Game-Labs Forum

Programming afk-time? Not a good idea. People bitch about loading times in some games. Try saying that: "oh, I see you misclicked there! Very well. now you cannot play the game anymore today. See you tomorrow." 

If we want a middle ground, that needs to be either a cooldown (4 hours maybe), and/or a price tag (PvE-marks) on teleports.

Edited by Anolytic
Were you being sarcastic?

If there are no delay, the world will be smaller.  You sail in location X for 3 hours, then TP to next location, sail 3 hours, etc.

The biggest issue with instant TP + CD is that it will cause ganks for sure.

5 minute battle timer will work better if people cannot teleport in the battle.  Instant TP basically means that they can.

Edited by Cmdr RideZ

5 minute timers also had the issue of free-town ganks where people would hide in port and then join after a battle started and their mate reported to them to enter OW and join battle. As well as the incessant invisibility battle-screen ganks.

Edited by Anolytic

1 hour ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

5 minute battle timer will work better if people cannot teleport in the battle.  Instant TP basically means that they can.

5 min timer is broken.

You're saying that we have to kill a quality of life feature (tp) because then 5 min timers will work better.

1,5  - 2 min timer is WYSIWYG as far as NA viewrange is concerned. Use sane timers and we don't have to mess with tp.

Treat the root cause, not the symptom.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jodgi said:

5 min timer is broken.

You're saying that we have to kill a quality of life feature (tp) because then 5 min timers will work better.

I am trying to suggest that we could have some means of teleportation.

Then I am saying that if there is going to be teleportation, I do not like the idea that you can teleport to help your matey.

I do not want teleport ganking.

Also, if teleports do have long delays, it will make revenge ganking more difficult.  I do not like revenge ganking either.

They could have it even so, that if someone has been tagged, which will later turns into a battle.  They save battle start time.  If you teleport, your teleport time will be also saved.  If battle start timer is older than your teleport timer, you cannot join the battle.

So the point here was not exactly that 5 min timer.

5 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

So the point here was not exactly that 5 min timer.

I know :)

I liked your suggestion in that other thread, tho.

Long timers seek to corrupt, steal and destroy... a lot like that guy... The Devil.