Game-Labs Forum

(PVP2) Britian and risks to the game

MajorScarlet

There is noticeable increase in newer players coming into the game. At this point, the main concern is losing them as continuing players which will ultimately hurt us all. There is a lot of bad blood on all sides and lines are being drawn, positions staked out. None of this really helps us achieve the goal of a good fight and glory to be talked about over beers later.

The suggestions are these:

1. Can we set aside southern Jamaica and the southern Cays so the newer players can team up and learn, craft, and enjoy the game. This benefits us all.

2. Organize some PVP meets in OW .. say 6 frigates each or BR level. The groups show up we fight , people can come in and watch.. pixels get blown to bits. we all have some fun. 

What happened in the past is just that. 

This in the end benefits all.

I am willing to sail, fight, and sink if that's the way it goes. I know others want the same.

Looking for good fights, great escapes, and the opportunity to learn something new after I'm sunk.

MajorScarlet

• Like 2

Britian has the safest starting zone there is. They dont even have a freeport near them.

Kinda going to change with the new map.

To be honest if you speak with certain folks I'm sure an arrangement can be made, but the problem is you need to get the majority of the rest of your nation on par with the agreement.

The solution you are looking for (at least until the next patch), is that the playerbase needs to embrace pvp and respond to every challenge to your turf on principle, not because they personally have something to gain from it. The US went through the same thing around CTOWN and it got a lot of players who avoided pvp involved. There seems to be on ok-ish turnout when there's action in Jamaica, but beyond that, its always the same half dozen or so players for the most part... if that. Use this as an opportunity to practice forming up with numbers and working together, then take the fight elsewhere before it'll come to you.

ps - ignore the trolls in your nation chat. Again, US had that problem - a bunch of young unknown nobodys all of a sudden very vocal about their witch-hunt against anyone attempting to organize resistance. Odd that they came out of nowhere as soon as we started fighting the pirates, then vanished as soon as that quieted down. Makes you wonder with all those BLACK payers with 8 alts (as they publicly claim they have) are put to use doing?

• Like 5

New players are already looked after. The basic cutter is free, the crew are free. What more do you need? They can mission and pvp for no risk and no expense. Then when they spend their hard erred cash on anew toy like a snow, it has 5 dura allowing for some mishaps while leaning the ropes.

When I was new it was the most exciting thing of the day to get in a fight with real people.

Edited by Fletch67
  • Like 1

There is noticeable increase in newer players coming into the game. At this point, the main concern is losing them as continuing players which will ultimately hurt us all. There is a lot of bad blood on all sides and lines are being drawn, positions staked out. None of this really helps us achieve the goal of a good fight and glory to be talked about over beers later.

The suggestions are these:

1. Can we set aside southern Jamaica and the southern Cays so the newer players can team up and learn, craft, and enjoy the game. This benefits us all.

2. Organize some PVP meets in OW .. say 6 frigates each or BR level. The groups show up we fight , people can come in and watch.. pixels get blown to bits. we all have some fun.

What happened in the past is just that.

This in the end benefits all.

I am willing to sail, fight, and sink if that's the way it goes. I know others want the same.

Looking for good fights, great escapes, and the opportunity to learn something new after I'm sunk.

MajorScarlet

We used to do organized pvp with some US players and we had prizes too. No one ever got ganked or butthurt. If anyone wanted to spectate they would come in a basic cutter to watch. Plus the battles were great fun and learning experience. We used to talk to each other and everyone would bring same class ships.

Black clan supports this idea. We have always been after a solution. Maybe the tactics we employ were harsh for a solution but hey it's got people talking and making suggestions.

As far the organized actions go let's see what we can do. The request to back off and give the British some space to recover.. thanks but never mind. It appears i am now under suspicion of working with the pirates.. such meta game BS. 

Bring your fleets, we will rally out to fight. Some may not, others will..

Good action of Morant tonight with our 4th and 5th rates against those 1sts, that's why we play.

As far the organized actions go let's see what we can do. The request to back off and give the British some space to recover.. thanks but never mind. It appears i am now under suspicion of working with the pirates.. such meta game BS.

Bring your fleets, we will rally out to fight. Some may not, others will..

Good action of Morant tonight with our 4th and 5th rates against those 1sts, that's why we play.

Your under suspicion now lol. That's exactly what happened to rebelwitch who tried to make a compromise. That's a shame they are treating you like that. Guess they don't want a end to the war. Funny how everyone blames the pirates and me when we are talking about a resolve.

• Like 3

Your under suspicion now lol. That's exactly what happened to rebelwitch who tried to make a compromise. That's a shame they are treating you like that. Guess they don't want a end to the war. Funny how everyone blames the pirates and me when we are talking about a resolve.

Its what will happen any time someone has meglomania and thinks they are a real dictator.

Im expecting a complete meltdown soon.

