Game-Labs Forum

graphics card requirements

maybe you post your CPU and actual RAM you use. Also the GPU and I/we can give you some infos

If you only need a GPU and have a decent setup CPU wise the GTX 970 is unbeatable right now.. 350-400 bucks and it rips through games godlike.

the gigabyte Windforce editions are retty darn good cards. A very cool and quiet cooler. Only "drawback" they are long cards and dont fit in all cases

So your computer looks nice exept the grafics card. No need for more RAM and the CPU is still very powerful for any games out here.

The 750 ti from NVIDIA is about the lowes end card you could ever consider for gaming. I dont know how much your into gaming but I would not be happy with the performance of this card.

The price is of course very nice for its power delivery. Nothing bad there. (110-120€ I saw)

If you want to step up the grafics I can recomment the R9 280 from AMD. I am using the 7950 wich is the same chipset and I am very pleased with the performance in any game I play. It even kicks the 760s butt in about any benchmark you throw at those cards. (760 is 200 bucks).

So how expensive is this thing? 150€. Only a 30€ stepup from the 750 ti but a huge improvement in processing power. *thumbsup*.

Notice I am pricing in Euros and the dollar prices can differ from the once I mention here.

I'd go with the gtx 770 series

I only had. 300 to spend and got the760 which works good

what hype? did I miss something.. Since AMD is not upgrading their socket for 5 years now they suck hard.

Get an intel and be fine. really. They are worth the money. A friend of mine went from an high end AMD FX to an intel i7 and got like 20-30 FPS more out of BF4.

Get an intel xeon (E5-1620 v2 beeing the best right now). Those are i7s without overclocking potential and without the grafics. wich is redundant if your running an dedicated grafics card. You only have to worrie about the correct clock speeds.

Every GPU from the "newer" generations will run NavalAction. The 660ti does a good job on medium to hight settings. (A friends tested NA on this particular card).

Mirones feel about the RAM is not what I encountered. My max RAM usage is MAX 3Gb.

On the other hand, if your on a budget you can build a good PC for 500 and an AMD processor.

I just recently built a 800€ machine wich is better than my 2 years old 1.3k computer (sniff)

Do not go with AMD...INTEL CPU's are Blowing away AMD......  

If you are looking for Computer build advice. These guys will help you get the best you can get for the money(BANG FOR YOUR BUCK)

They will tell you what sites have the best deals going and what hardware looks good but is actually not..ect..

Go to this site and Post under-- GENERAL HARDWARE (Answer the sticky questions so they can help you)

http://hardforum.com/

Lets hope they optimize for SLI/ crossfire...I have   2* MSI Twin Frozer-GTX 680 w/ 4G in each card-- running in SLI

I was thinking about SLI at one time but ive noticed more and more games in early access or alpha testing often throw out the SLI support for their games. Its a shame because I could easily use 2x 560ti instead of 1 but id rather upgrade to that 760 or 770.

Problmem is, i don't know if i can connect a bugger/better card to my computer because i don't know if i have the external power sour c that they need

I have to check this evening...

Also prices are relative... At the end i will buy something in swiss franks haha

@AP514

did you actually read my post or just threw a AMD hatepost the moment you saw the letters?

AMD is unbeatable in a PRICEPOINT!

I am quite into the hardware stuff and can tell you that AMD processors are not bad at all. They are just not as good as intel. (core to core comparism)

@Bixol:

can you tell us what kind of PSU that computer actually uses? All it says is 460W wich tells us as much as: It does have a PSU.

Most important is your efficiency rating. My computer runs an overclocked i5 and overclocked GPU with a 450W PSU and I am totally fine with it.

If you want to see a good approximation on your actual power draw you can check out tools like http://www.bequiet.com/de/psucalculator

Also there are forums wich have a lot of real world PCs checked. http://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/f238/wie-stark-muss-mein-netzteil-wirklich-sein-teil-3-a-800218.html

Dont mid the german just check the power draws and make up your mind.

Thats really the only limiting factor wheater or not your PSU can deliver.

