Game-Labs Forum

Nerfing certain players?

Magnum

Discovered that when some of my friends reno are faster than me - I forget the hold perk

CkyvHr1.png

Speed 14.92 as built.

My friend

kkJtA0h.png%20 

Speed 15.26 as built - all else equal.

Do remember to chamge yer officers - if you want speed

Edited by Magnum

2 minutes ago, Top Quat said:

Did you have the hold space perk set when the ship was crafted? 20% more cargo space but a reduction in speed?

Perhaps? I do usually have that perk set - can it affect speed during construction?

Holy cow then I found a real bug/trick?

Edited by Magnum

Hold optmization perk increase hold in cost of speed as you can read in the perk description. Once it is active your ship speed is affected. Once it is not active - ship speed is not affected.

Could you please clarify or rephrase what the bug is? We just tested crafting with active perk, then reseting officer and speed changes accordingly.

Sorry for the "bug" phrasing - I thought at first since I built the ship for someone else that it was a bug that the speed nerf showed up when the ship was built. My friend a programmer explained to me how it has to be included any time the ships current owner includes the "Hold Optimization" Perk. IOW a shipyard or ship builder doesn't have a "test" dock or "storage" dock - only an "active" dock.

There was a question as to where the perk should be displayed - I don't think that really matters as long as builders know to remove their own Hold Optimization perk when displaying their ships speed stats.

I just expected that the nerf of the Hold Perk would not show up in the ship stats - since the Buff of the Frigate Master seems not to.

The hold optimization nerf is NOT a bug - please remove the thread if you want to.

Edited by Magnum