Game-Labs Forum

New Pirates of the Caribbean Trailer

Fluffy Fishy

For those who are interested in this kind of thing here is the new trailer. Looks like a fun piece of cheesy hollywood to enjoy with some nice looking ships to oggle at too, I'm looking forwards to seeing this one too, more than I did with the last film. Its just a shame its no master and commander but Its likely the the best we are likely to get for a while when it comes to age of sail films :)

Anyone else looking forwards to seeing it? I have actually quite enjoyed the trailers so far.

Edited by Fluffy Fishy
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I love them all, the best of the dopey pirate revival in recent times.

We'll never get any of the hoped for sequels to Master and Commander so we'll have to take The Crimson Pirate of the new millennium.

(if we do, it won't be Peter Weir, and will be unrecognizable to POB fans)

• Like 1

Sure, will see it.

Not a great fan of ghost supernatural stuff in pirates, so old flicks and way more recent Pirates ( polanski's ) and Cutthroat Island still are cool to remember now and then. Pirates being surprisingly good and with a lot of true events ( in separate occasions, places and figures ) and  glued together in a nice narrative.

I'll stick with Anne, first POTC was more close to classic than the latter ones.

By the way, what/whom is the spanish captain character supposed to be?

( still hoping for a Revolution or 1812 privateers historical movie or a Surcouf remake to rival damn M&C )

• Like 1

It'd be great to see a rousing treatment of privateering, especially thinking of American naval history.

I'd like to see something on John Paul Jones, a fascinating, combustive character.  Avoiding hagiography, as well as the modern taste for puritanical damnation of faults.

• Like 1