If money is not the peroblem you only have to tell us about your gamin life. Do you game much or not and do you care about high quality or not.

I've got an AMD FX 8350 myself and I am certainly happier with it than with the intel i5 I have in my other computer. Intel and AMD are different, but equally good. Intel is good in applications which use only 1 or 2 cores, when AMD is better in applications that use 4+ cores. I've also heard that AMD can be more easily overclocked than intel ones, but personally I haven't tried it out yet. I do heartily recommend the FX8350 if anyone's looking for new processors.

Ty for the CG.

My computer is quite old : Core 2 Duo E8500, 9800GTX+, 4GB Ram

With a new GC, i'm afraid to be cpu limited.

I m said i would gain fps if i change my CG in my present pc.

But from my own experience, with my previous pc, upgrading from a Gforce 4 (4400) to a Gforce 6 did not give me more fps.

This is the reason why i'm reluctant to change my CG.

I don't want to put 100/150€ out of the window for a Cg which would not give me more fps, whereas i would need one day to buy a new full rig.

• Like 2

Here's a plan for you:

GeForce GT 730 64-bit GDDR5 $69 Radeon HD 7770 or Radeon R7 250X $95 GeForce GTX 750 Ti $140 Radeon R9 270X  $185

Cmon... GT730, 64-bit memory access? That's good for very basic games.

Vanilla GF GTX 660/750 is minimum.

Dagann, what about upgrading your old PC by replacing GC now, and later (after grinding enough gold  ;)  )  upgrade mobo+cpu+ram and whatever else you like or need to change? Since PciExpress standard seems to be solid for near future, buying new CG will be not throwing your cash out of the window.

@AP514

did you actually read my post or just threw a AMD hatepost the moment you saw the letters?

AMD is unbeatable in a PRICEPOINT!

I am quite into the hardware stuff and can tell you that AMD processors are not bad at all. They are just not as good as intel. (core to core comparism)

No not a HATER of AMD.I have used Both in builds...

But to use your own words  "They are just not as good as intel. (core to core comparism)"

And the price piont is not that Great for AMD....Compaired to Intel...

You never know maybe those guys at  http://hardforum.com/ will recommend AMD for him..

(Maybe they will say Cpu is ok and a new GPU is all that is needed (doubtful))

Just answer the questions on the top Sticky and they will help. 

That was my Main Point

So try the link to that site. If in the USA or Across the Big Pond....they still will help you get the BEST BANG FOR YOU BUCK..EURO

Cmon... GT730, 64-bit memory access? That's good for very basic games.

Vanilla GF GTX 660/750 is minimum.

Dagann, what about upgrading your old PC by replacing GC now, and later (after grinding enough gold  ;)  )  upgrade mobo+cpu+ram and whatever else you like or need to change? Since PciExpress standard seems to be solid for near future, buying new CG will be not throwing your cash out of the window.

I totally agree, a 650/750 is minimum, just threw some prices out as some people are playing this game on worse than that.

As I mentioned in another thread, where the worry over FPS seems to dominant (my analogy being why do the cheap seats get to dictate how the band plays?), I mentioned that if gaming is a hobby one enjoys, one can afford $200 on a GPU, but you can even get an ample GPU for less than that.

I've been a modder on another game for several years now and in our threads the hands down number one question and concern is 'can you lower this or that because my FPS etc' or 'I can't play this, do you plan on reducing unit sizes or smoke etc'

Look I know what it's like to be broke, been there done that, but is it fair to other people who have invested in a good rig, to get a watered down game (graphically speaking), any game not just NA, so that the weak rig owners can play?

Anyway, I have an i5-2400, HD6850, a MSi motherboard and 4GB Ram in a Cooler Master case sitting here collecting dust, it just needs a power supply and a hard drive. It was running a heavily modded Total War and Skyrim on a 40" screen 1920x1280 no issues., I never overclocked it.

I made this video in 2011 with it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVjCy6TtF9E

I will sell it at a cheaper price than I plan to put it on craigslist for, for a naval action forum member ;)

If this is offer is against forum rules, apologies. If you're interested PM me. It's been sitting here for about 3 months in my office only because I've since upgraded to a GTX 780/i7-4770k/SSD etc.

