Game-Labs Forum

Battle entry timer - 5 min?

As the topic was locked, I couldnt reply there but had to start a new one.

The current default battle entry timer still is set to 5 minutes from before the patch, to, I quote, promote PvP.

So is this the new default for ever? I thought that 5 min timer was just so the last few remaining people before the wipe could use up their big SoLs etc.
I'm fine with making it something like a 1 or 2 minute timer AND signaling by default.. but 5 min, the distance you can cover in OW is just overkill.

Pls reconsider :)

Hotfix will be deployed tomorrow to live servers. 

Battles will be open for entry for 5 mins to provide more enjoyable battle experience for groups of friends.

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

The current default battle entry timer still is set to 5 minutes from before the patch, to, I quote, promote PvP.

So is this the new default for ever? I thought that 5 min timer was just so the last few remaining people before the wipe could use up their big SoLs etc.
I'm fine with making it something like a 1 or 2 minute timer AND signaling by default.. but 5 min, the distance you can cover in OW is just overkill.

i dont know for what kind of server you speak ....!!

but for global it is just fine .....i agree on timers 5 minutes its oke

could even be longer ..

without the gps>>> it should even be 25 minutes

Edited by Thonys

17 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

+1 for 2 minutes timer, dont sure about signaling by default cause it wont permit ur friends to join IN 2 min if they are >BR of the enemy.

maybe we can have a default Area Control (improve diversity of ships without chasers + realistic) and a default Signaling lets say in 10 minutes: so in first 2 minutes every1 can join the battle, but after the 2 minutes only the lower BR side can be reinforced until BR is matched (for 8 minutes in this case).

what do u think abou this?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, elite92 said:

+1 for 2 minutes timer, dont sure about signaling by default cause it wont permit ur friends to join IN 2 min if they are >BR of the enemy.

maybe we can have a default Area Control (improve diversity of ships without chasers + realistic) and a default Signaling lets say in 10 minutes: so in first 2 minutes every1 can join the battle, but after the 2 minutes only the lower BR side can be reinforced until BR is matched (for 8 minutes in this case).

what do u think abou this?

Sounds good to me

--------------------------

10 minutes ago, Thonys said:

without the gps>>> it should even be 25 minutes

25 min timer? For how long have you been playing this game?

• Like 1

It is better now that it was before from my point of view. Players try to help each other out in OW and that is a good thing. The instant close battles was a game breaker. We could not help, so we did not care. I think the battle should be open for 3 minutes. But to long is better than to short. I also miss the big drag circle.. That made more sense to me at least.

+2 Minutes is the absolute highest we can go. 

To those against, please consider this: You say "friends sailing together can help each other with 5 minute timer". What? If your sailing together 2 minute timer should be more than enough :)

I'm so frustrated that we keep going back to things already tested and proved to be shite...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tiedemann said:

But to long is better than to short.

Not really. It was a 1on1 fight but because of the timer and the location where the tag happened i decided to run instead of fighting. My intention was to wait till 5 mins are over and then fight. But this time was to long so my opponent left before the battle is  open timer run out.

So shorter battle stay open timer or longer battle preperation timer would come handy to solve that.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Not really. It was a 1on1 fight but because of the timer and the location where the tag happened i decided to run instead of fighting. My intention was to wait till 5 mins are over and then fight. But this time was to long so my opponent left before the battle is  open timer run out.

So shorter battle stay open timer or longer battle preperation timer would come handy to solve that.

i agree , no1 should be able to leave the battle before it close. so either bring back 2 mins or increase leaving time to 5