Game-Labs Forum

Pvp2. National players start helping your noobs !

Mrdoomed

Hey no offense but you national players on pvp2 need to start helping your new players.

Im a damn pirate and i see a constant flow of noobs on your coast and often talk to them. They have zero clue on how to play or how to level and basic things are oblivious to them. Ive found myself over the last two weeks spending hours telling them the basics after they try to attack me or sail next to me etc having no clue whats going on.

Ive even started giving them bottles, ships, gold, basic upgrades etc because they say nobody will help them or talk to them.

This is US and British newbs (i dont spend much time fighting other nations ) and its not a rare thing so it seems rather epidemic for your factions.

Im not accusing the veteran players here on the forums but hoping you will pass this along to your player base. As a pirate i see our faction taking great care of any new player we have. Guiding them, helping them and inviting them for xp etc and i seldom see a ratling who is completely lost in game.

Its time for everyone to help thier noobs.

• Like 7

I sail on PVP2 EU and primarily trade and do missions up and down the US East Coast and when possible fleet in that area with other US captains.  I also cruise the coast in a small, fast trader and do "target spotting" and report movements of "OpFor" units ... usually Pirates, Spanish and Swedes.

I constantly offer aid to new captains and encourage them to call targets meanfully and work together to learn and coordinate.  I point out to them the information on the Official Game Labs Forums, for example at:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/forum/44-guides/

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/forum/57-economy-trading-and-crafting/

and the excellent videos on YouTube.com, including Cap'n Jeheils excellent series of Naval Action videos covering from "First Missions" through basic sailing, navigating, trading, crafting, Outposts and Production.  His weekly "Letter to the King" updates on local alliances and warfare. (Subscribe, you'll be glad you did.)

They start at:

The challenge that I find is that many captains lack the patience to first learn the basics, and instead want to get fast gratification for the desire to "sail a big ship now and shoot something up".  Another segment seem compelled to rush into a fight undercrewed or with a vulnerable First Rate, without backup, and decline to communicate on Nations Chat or Teamspeak and coordinate with other players.  Then complain "why did you guys not follow me?"

So, before one can help new players, they need to understand and accept that they have much to learn and that teamwork and communication is a very big part of this game, perhaps unlike other games that they played alone in the past.

~ HK ~
PVPTwo EU
  • Like 1

I know in the US nation, most often the newbs have been alt accounts claiming to be newbs, even trying to sell themselves of as so pro-US that they over exaggerate the "murican" mentality rather than simply being American proud. I'm hearing of this happening in other nations as well.

But yes, we nationals can weed those characters out and help true newbs. I know the US NPG and TOTC guys certainly spend a lot of time helping them, as I am certain many of the others do as well.

Problem is the noobs don't get invited into battle groups because of 2 things. 1- they are not part of the 'clique" . And 2- the fear of spies. The second one could be helped if you didnt have admitted alts posting in nation chat (summer006). The first one is a little more complicated since noobs are often shunned and labeled care bears or farmers. But that seems to be lightening up a bit here lately. I try to offer up info whenever I see a question being asked. But my time ingame is getting to be less and less thee days.

Edited by Blkmgc

Problem is the noobs don't get invited into battle groups because of 2 things. 1- they are not part of the 'clique" . And 2- the fear of spies. The second one could be helped if you didnt have admitted alts posting in nation chat (summer006). The first one is a little more complicated since noobs are often shunned and labeled care bears or farmers. But that seems to be lightening up a bit here lately. I try to offer up info whenever I see a question being asked. But my time ingame is getting to be less and less thee days.

Usually you can tell who isna spy and who isnt pretty quickly but as long as youre not doing anything but missions it shouldn't matter amd the 1st point is in us as vetrans. That seems to be what is happening is they are not " the cool kids" and arenignores. National players need to just stop that way of thinking and volunteer to help.

Our pirate faction does help ( not all but most) including some of our large clans.

Its not like adopting a kid so you don't have to help them long. Usually in just a day they learn the ropes and after that just randomly ivite all players to group up for pve missions.

Again please dont think im singling forum users out as i know these people are more involved but its more of a please spread this message to your faction.

Selfishly this is because i need some experienced victoms to attack rather than a buncb of noobs who are nkt worth my time. Lol.

I know in the US nation, most often the newbs have been alt accounts claiming to be newbs, even trying to sell themselves of as so pro-US that they over exaggerate the "murican" mentality rather than simply being American proud. I'm hearing of this happening in other nations as well.

But yes, we nationals can weed those characters out and help true newbs. I know the US NPG and TOTC guys certainly spend a lot of time helping them, as I am certain many of the others do as well.

