Game-Labs Forum

You are playing too much when

Hobo

3 minutes ago, Hobo said:

. . .  you are trying to move another pillow towards the enemies rear...

Yes, I have played this game many times back in college; but that was years before Ultimate General was released. ;)

Or . . . . 

Did you wake to find Billy Idol's 'Rebel Yell' playing on the alarm? 

5 hours ago, Andre Bolkonsky said:

Yes, I have played this game many times back in college; but that was years before Ultimate General was released. ;)

Or . . . . 

Did you wake to find Billy Idol's 'Rebel Yell' playing on the alarm? 

my alarm sound is Tom Jones and Seasick Steve performing 'You Gotta Move' :P

When you write a... massive guide explaining how army mechanics, veterancy, and units work in the middle of seminar because you find it fun and not tiring :P

Said guide here: 

Edited by vren55
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sykes said:

When your driving to work and you notice a perfect hill in the distance -- you immediately think how you would place your artillery there...

A few more:

When you wake up the next morning after 5 hours of sleep and you're immediately thinking how to crack Hooker at Chancelloresville...

When you can name your three star brigades off the top of your head and scream in joy as they rip up the enemy.

When you finally turn off the game and the computer, go to bed and immediately upon closing your eyes, you see little wiggly line representative of your army on the screen, and you start directing the masses in your mind, causing you to lose any sleep at all.

• Like 3

On 3/15/2017 at 3:02 PM, Sykes said:

When your driving to work and you notice a perfect hill in the distance -- you immediately think how you would place your artillery there...

I was driving down an old dirt road the other day, so old and worn that it was sunken four or five feet compared to the land around it. I immediately began mentally placing brigades along both sides, and thinking how the flat land around it would make any enemies approaching it easy targets. Then I sadly shook my head, realizing that the absolute perfect defensive position was in real life, and not in UG:CW.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2017 at 2:45 PM, vren55 said:

When you write a... massive guide explaining how army mechanics, veterancy, and units work in the middle of seminar because you find it fun and not tiring :P

Said guide here: 

Which those newer players like myself find most helpful and a good introduction to be sure!

• Like 1

On 3/15/2017 at 9:35 PM, A. P. Hill said:

When you finally turn off the game and the computer, go to bed and immediately upon closing your eyes, you see little wiggly line representative of your army on the screen, and you start directing the masses in your mind, causing you to lose any sleep at all.

I stay up late not wanting to go to bed and fight those little wiggly lines of men