Game-Labs Forum

Dear Denmark

Lord Vicious

14 minutes ago, Aegir said:

4 nations with large groups of 4+ languages is alot of hoops to jump through to get a message across than 2 running mostly 1 language, and holding the edges rather than the centre makes for very long trips to set up faraway outposts.

And personally at least, I find effective screening to be helluva boring with just chopping sails at max distance against impossible odds, it kinda sucks to have to be bad at something in order to have an interesting fight.

You're not screening because it's a fun time, you're screening to support your alliance group.  I'm not particularly enjoying the sail down to Caracas as I type this, but I'm doing it because when Wilmington eventually gets hit at 1pm on a monday afternoon I'd like to have some allies show up and return the favor.  One day perhaps your side will learn that we don't screen because we're trying to hide from port battles, we're screening to involve more than just 25 people at a time.  The more people you get involved in RVR, the more will keep showing up.  The juice is worth the squeeze, which is why your sides 25man super fleet is no longer playing.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Aegir said:

I meant for the EU timezone fights and getting screeners, I don't think it is at all applicable to those battles since they were within easy reach of each nation, everyone knew that people were desperately needed and no screening is used anyway - for those its purely a matter there of who even wants to do em, clearly not many.

I was referring more to the actual in-game comms at Santo Domingo, as there were French, Danish (Russian), Swedish, and Spanish players present.

If your allies don't want to set up outposts to attack or defend ports, then clearly our numbers aren't the issue. Besides, two nations cannot be farther apart than the Dutch and the US, and we still show up en masse to help each other... 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Surathani said:

We have Dutch, German, American, Polish, Brazilian, Ukrainian and Czechoslovakian players. We know those hoops. And all in the Dutch nation alone, minus the Brazilians.

...So does every other nation, I'm not talking about the small inter-nation groups or just players in general, it's about mobilizing larger communities with no national affiliations and dedicated PBers.

2 minutes ago, SirSamuelHood said:

I was referring more to the actual in-game comms at Santo Domingo, as there were French, Danish (Russian), Swedish, and Spanish players present.

Ah, well yeah, PB comms get ridiculous when 2-3 languages are used.

1 minute ago, Aegir said:

Ah, well yeah, PB comms get ridiculous when 2-3 languages are used.

That's been a bigger issue in the Dutch nation than most would believe. We have German and Polish only clans, of which most members do not understand or speak English well enough to communicate effectively in PB's. We've always had to have it all translated in real time. Please don't think the French/Spanish are alone in that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Impie said:

If your allies don't want to set up outposts to attack or defend ports, then clearly our numbers aren't the issue. Besides, two nations cannot be farther apart than the Dutch and the US, and we still show up en masse to help each other... 

Pretty much the same distance as Spain and everyone else :P And judging by how there's usually only been a token 2-5 US players present, let alone any screeners, I don't think its quite the same case.

I'm not saying that we're fewer by the way (until the Jamaican residents get mobilized at least), just not so sure that we're more. It's been pretty equal, at least until now.

6 minutes ago, Impie said:

That's been a bigger issue in the Dutch nation than most would believe. We have German and Polish only clans, of which most members do not understand or speak English well enough to communicate effectively in PB's. We've always had to have it all translated in real time. Please don't think the French/Spanish are alone in that.

That applies for the Swedes alone with all our Germans. Its just exacerbated when having to use 2 or 3, or even 4 nations in one fleet.

Edited by Guest

28 minutes ago, Christendom said:

You're not screening because it's a fun time, you're screening to support your alliance group.  I'm not particularly enjoying the sail down to Caracas as I type this, but I'm doing it because when Wilmington eventually gets hit at 1pm on a monday afternoon I'd like to have some allies show up and return the favor.  One day perhaps your side will learn that we don't screen because we're trying to hide from port battles, we're screening to involve more than just 25 people at a time.  The more people you get involved in RVR, the more will keep showing up.  The juice is worth the squeeze, which is why your sides 25man super fleet is no longer playing.  

Maybe thats the case when doing some fighting after doing a whole lot of nothing, but to retain players who have been at war non-stop for a year you're not gonna get far by telling them to do stuff that they don't enjoy. As for the Danes, people giving up a war without losing a single fight themselves isn't exactly a healthy indicator for where the game is headed. And still the only nation around whose home ports were never in contention, now thats crazy good for a nation of that size and like em or not that deserves respect.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Chimera said:

I have outposts from Wilmington to the windwards and Belize to the Bermudas. 

The sail is the same for all of us. 

Carriacou to Savannah here. What's your point?

Edit: Had. I scrapped most of my OP's.

Edited by Kloothommel

4 hours ago, Christendom said:

This proves everything. The game is supposed to be FUN for all playing and participating. Screeners rarely get battles and by doing massive screening we also negate a good fight in the port. That is what you are currently doing, negating any combat and by doing night flips. The current RoE makes it possible to block almost any port, although we CHOOSE not to do so because what is the outcome? An unbalanced fleet fight where one side usually run from the beginning. Last time at castries we were ALOT of screeners, although zergs and dutch had more numbers. We almost got through, but the 1st rate fleet got tagged by a few frigates. I was online for 3 hours, only saw enemies tagging to retreat right away, making us loose time. You really think you do something different than us and thats why you are winning? No, when US is attacking you do nightflips in worknights and when we attack you make massive screening to negate any battle whatsoever. You are such a bunch of hypocritical carebears, who thinks this is the way to win the game. EU timers for EU nations, US timer for US nation. Our 25 man RDNN-RUS fleet are merely waiting for the game change so battles will facilitated instead of this.. Its impossible nowadays with your "tag and run" or nightflips. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, E.P. Juel said:

This proves everything. The game is supposed to be FUN for all playing and participating. Screeners rarely get battles and by doing massive screening we also negate a good fight in the port. That is what you are currently doing, negating any combat and by doing night flips. The current RoE makes it possible to block almost any port, although we CHOOSE not to do so because what is the outcome? An unbalanced fleet fight where one side usually run from the beginning. Last time at castries we were ALOT of screeners, although zergs and dutch had more numbers. We almost got through, but the 1st rate fleet got tagged by a few frigates. I was online for 3 hours, only saw enemies tagging to retreat right away, making us loose time.