I remember back in my early days before I was part of any clans and still playing on EU (I switched to US PvP2 when they split the EU server).    I was called a spy/traitor basically cause I had asked about how to understand and get involved in port battles and had no clue how to read the conquest/map stuff about Port Battles and flags.  The old time US players where very toxic towards new players.  So I moved to PvP2 expecting a better expiernce.   Well I got little to know help for the most part and it wasn't until I grounded out another level or two that some one help make me a surprise (thanks Speedfreek for doing so for only the mats needed).  I was getting the same feeling of how old timers just didn't care about new players as I was once again trying to get involved into the port battle and PvP stuff.  At this time I had been a casual player only poping in after patches to check things out for a few days or week before waiting until the next patch.  An old clan mate from another game got me to join UNKN and had a good time cause that small clan was very helpful with new players.  We would take folks out and show them the ropes, it's why we grew so fast there at the end of our US time.  Once again we started to get a very toxic feeling from older US players involving port battles and them not wanting to help or bring lower level/basic ships with no mods or running in every fight after one or two sunk.  That is why we switched to pirates to work with a very organized groups.   It's why Pirates do so much damage with so small of a nation and yes we are smaller than US or Brits, but we are better organized and help newer players out.

I have even gone out of my way and helped new players in other nations. I try to keep friendly to them in global and give out info to help them cause we where once Newbies.....ALL OF US WAS AT ONE TIME.  Hell I felt so bad in a battle where I had been tag by some low level brits that got the balls up to come out and play with us in front of KPR.  I got one stuck in irons and he just couldn't get out of it so we stop firing at him and talked him through how to get out of irons and manual sale.  He said thanks and learned more from that one fight with us than he had learned from any brit.  That should not be the case that the folks your fighting are teaching you more than the nation you belong to.  Yah we learn from fights, but the basics should of been taught by there Nation members or even clan members.  

With the NEWBIE area and ROE with the new patch I actually plan to be in that area from time to time to help them out.  Hell I'll prob be looking for baby seal clubbers to kill no matter what nation they are in.  Lets take the time with this new patch to do so and help these new players. 

• Like 1

Everyday I check to see if any new players are playing Sweden, because with a small nation with low pop it's imperative to help any new player get into the groove. they don't even need to join my clan, if they find a group they like that's awesome, it's just having them learn the ropes and feeling welcome as soon as they hit the water. Sweden is not like the US or British in the sense that it's easy to find a safe place to try stuff out or learn things, Sweden is right in the thick of opposing nations and players can get smacked into PvP really quick...so it's important to start having the conversation to make everyone feel they are welcome and have a community (even if small) that is there to help.

I often dont help most noobs because well.... they KNOW everything already and dont listen.   So I gave up a long time ago.  

I offer advice to them as they ask for it but time and time again I see them do the same stupid mistakes then rage in either help or nation chat then quit. 

I have seen loco, texas, and queen all give the exact same advice as me and the noob still ignore all 4 of us and do what we told them not to.

You talking about the guys that talk the most smack and think they know every thing.  Every nation has them.   Than you watch them totally fail in a fight and want to say, "I TOLD YOU SO."  Though you know they still won't listen.  Than you get the guys that want to learn and do.  Those are the guys you got to worry about later.  

My biggest pep pee is when you keep seeing some one take out a ship under crew and than get sunk and complain about it even though you keep telling them to stop under crewing ships and stay in your level rang and learn.

• Like 1

Hey no offense but you national players on pvp2 need to start helping your new players.

Hey fellas, no offense but this is directed at national players, which means me and my faction.  To my knowledge ( <--- re-read that), helping has always been the case in the pvp2 French faction, since I have been in this game around Feb 16 at least.  I have never seen a newbie treated with disdain or ignored or left empty-handed.  Now there are newbs who like to do it alone, but if there's a question or help needed we are always there.  Also, know this: if someone don't ask they simply can't be helped; so whoever said above that some don't take advice, they are exactly right about some newbs.  We do offer advice, resources, ships, clan joining, whatever is needed.

Now for the agreement part.  ;)   I've seen clans jump ship a few times in-bulk from other factions and come over to France for a period of time for whatever stupid reason, and then leave us.  Those players seem to be the cliques you talk about above, and I wouldn't want to join them either as a newb or even a vet, so point taken there....but also know that they aint French, they're alts - Faux-French.

I guess my view would be this: get the hostile conversations out of global and nation chats and you'll see a lot more newbs asking questions, getting involved, and feeling welcome.

Hey fellas, no offense but this is directed at national players, which means me and my faction. To my knowledge ( <--- re-read that), helping has always been the case in the pvp2 French faction, since I have been in this game around Feb 16 at least. I have never seen a newbie treated with disdain or ignored or left empty-handed. Now there are newbs who like to do it alone, but if there's a question or help needed we are always there. Also, know this: if someone don't ask they simply can't be helped; so whoever said above that some don't take advice, they are exactly right about some newbs. We do offer advice, resources, ships, clan joining, whatever is needed.

Now for the agreement part. ;) I've seen clans jump ship a few times in-bulk from other factions and come over to France for a period of time for whatever stupid reason, and then leave us. Those players seem to be the cliques you talk about above, and I wouldn't want to join them either as a newb or even a vet, so point taken there....but also know that they aint French, they're alts - Faux-French.

I guess my view would be this: get the hostile conversations out of global and nation chats and you'll see a lot more newbs asking questions, getting involved, and feeling welcome.

Keep spreading the word to your mates to help the newbs.