Game-Labs Forum

Gallant Galleys/Galleases (and Xebecs)

Galleys/Galleases/Xebecs  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Galleys?

2. 2. Galleases?

3. 3. Xebecs

I have some nice plans for a few Galleys and Galleass, I also have a few Galleots and half galleys should you want them too, I posted a Polacca somewhere too, let me know if you want me to drop them somewhere, I already posted La Gabriella (the first "modern" ship designed entirely with scientific principles in mind :)

There are a lot of curriculums out there that say a lot of things about how Americans did this, and Americans did that, almost solely on their own. [...] It's very easy to believe in something, or make a younger generation believe in something, when the version of history is one-sided.

Reminds me of a history teacher that said "i can't teach history, it changes all the time"

Fun game: compare different history school books from different countries over time to see what is taught to our kids.

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

When it get's rough the game will need to make sure these ships suffer and have a good chance of sinking.

Plus their range and manpower vs firepower ... i.e. less guns and more men required will make them both shorter range vessels as well as costly to run and prevent them from sailing anywhere but close to glassy waters... I don't know much about galease and galleys but what I do know is that they were used in lake like inland seas or seas that were not really open ocean areas.

b5df0-ferdinand_victor_perrot_-_the_batt