• Like 2

Jump to immediate negative... Well here is what happened if anyone had bother to ask.

I was across the map when the flag was pulled.. I thought serrena.. where is that again.. pulled Burning Sail and thought damn thats to close. Called out in nation, hopped on Red TS and said lets get moving to defend the shallow port. Then teleported to Pedro and grabbed a brig while the clan was trying to sort out and get rolling. Told them i would sail immediately to get there and we have a 45 min window. The sail from Pedro was longer than i had hoped due to the wind moving more to sw which is the basic course from Pedro Cay. In TS i told the clan i was worried it may fall before we could get on station.

Right as I made the eastern shallows it fell, so I said on TS i would continue on 5 mins more to see if i could spot them leaving since i was worried they might move on Pedro next if it was a larger group. 

Once i made it to the port , which had fallen while i was sailing to defend it, there was no one in sight. Told the Red TS to break off but check the Pedro timer to see if we were vulnerable. At which point i spotted you in the cutter and sent a PM that we had gotten there to late.

I can only assume you said something in CKA TS and then the toxic BS started.

I made an effort to get there from my closest base, and rallied the clan.. you guys start to accuse me of spying.. 

Please get out of this toxic cycle and lets play the game.

Edited by MajorScarlet

If you do anything they deem suspicious or disagreeable to them they will attack you en mass in chat and in private like a bunch of teen aged school girls. This all happened after  warwick completely out of the blue called me out saying I was collaborating with Rebel to start a secret GB pirate clan. I was minding my own business crafting , had'nt said a word in hours. What they do is get the new guys on TS , trash talk anyone they dislike and give free ships and money like candy to trick or treaters. I've never in 25 years of online gaming seen such a disgraceful , embarrassing and pathetic juvenile display by a bunch of 40+ year olds.

ChZdVh.jpg
3rVJ9F.jpg
jN5AhT.jpg
BzJjps.jpg

CKA and friends , just like Home Depot. So many tools under one roof.

Edited by Blkmgc

Did you mis the part where I was minding my own business? Or are you trying to sell more mis information? You guys are good at that at least. You and our US allies  dont really do anything for our side , but you do do BS very well.

Edited by Blkmgc

If you do anything they deem suspicious or disagreeable to them they will attack you en mass in chat and in private like a bunch of teen aged school girls. This all happened after warwick completely out of the blue called me out saying I was collaborating with Rebel to start a secret GB pirate clan. I was minding my own business crafting , had'nt said a word in hours. What they do is get the new guys on TS , trash talk anyone they dislike and give free ships and money like candy to trick or treaters. I've never in 25 years of online gaming seen such a disgraceful , embarrassing and pathetic juvenile display by a bunch of 40+ year olds.

ChZdVh.jpg

3rVJ9F.jpg

jN5AhT.jpg

BzJjps.jpg

CKA and friends , just like Home Depot. So many tools under one roof.

Funny things about the voice text of these so called leadership or smart people is,with the exeption of fighting Blkmgc a nember of times i never recognize any of these other guys .

Same goes for the US "leaders". I guess they are all a bunch of port hugging pve kids who shoot t sails in empty port battles.

Blkmgc inat least know you can back up the talk with action ( good or bad) but with leaders who dont know strategy im surised youre ding as well as u are.

Funny things about the voice text of these so called leadership or smart people is,with the exeption of fighting Blkmgc a nember of times i never recognize any of these other guys .

Same goes for the US "leaders". I guess they are all a bunch of port hugging pve kids who shoot t sails in empty port battles.

Blkmgc inat least know you can back up the talk with action ( good or bad) but with leaders who dont know strategy im surised youre ding as well as u are.

Man, I guess we have swapped some cannon balls eh? Back before it got all politic on a stick. Hehe. Good times man. S!

Edited by Blkmgc

Yeah they asked me if I saw anyone there. I said I saw you and some other guy in a basic cutter who looked suspicious. As the guy in the basic cutter was some 5-10min ahead of you and a M&C who I had never seen or heard of.

All this should change soon enough.

Talk about stirring the pot. Hodo you said they looked suspicious. You just keep throwing wood on the fire. You don't make the situation better you make it worse. Did it ever occur to you he didn't make it in time. Instead you jump on the bandwagon labeling anyone a spy who isn't CKA or who wants a truce.

God forbid someone uses a basic cutter to move around, without being labeled a spy. Maybe the guy in the cutter was heading back from somewhere and decided to see what numbers the port battle had. So many possibilities, but no detective Hodo said they are spies so abuse them stat.

Edited by Loco Bandito

Nope just saying that this thread had pretty much reached its conclusion and you come in to stir the pot.  

Yeah i know , you never stir the pot right?

15 mins ago...

bD8fpl.jpg

RQrD0i.jpg

Here again, minding my own business, you can see the chat. You guys are whats wrong with GB not only in your politics on a stick , but in morale as well. Just a heads up, I received about 10 PM's from many other players/ clans at that moment telling me what tools you guys are. Might want to change heading and course bub.