And here I felt bad for just sitting at max range and shooting single shots to keep enemy ships in the battle for half an hour or so, is it really so bad now that people don't even do that but are just re-tagging in the OW over and over instead? Because if so I really hope they fix the current "Can't join a battle until after 2 minutes but can get attacked after 30 seconds" issue.

4 minutes ago, Aegir said:

And here I felt bad for just sitting at max range and shooting single shots to keep enemy ships in the battle for half an hour or so, is it really so bad now that people don't even do that but are just re-tagging in the OW over and over instead? Because if so I really hope they fix the current "Can't join a battle until after 2 minutes but can get attacked after 30 seconds" issue.

I have said it before: Screening (in its current form) is the plague.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Christendom said:

we are just taking break mate. remember the rus-rdnn fleet have been playing all most every day for the last 12 mouths with out stop, multiple post battles a day always out numbered, and ever since you guys realized just how good our fleet is you have been bending over backwards to stop any kinda of port battle form our site. and since the 46 hours change and the current ROE our chance of getting a port battle is almost 0%. we also have family and friends and now was good time to spend more time with them as the current mechanics favor zerg tactics so much. this has been on our mind for the last 2 mouths. he night flip just forced us to make choice to play the game after your rules and we chose not to do that. port are not important to us only good fights and this is the fundamental  different betwin us we love the fight it self even when we lose. you just love to win at all cost       

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Christendom said:

So what i'm getting from this is destroying the other sides enjoyment of the game is worth it?

"The juice is worth the squeeze?"

So you'd squeeze every player that opposes you from the game for your own fulfillment? That's really sad.

1 hour ago, Kloothommel said:

Carriacou to Savannah here. What's your point?

Edit: Had. I scrapped most of my OP's.

I was just referring to an earlier post were somebody argued the distance would stop them from helping more.

Seems like I didn't quote correctly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

So what i'm getting from this is destroying the other sides enjoyment of the game is worth it?

"The juice is worth the squeeze?"

So you'd squeeze every player that opposes you from the game for your own fulfillment? That's really sad.

I think he was referring to the "get more people to participate in RVR" part. 

Yes it is an effort but it's worth it. 

At least that's what I understood from christendoms post. 

I still don't understand this whole argument/ fight! When the Daines used every trick in there dirty tricks handbook it was fair and not game breaking! Now they start to loose to an Danish dirty tricks handbook translated into American (small words and lots of bright pictures) it's gamebreaking and unfair!

I also fail to see how you can blame time zones as the Daines had every chance to allie with the Americans (non aggression packs seem to be the norm) 

But instead your Danish council tried to intimidate and bully the Americans! Now that the once dopey sleeping dragon that is the USA has awoken from its donut and sweats slumber. You claim to be the victims that need protecting!

Your actions have consequences!

I'm an ex pirate some brits still refuse to sail with me but that's life!

Just now, rediii said:

Screening battles can be fun too as long as the fleets don't just run away. I had quite some fun in the screening battles i got in so far.

If the danes would be able to field as many players for screening as swedes (sometimes) or even french (huge) we wouldnt have a screening problem TBH.

It's all down to numbers. Too many left.

• Like 1

Still think that if things don't get worked out we could just switch en masse to PvP2 and stage friendly PBs there with pure fighting and no bullshit/drama until the game develops further.

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

Screening battles can be fun too as long as the fleets don't just run away. I had quite some fun in the screening battles i got in so far.

If the danes would be able to field as many players for screening as swedes (sometimes) or even french (huge) we wouldnt have a screening problem TBH.

In another thread I posted my thoughts on a mechanic that would make screening battles more relevant via introducing blockaded ports if the screen looses the battles in the open world. Basic thought was: if you stop the force from arriving but don't beat it at sea it is still around. You defend the port but it gets blockaded. 

If people like the idea we could start a thread and discuss different ideas about it. 

Edited by Chimera

1 minute ago, Aegir said:

Still think that if things don't get worked out we could just switch en masse to PvP2 and stage friendly PBs there with pure fighting and no bullshit/drama until the game develops further.

There was a British initiative back a couple of month to organize a fleet battle with set composition to reenact a historic battle. Back then the French (if I remember correctly) weren't open to this due to different reasons. Maybe we can think about something like this again?

Just now, rediii said:

Or switch to US on PvP1 so we get even sides in both timezones ;) i don't think we could get so many battles on PvP2 since the pop is so low

I didn't mean to fight the PvP2ers, I meant to just bring people ourselves , join two different nations and stage friendly fights against eachother without all the hassle. Could just do it with basic consti vs basic consti fleets until getting something better, and hostility is going to be fairly easy with no opposition (+/- friendly OW fights).

5 minutes ago, Aegir said:

PvP2 is underpopulated. In US primetime, only themselves are online  - US could actually go PvP2 and do nightflips instead, they wont see or feel any difference. Oh wait, their goal is to break the remaining EU nations community, forgot about that. Don't think all EU nations are prepared to move to PvP2 because one nation using this method. Ppl rather stop playing because of the lack of fun =)

Edited by E.P. Juel