Game-Labs Forum

Dutch Refit Bonus

As other nations have refits i think it would be fair to give all nations a refit bonus, but as i am Dutch, I will be making a suggestion for the Dutch refit bonus. 

As we all know the Dutch were a trading nation primarily, and as such I think it would make sense that the Dutch Refit have these bonuses...

-Increase hull capacity by 15% 

-Increase sail and mast Health by 5%

The sail and mast health is for stronger, more durable masts and sails that could sustain the extra weight without losing speed. This would be a great perk for trader ships and would not imbalance pvp. 

• Like 15

The only problem with this would be that it would incentivise  people to choose nations like Britian (because even though they were also a trading nation, and the Netherlands was the number 1 naval power at the start of the time-period, you know people would complain if Britian didn't get a militaristic perk).

Just now, Zeekoning said:

The only problem with this would be that it would incentivise  people to choose nations like Britian (because even though they were also a trading nation, and the Netherlands was the number 1 naval power at the start of the time-period, you know people would complain if Britian didn't get a militaristic perk).

British Refit. 
["CANNON_DISPERSION_PER100M","CANNON_DISPERSION_VERTICAL_PER100M"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":-5}
["CANNON_RELOAD_TIME"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":-5}
["SHIP_TURNING_SPEED"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":1}]

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Prater said:

Personally, I think if not every single person in the game has access to the refits no matter what nation they have or where they are, they shouldn't be in the game.

ok, so what are you saying in terms of the idea of another refit or not? 

Just now, Prater said:

Add the refit in, but make refits accessible to everyone.

I think the point of them not being as accessible is to incentivize pvp in terms of port battles for nations to gain access to that refit. Would it be nice to have immediate access to all refits, sure, but i dont know, i enjoy the challenge of conquesting to gain that. But that is me personally. Perhaps you should make a post about it with a poll or something to get a better view of everyone's view. 

23 minutes ago, Prater said:

Add the refit in, but make refits accessible to everyone.

Than what would be the reason to fight over regions other than the certain woods like Live Oak, Cedar and Mahog?   I think cotton is a rare one as it's only in the US area too.   So if every one can just get them than there would be no fighting.  Might as well play on PvE than.  Also I don't think any region that has a rare meterial should have a bonus to it.  Like Bermuda has Speed Regional.  So what will folks do?  not ship it any where else and just build any speed ships there.   So if you take the regional away than they have to ship it to the region they want to craft in.   This gives more traders on the OW and more hunting an PvP.

• Like 1

Regional bonuses are why we sail to and capture regions, along with the limited silver and gold resources. However, it might be cool if they are specific to each nation and given by crafting rank.
Say a level 1-20 crafter gets only 20% of the total regional bonus
level 21-30 gets 50%
level 31-45 gets 75% and,
level 46-50 gets 100% of the regional bonus.

13 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Regional bonuses are why we sail to and capture regions, along with the limited silver and gold resources. However, it might be cool if they are specific to each nation and given by crafting rank.
Say a level 1-20 crafter gets only 20% of the total regional bonus
level 21-30 gets 50%
level 31-45 gets 75% and,
level 46-50 gets 100% of the regional bonus.

Its not. There is already the competition for the regional resources.

7 hours ago, stormridersp said:

Its not. There is already the competition for the regional resources.

its one reason for sure. when we look at ports and we are thinking how can we make sure the enemy doesnt have better ships than us, that certainly is one way we do it.