Game-Labs Forum

Thinking of getting the game , have a questions

Hello all

Look at getting this game.

Are there plans to allow Avatar Captains or a graphic interface when entering the post to trade, From all the video I seen it look to be all menu driven

I speaking something like Port Royal series or RPG like Sid Meier's Pirates or Pirates of the Burn Sea.

Edited by jsolo

Hello there, I haven't found similar topic via search, so I guess it's ok to ask it here.

I am planning on buying this game a little bit later, as I am saving up for completely new PC. So a little bit of insight would be good :)

Does someone play NA on Intel i3 6100 3.7 ghz OR i5 6400/6500 with graphic card something like gtx 950/960? And also considering AMD RX 470, which is a bit more expensive but surely much better. As for the RAM - 8/16gb of 2133 mhz each, of course.

I just wonder whether simple but strong 2 cores of i3 6100 can handle Naval Action. I've seen plenty of tests to be sure that it can handle different games surprisingly well.

Cheers,

Angi

Edited by Angi

the question is:

does it harm you to buy an i5?

cause it will handle the game better than the i3. For certain.

And if you plan on using that computer for the future Id always recommend spending the extra money on your CPU.

It pay itself off in the long run.

GTX 960 is perfectly fine for NA.

AMDs 470 as well. Here you should check whats better bang for buck :)

• Like 1

The game is in early stages so lots left to add/tweak, But what we have so far is good, the Combat is what really makes this game fun, commanding a large vessels in a large fleet battle is awesome. But one thing i will tell you. This game requires the patience of a saint, as traveling takes a while, battles can last for an hour even longer...

• Like 1

The game is in early stages so lots left to add/tweak, But what we have so far is good, the Combat is what really makes this game fun, commanding a large vessels in a large fleet battle is awesome. But one thing i will tell you. This game requires the patience of a saint, as traveling takes a while, battles can last for an hour even longer...

Thats a feature, not a bug...   ;)

UI work will start in Fall. 

Also, anyone who wants to upgrade their systems, wait until AMD Zen comes out this Fall and combine it with RX 480. and you will be good to go on budget. 

Actually, AMD have said recently availability of ZEN CPUs should be extected q1 2017(This is CPU which means the 8 core and above which depending on performance wont be cheap) with APU(so 4 core and a gpu) will come in q2 2017(these will be the cheaper ones probably, again depending on their performance)

Thank you for your advice, captains. :)

Alright, anyway I was thinking of waiting a bit to buy a new system, until at least december/january. Currently I am on the laptop with AMD A10-5757m (2.5-3.5 GHZ) and graphic card amd 8750m 2gb(which can work in dual mode with integrated one) and 6gb ram - it's a weak system + I am 99% sure that AMD Dual Graphics feature is not supported in this game, which makes 8750m even more of an outsider. I don't know really, could it give me 20fps on med settings (?).. I don't consider playing on low because I believe this game deserves to be played only on good settings, to see how satisfying for the eye the sea combat can be.

I was especially curious about this i3 6100 cpu - from what I've heard and saw on tests, it's excellent price/performance cpu. It gives very good performance compared to i5 6400 in most of games, not taking into considerations very cpu-demanding ones. It's  much better than 8 core AMD fx8300-8350, which are old but still sold on the market for the bigger prices (though they are better for videos/rendering and not-gaming stuff, but that's different story). And graphic cards - it seems that AMD RX 470/480 is the best choice for the price range I am focused at, especially in the winter 2017, when they become cheaper.

update. if you are interested, guys, check this video comparison new 2cores Skylake generation i3 6100 vs previous generation 4cores Haswell i5 4460 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyGjsGQ-RHU

and here is even better example of i3 6100 vs new i5 6500 (performance is almost the same on both, in games, of course; for editing and other tasks 4cores i5 is much much better choice) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJuadijvTSU

Angi

Edited by Angi