Game-Labs Forum

Worth playing now if limited to 90 min - 2 hours sessions?

Not downloaded the new patch yet, but from what I'm reading it's making me nervous about time it takes to accomplish anything.

Typically I'm limited to 90min -2 hour sessions a few times a week. With how much more grindy the game has become( from my understanding) is it even worth messing with anymore? 

Probably it will work for you.

The game was time-intense before, so you know what you are messing with.

Only new grindy thing is the unlocking of the up to 5 Slots (earlier Upgrade-slots). So not a must have for "casual" gaming.

Edit: But i would probably wait a bunch of days till the economy is back to "normal"

Edited by Black Spawn

23 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

Not downloaded the new patch yet, but from what I'm reading it's making me nervous about time it takes to accomplish anything.

Typically I'm limited to 90min -2 hour sessions a few times a week. With how much more grindy the game has become( from my understanding) is it even worth messing with anymore? 

The reports of "grindy" are vastly over exaggerated.   I'm not finding the grind to be bad at all but I guess it could depend on what you are wanting to get out of the game.  If you are "wanting it all" then yes it could be grindy as heck, but if you are only wanting to play with friends, do a little crafting and not be one of the "balls to the walls" players you can easily get a lot of game play with a few hours night/few days a week.  The ones that are finding it "grindy" are the ones that want to be in fully equiped 1st rates within a week.  If that's what you want.....yes, it is grindy as heck.

As for me, I've played a total of two 4-5 hour sessions.  I have about 1.7 million gold and a fully equipped surprise and indefatigable, three outposts with 3 farms, workshop, shipyard.  

• Like 2

If you have about 8 hours a week you can kit out  the Surprise by the end of the 2nd session. Then you can go and hunt down the whiners, they will be easy to spot in global chat lol

Edited by airborneguy

It depends what your goals are.  I went really hardcore this weekend to get started, but intend to only do 2-3 hours at a time in future.  I don't need line ships and just like to contribute where and how I can.  Being in clan helps with creating content and atmosphere.  I like the Privateer, and really don't need to go beyond something like the Frigate.  Others want to get to something larger and be more involved in the big events.

You start with no gold and canons are rather expensive. So you need to do a couple of missions till you can equip your redeemable surprise, or you can buy a navy brig and equip it. Its a bit of mission grinding, but it should be allright.

I would suggest (depending on what nation you are in), to set up an outpost in a quiet area for gold grinding. I personaly found LGV's to be realy easy to cap with the redeemable surprise, it lands you 17k + the goods you can get from them. So its not too bad money wise.

If you set up an outpost with oak and iron, you can produce your own hull repairs and if you got enough money together you can get a workshop and produce your own cannons. Which are for a surprise for example about 40 x 2500 gold when bought from shop. But you can basicaly only put the 9 pounders on and equip the 6 pounders afterwards.

If you're not on the PvP server, the PvE server has no limits in capping ships. So I think you can cap ships realy fast there, and people probably have tons of ships to hand out. I think if you cap em they got guns on them, so thats like allot less money grinding.