raid with 3 friends: 2 indefatigable + 1 traders brig captured

Yeah we all get lucky sometimes, but just wait until you start getting griefed over and over for hours until you are forced to surrender in order to get on with real life.

You want to PvP? Well you better not have anything planned for the next 15+hours until server maintenance because no guarantee you will get away with the griefing. No guarantee you will even get a good fight because of it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Neptune said:

Yeah we all get lucky sometimes, but just wait until you start getting griefed over and over for hours until you are forced to surrender in order to get on with real life.

You want to PvP? Well you better not have anything planned for the next 15+hours until server maintenance because no guarantee you will get away with the griefing. No guarantee you will even get a good fight because of it.

when i leave for pvp with my friends we are all aware of revenge fleet and we are prepared to lose our ships, we have this attitutude since years. just dont think too much about pixel ships and have a good time in this beautiful game. (we have lost many ships in this first days after wipe too but its ok because X clan is remembered by all nation to be brave and face the enemy also in 5v20 not to be whiners if we lose a ship)

Luck comes to the daring
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, elite92 said:

when i leave for pvp with my friends we are all aware of revenge fleet and we are prepared to lose our ships, we have this attitutude since years. just dont think too much about pixel ships and have a good time in this beautiful game. (we have lost many ships in this first days after wipe too but its ok because X clan is remembered by all nation to be brave and face the enemy also in 5v20 not to be whiners if we lose a ship)

Luck comes to the daring

It's not about losing your ship, but if you are forced by game mechanics to surrender because you are getting griefed over and over because you have no control over being able to escape that is just absolutely ridiculous. This even happens in your own home waters, basically right now if you leave port you are at risk of being griefed for hours and not being able to escape. 

After a while the cost will add up and you will need to keep PVEing or trading after being griefed for hours and being forced to surrender. That is not how a PvP server should function and this is going to discourage players again. It's already happening but once expensive port battle fleets have this happen it will be a much bigger problem on the forum. I'm just saying right now it doesn't seem so bad but just wait a few more weeks. 

26 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

D-N PVP against french while grinding aggro Santo Domingo: 1 surp capped 1 indefatigable sunk, 2 indefatigable capped. We did good.

I won't lie, I've had some great PvP too.

But right now it is being overshadowed by the griefing that is happening in between finding good battles. That is the problem right now, you can find great PvP battles but the bloody griefing is just out of hand right now and it's just stupid. For every 1 good battle that is found you get griefed for hours in between. Griefing is taking up a lot of playtime for quite a few PvP players and it's getting out of hand. They will eventually get sick of it and just quit.

Something needs to be done about this, it is only get worse once everyone has a large amount of gold stocked up and will all be out doing RvR and PvP. In 2017 we have fleets of basic cutters and privateers griefing players for hours on end, that is just sad that this game is headed back down this road.