Game-Labs Forum

Flipping time (automation)

for what i read and hear 

there will be more than one server a global and an EU server just for taking care of the flipping stuff

what also means a portion of the players is not on your/ my server to play....!

perhaps I have a solution, but I'm am not a coding expert, so, I don't know if it is possible

but I give it a go and see if it is possible.. 

For example( perhaps this is an option to overcome the split in servers;  suppose the Danes want to attack the American ports. then that is only possible in the day time  zone for the Americans

up to 22.00 pm  hours pm  what means it is set in a window for the Americans to react on a decent time 

just doing this by coding 

if the Danes would attack,  on a time where the port battle would start at 03.48 AM (in the night for the Americans), the pb automatically have a set back (or forward) to (let say)20.30 hours  PM mid-American time at the latest.

and Vice versa..perhaps that is possible by coding... 

what means we have port battle windows specific for a nation (to the other nation-specific)

1 hour ago, rediii said:

This only guarentees that the current global solution works. BUT it also guarantees that players can only play at shitty times.

Why is everyone aiming this game to go into the "game must be shit for everyone so everyone who is left can enjoy it" and not into the direction of "game must be nice for everyone"?

well i dont know men

I just want a solution nothing more.....just to keep all the nations players  together

perhaps a random battle time, or a split battle, or no battle at all,  stage battles, battle all day long,

or a battle point system where an end battle time is set.....(with a window of 16 hours )with a counter attack system

or port battle,  battle time zones for a specific nation ( with a flag)

i just dont care what it will be ...

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, rediii said:

You can't balance out a server with 24/7 rvr and a huge impact on other playstyles. (and the biggest endgame content in NA).

Random battle time: Nothing to say here. So much grinding and then you get a battle where noone can be there? Not good

Split battle: i guess in every timezone? The side with no players in one of these timezones has a huge disadvantage

no battle: -

stage battle: don't know what you mean here ^^

battle all day long: either the alliance with most players wins or noone turns up to defend the region

It's just a fact that global servers don't work in the environment we are in. 

edit: Servers should have been splitted way earlier to develop a healthy environment

well i agree on all but what would you suggest then?

perhaps a counter system ??)(for night time ) a socalled multiple stage system perhaps? 

a reinforce system during the day time (cool down system) triage with a counter attack ..?

or a system where it is not possible to attack during the night , for defenders are asleep..?

Edited by Thonys

To Rediii

Complete disagreement. Idea of splitting servers is only serving small minority who is trying to force others to play at the same time as they do.

It is blatantly unfair and I find it unbelievable that this is not seen by the players who support it.

Everybody should have the right to play the same game same way regardless of time or location.

Idea of a server limited portbattle times is deadborn. not only now you are alienating completely players from outside of europe. And of top of that you are alienating players from INSIDE europe who cannot play at the same time as you do.

So for the fairness and equality to ALL this should not happen.

This is very simple

o7

Edited by Apina
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Apina said:

Complete disagreement. Idea of splitting servers is only serving small minority who is trying to force others to play at the same time as they do.

It is blatantly unfair and I find it unbelievable that this is not seen by the players who support it.

Everybody should have the right to play the same game same way regardless of time or location.

Idea of a server limited portbattle times is deadborn. not only now you are alienating completely players from outside of europe. And of top of that you are alienating players from INSIDE europe who cannot play at the same time as you do.

This is very simple

o7

o/ Apina (Kin?) :P

If it's just a small minority who wants this, only a small minority is going to leave.

The global server isn't going anywhere, so in what way are any 'rights' infringed or players outside of europe alienated? All it does is provide an option for those who want it, those who don't can stay.

17 minutes ago, Apina said:

This is very simple

o7

Most french clans + some danish, spanish and swedish already said they prefer to switch to the EU server, those alone are at least 150 active players. "Small minority"....

If you want global gameplay you can play on the global server, but not everyone likes this.

Pretty ironic lol. Why do you think most Eu players want to leave this server? Because its all fair and equal? Because US players got alienated?

Edited by JonSnowLetsGo
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

Most french clans + some danish, spanish and swedish already said they prefer to switch to the EU server, those alone are at least 150 active players. "Small minority"....

If you want global gameplay you can play on the global server, but not everyone likes this.

Pretty ironic lol. Why do you think most Eu players want to leave this server? Because its all fair and equal? Because US players got alienated?

And the 150+ players will prob be replaced with the those from PvP2 when we merge so it's not like your loosing players.  Your actually prob going to gain more players to fill the areas that need more players in them.

• Like 1

As the dev's have already said they will split the server, it should be done asap, or retracted NOW, as in no later then the ship wipe.  Players who want should be moved to the new server, those that don't want should stay on the current global server.  I don't think players should be able to do both with out making a new character, people who play on both PvP 1 and 2 had to start over on the new server so i don't feel its fair or right for people to be cloned on to the new server rather then moved.  The argument was made, that the global server was bad for their community, fair enough, but if that's the case it should be an either or not both.  Indecision on this will continue to drive the player base lower for US players.

Edited by Augustus Charles Hobart H

I was told the night flipping has a long history, but just now becam a problem. Someone checked Jehiel's Letters to the King and noticed, there has been night attacks for over a year. Only for a month ago people started to object. So the issue is not the nightflip, it's these people that will keep whine about situation that are negative for them. It was the nightflip now, what will come next, we'll see.

Just try to have fun, you can't win them all, but can have fun nonetheless. And I would love to see some more options for the lower rank players. There is not enough shallow water port battles for them. And the logging out in front of port, doesn't give them enough screening action aswell. So get them some more oppertunities.

Greetzz