Game-Labs Forum

Prisoners, what to do with them?

Garyjd

2 hours ago, Garyjd said:

What do you do with prisoners? There does not appear to be a way to send them off map. I would not like to have a situation where they reactivate (armed no less) while in captivity, thus posing a huge problem for me.

Hit the Withdraw flag on far right, that orders them off the map. You should do this with empty supply wagons and your own brigades that are very damaged and close to shattering also. Ideally you should manually run them close to the retreating edge first so they don't risk taking a bad route.

2 hours ago, Hitorishizuka said:

Hit the Withdraw flag on far right, that orders them off the map. You should do this with empty supply wagons and your own brigades that are very damaged and close to shattering also. Ideally you should manually run them close to the retreating edge first so they don't risk taking a bad route.

I also withdraw empty supply wagons of my own. They just attract enemy cav to your rear and hold no purpose. I honestly wish they simply disappeared...

Edited by Zwerty99
  • Like 1

As soon as they capitulate, I head them for the edge of the map behind my lines.   At some point I'll go back to them and then select them, then click outside the map boundary lines and they'll rout off the map.

I use the same practice with empty supply wagons.

Jochen Piper had one solution to the problem of what to do with prisoners; of course, 'unknown assailants' burned his house down with him inside it when he was released from prison. . . . might want to go another path. 

And, so did Nathan Bedford Forrest; come to think of it. A verified genius if ever there was one, but the man made a few . . . moral errors. 

But, in this game, just keep 'rout'ing them off the board; as long as no enemy combatants are running around behind you. 

Edited by Andre Bolkonsky

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Wandering1 said:

This was nerfed a while ago. They give no weapons now, because getting 5000 1855s from Fredericksburg easily broke the economy of the game.

At least they could give... 25% or something like that.

25% is the base amount for captures (as in people shot and killed), with 50% being for rescues. On the higher difficulties, this percentage goes even lower (I believe 10 and 25% on Legendary, respectively?). 

So long as men captured doesn't provide any weapons though, there's no reason to stop us from doing something that sounds like a war crime, but I'm not going to describe here because it's significantly gaming the system; even more than getting free Fayettevilles from combining 100 Fayetteville squads into 2000+ farmers squads.