• Like 1

15 mins ago...

bD8fpl.jpg

RQrD0i.jpg

Here again, minding my own business, you can see the chat. You guys are whats wrong with GB not only in your politics on a stick , but in morale as well. Just a heads up, I received about 10 PM's from many other players/ clans at that moment telling me what tools you guys are. Might want to change heading and course bub.

Dam Hodo your relentless.

15 mins ago...

bD8fpl.jpg

RQrD0i.jpg

Pure classless but from fightbthe US and Red devils since day 1 of ow practically it doesnt suprise me. Dont get me wrong there are some fine guys on both factions who ive fought with alot and are not bad but most show this same resilience to agitate and call names. Then as soon as you stoop to thier level they get all indignant.

I hope CKA gets its way and ends up at war with multiple enemy. The way they fight there wont be a red dot left on the map.

LOL you think that is relentless, I am restraining myself from my usual hard nature.   You should have seen me in WWIIOnline, and Mortal Online.  Where I earned the title "Persona Non Grata" (unwanted person) and I wore it with pride!

Here I am nice.  You wont like the other version of me.

Shameful what was done to blkmgc. 

Hodo, i dont think anyone was giving you props for being ruthless or relentless in this situation. you typing about how you "restrain" yourself does not help your credibility either. Especially when you say you wear with pride being known as an "unwanted person" to certain gaming communities. You sound like a very dishonest and hypocritical person.

Blkmgc and myself as well as black diplomats were falsely accused of things we didnt do by cordova, and still no proof. The only reason cordova and cka gets away with this kind of questionable behavior is they are the top dogs in britain. yet few in cka are holding them accountable for their disastrous war against BLACK. 

I am most certainly better off without CKA now that i know the level of their dishonesty and cult following of cordova. They can have each other, because while they were fun to play with while i thought everything was cool, now that i know they were so nasty about me behind my back before being kicked, ugh no thank you.

Oh I wear my titles with pride. But don't get it skewed and think that I am dishonest. If anything I am brutally honest, I am a realist, and I am tactless, I will not pull punches because of your feelings. If you are a punk I will call you a punk

LMFAO at first i thought it said you wear your tities with pride. I laughed good at that one. Then a reread it and was all :(

Im considered a jerk and an ass too because i tell it like it is regardless of thier feelings......but the tities thing was funny AF.

• Like 1

Hodo, 

Still no evidence that i was a spy or plotting againt cka before my ouster, they framed me up pretty good and dont tell me cordova is innocent, the guy is a coward for not even talking to me before hand about this. He just didnt want to lose his support in cka so he threw his friend under the bus. he called me a traitor to me in teamspeak before i took the break. You think you know everything but you dont. 

I know i made enemies because of my support for peace and agreement with BLACK and war vs USA but despite taking a break to let things cool off, i was 100% behind cordova and britain. Oh i made enemies for my vocally disapproving of the british dutch alliance too. 

The insults against me are a great reminder that this ouster was likely a good one because if there is that level of dishonesty and mean girl type back stabbing going on while nobody ever approached me with concerns, i say both parties are better off. However I'm innocent of the allegations, the other party is guilty of some pretty shady backstabbing to me and others. 

I would go pirate if i wasnt loyal to Britain and its players. 

Edited by Rebel Witch

I have had enough players support me openly and privately to me that i am not concerned about insults like this but shame on you and those you speak for such mean spirited accusations. I tried to be funny and respectful to everyone in comms and if people felt this way, none of them had the decency to speak to me about it before hand. I call your words exactly what you are so proud of, tactless and trolling.

As I understand it, Rebel Witch was kicked for making unilateral moves without the approval of his/her clan or nation even.  Making unilateral decisions and negotiations on behalf of people without their approval may not be spying but it is definitely contrary to the whole idea of working within a social structure like a clan.  In short, you were a solo player with clan tags.  Secondly, your hatred for some players (originally GB but now Dutch), has colored any rational thinking or judgement you think you may have.  Thirdly, Danish players admitted to receiving negotiated deals and information from either you or Cordova....one of you stinks and as you seem to be the only one wanting to make peace with the Danes and negotiating private deals, one might conclude that it was you spilling the beans.  I hear the same kinda thing happened with important information about a possible US/GB deal getting into the Pirate's hands but this is only an assumption on my part.

Lastly, I found you to be arrogant on and off of TS and obviously so did some of the others.  You seem to have some sort of super inflated ego issues and  you obviously think quite highly of your negotiation skills as well as your ability to lead in battles(which was laughable).  I recommend that you take a break from the game and consider why you are currently in the situation that you are in and quit blaming others.  Continued angst and drama on Global and the forums is just going to make  you a bigger pariah than you already are.

• Like 1