@Bixol:

can you tell us what kind of PSU that computer actually uses? All it says is 460W wich tells us as much as: It does have a PSU.

Most important is your efficiency rating. My computer runs an overclocked i5 and overclocked GPU with a 450W PSU and I am totally fine with it.

If you want to see a good approximation on your actual power draw you can check out tools like http://www.bequiet.com/de/psucalculator

Also there are forums wich have a lot of real world PCs checked. http://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/f238/wie-stark-muss-mein-netzteil-wirklich-sein-teil-3-a-800218.html

Dont mid the german just check the power draws and make up your mind.

Thats really the only limiting factor wheater or not your PSU can deliver.

If money is not the peroblem you only have to tell us about your gamin life. Do you game much or not and do you care about high quality or not.

Hi

Psu is:

Delta Electronics

model: DPS-460DB-3 A

HP P/N: 570857-001

Max Power 460W

Connection: 1x 6pin

Gpu shuld be decent for playing at 1080p

for the budget i don't really know

I tought about 200-250 swiss franks, that's about 200-250$ or 160-200€

It can be more if needed!

i think i will get a r9 270, should be the best thing around for a single 6pin connector

opinions? Other Suggestions?

phew.. that 6 pin connector is limiting your possibilities a lot.

I guess the R9 270 is the best bet for you right now.

Since she is only slightly worse than the card I use you can expect to run on 60-70 FPS with high setting in NavalAction.

30-45FPS on ultra. At least this is what I experienced with my setup.

Asus R9 200+ Series? got one runs good but takes alot of space in the Case

+ it comes with GPU Tweak monitoring your Grafic card i only use it to put the fan manually on 100% so that it stays cool even my room under the roof in summer B)

taken from can i run it i on potbs specs min but ya

walmart laptop keep in mind

CPU

Minimum: Pentium 4/Athlon XP 1.5 GHz or greater You Have: AMD E-450 APU with Radeon HD Graphics drivers-updates.gif Click here for the latest CPU drivers.

bars_10-19.png 18th percentile
green_checkmark.gifCPU SPEED
Minimum: 1.5 GHz You Have: 1.6 GHz Performance Rated at: 2.4 GHz

green_checkmark.gifVIDEO CARD
Minimum: DirectX 9 Compatible video card with Pixel Shader 2.0 support: NVidia GeForce FX 5700, ATI Radeon 9600, or equivalent with 128 MB of texture memory You Have: AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics drivers-updates.gif Click here for the latest Video Card drivers.

bars_47-59.png 47th percentile Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card     Required You Have green_checkmark_small.gif Video RAM 128 MB 1.9 GB green_checkmark_small.gif 3D Yes Yes green_checkmark_small.gif Hardware T&L Yes Yes green_checkmark_small.gif Pixel Shader version 2.0 5.0 green_checkmark_small.gif Vertex Shader version 2.0 5.0
green_checkmark.gifRAM
Minimum: 512 MB (1GB for Windows Vista) You Have: 3.7 GB

bars_27-39.png 36th percentile
question_mark.gifOS
Minimum: Windows XP You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit drivers-updates.gif Click here for the latest Windows drivers.
Unfortunately your operating system was not available when this product was released, so it is not OFFICIALLY supported. Please review the publisher's website for more information.
green_checkmark.gifFREE DISK SPACE
Minimum: 4 GB You Have: 380.8 GB drivers-updates.gif Click here for the latest Free Disk Space drivers.

green_checkmark.gifSOUND CARD
Minimum: Yes You Have: Realtek High Definition Audio drivers-updates.gif Click here for the latest Sound Card drivers.

green_checkmark.gifDVD-ROM
Minimum: 16x DVD-ROM You Have: hp DVDRAM GT50N SATA CdRom Device drivers-updates.gif Click here for the latest DVD-ROM drivers.

green_checkmark.gifDIRECTX VERSION
Minimum: 9.0c You Have: 11.0