Game-Labs Forum

Port Battles and Historical Accuracy

Port Battles: I know the devs are working on a new port system, we will see if it is better.  However, the current game mechanics could've been easily fixed by allow only 1 flag to be pulled at time.

Since this is still Alpha, things can change.

Port Battles: Current System

• Multiple Flags can be bought (No Limit).
  • Capture a Port (48 hr cool down until available).
  • Defense (Must defend the same ports every night even if you defended and won).
  • Towers are too easy to take.

Port Battle: Suggestion (if new system fails)

• Only 1 Flag can be pulled by a nation at a time. (Once the port is captured or defended another flag can be pulled)
    • This will eliminate false flag buying and in most cases empty port battles and at the same time create big Port Battles. (I've been in a few and they are so much fun 25 v 25 an not 12 v 0)
  • Capture or Defense of a Port has the same 48 hr cool down before the flag can be available for that port.
    • The Defense of a Port should reward the defenders with the 48 hr cool down, same as capturing one does.

I understand that new system is coming.  I hope it creates more PvP, we shall see. (PvP2 player)

Ship Durability (Historical Accuracy)

• Make every ship 1 durability, I don't believe the Constitution could sink 4 times before the US would lose "Old Ironside", then we would really see who are PvPers  and who are not.  Too many times I've seen nations rollout 2nd Rates or less to Regionals because of the durability issue.
    • This generates more business for trade and crafting players to help supply their nation and contribute to the game.
  • Make all upgrades in the game available to craft.  This will ease the minds of losing upgrades on their ships.

I may have been repeating some of the same things discussed over and over, hopefully not.

• Like 1

No no, it is not yet time for the story of 1000 Flags! :D

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/15067-no-tribunal-cheatersexploiters-players/?p=279448

Option to lock PB conquest if double flag purchases get out of control is the fastest and easiest, but we believe that nations can agree to not use it..

We MUST hang on until the Region Conquest gets in!

Do not spill Ink!

Edited by Skully
  • Like 1

The one flag at a time isn't good for larger servers or even nations fighting each other.   Though I do agree there should be a cool down after a port been attacked before it can be hit again.    What I really would like to know how the new port battle stuff is going to effect pirates.  Devs seem to be keeping any pirate changes on the hush hush.  They also keep taking more and more things from Pirates and not giving any feed back.

If This game should grow it's playerbase it is vital that there will be easier access to the action part. Too many hours is wasted by waiting for that. I've seen players waiting for hours just to have pvp as ships should come out of a previous battle. 

Short battletimers is hostile to pvp as is a pb system which favour the nerds with TS and too much sparetime.  2 min. Timer does favour ganking as you have no defense whatsoever. Please make them longer. I'm tired of loosing ships outside my capitol.

Edited by fox2run
  • Like 1