Game-Labs Forum

i sold 854 compass wood and only got 854 gold when it told me it was going to give me 1281000

sinsDzavv

i sent a bug report in game but after reading this it did not send to you guys and to log in to see if any one  had this problem before me i after doing the bug report in game i logged out and now i cant find in the naval action file folder where it would be save to attach every thing to this but the title says it all i had 854 compass wood and took it to sell it for 1500  each  and when i put it up and the screen where the slider bar was it told me it was going to give me 1281000 and when  i hit the sell butten i told me you told 854 compass wood for 854 gold  all you can do is hit ok  on that  i did not agree to that i agreed to sell that for the 1281000 but only got 854  that was all the money i had in the game to buy all that if the game caps out of what you can sell something for it should say what it is going to give me  before i hit the sell butten to confirm the sale 

i dont have pics for this put it was about 8:40 or so est on the us pvp server to sinsDzavv port  road rock you  should be able to see in the logs on your sever for that where that  

did that this is a big game braking bug when it is going to be a mmo 

any way to fix this the game should tell you the port changed price  do you still want to sell items and show what the new sale price would be if you sold it i give this bug report and info to try to help this not happen again to other players this made me mad that i am not going to play this for a long time i know it is alpha so i will try this game again later but it will be much longer than just play for a time than give it time for a few patches and try the game again to give it a try it will be months to a year before i play this game again with that big of a problem and part of the main game play of this game i know you guys are focusing this game more for ship combat right now but there is going to be alot more to the game than just that i have not played the game for the combat it take to long to kill other ships with the ship i have but i like to travle and trade from port to port  

I have noticed some kind of "disturbed" mechanics in Compass Wood trade also. A consumer port with very high consumig rate(1400 Units per day) is almost empty, has only 400-500 units at warehouse, but this port BUYING Compass Wood only for 1 Gold??? :huh:

So players put contracts there, and nothing really happens as far i can see.(For now).So, either some weird thing happens there, or am i as a new player, just unable to recognise what is going on?

A picture...hs3ddk3g.jpg

If there is some kind of "fix" needed, i would appreciate it.Otherwise i apologise for the "noise".

Thanks.

I have noticed some kind of "disturbed" mechanics in Compass Wood trade also. A consumer port with very high consumig rate(1400 Units per day) is almost empty, has only 400-500 units at warehouse, but this port BUYING Compass Wood only for 1 Gold??? :huh:

So players put contracts there, and nothing really happens as far i can see.(For now).So, either some weird thing happens there, or am i as a new player, just unable to recognise what is going on?

A picture...hs3ddk3g.jpg

If there is some kind of "fix" needed, i would appreciate it.Otherwise i apologise for the "noise".

Thanks.

This town has been sold all the compass wood it can produce. The reason why it says you can buy 402 compass wood for 1499 is not because the town is selling at that price and has 402 in stock, but somebody has put up a sell contract which has 402 compass wood left in it. That the town buys for 1 gold indicates that it's consumption has filled up.

This town has been sold all the compass wood it can produce. The reason why it says you can buy 402 compass wood for 1499 is not because the town is selling at that price and has 402 in stock, but somebody has put up a sell contract which has 402 compass wood left in it. That the town buys for 1 gold indicates that it's consumption has filled up.

This town does not SELL, it BUYS Compass Wood, as you can see it on the screenshot.Players put contracts there, because, NOTHING HAPPENING, because they hope they get rid of their stocks, because the town is empty.This port stock(402) is players CONTRACT in the port.He wants to SELL, but port does not BUY, only for 1Gold per Unit.

This screenshot was made today, and yesterday in the evening it looked the same. LOL?

Edited by Fenris

Captain, click on button to expand the list, in this case a player contract (selling 402 pieces of cw for 1499) has been shown on top, the port storage already exceeded 25k limit which you can check in the list

SinsDzavv:

At this stage in development, I would recommend you sell your product in stages, i.e. first buy up the contract for the exact amount, then refresh and see what contract is up next or if it's a port sale and how many they have.  There may be 1 or 2 more contracts even behind the first one you just fulfilled.  You also have to pay attention to the 25,000 limit if it is right after the buy contract you just fulfilled.

I have sold thousands upon thousands of many goods in so many locations, and the only glitch I have ever seen by the port calculations (and I am pretty sure even this is now fixed in the game) is that it used to miscalculate the sale price if you sold over 1250 units of something.  So I never sold more than 1250 of anything at a time, and I still do it that way out of habit, even though I think it's fixed.  But I recommend you also use your calculator whenever you do a transaction to confirm beforehand anyway.  In your case you stated above, I think you likely got a false sale report in the dialogue box by the port, and I agree that should be fixed in the game, but ultimately I'm guessing like others above it likely happened because you didn't sell in stages and buy up the contracts first to see what was coming up next.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEVS:

You should be able to fix this confusing transaction behavior in the sale window and break it out for the player who wants to sell their product in bulk like that.  In your confirmation window, for example, if we were to sell that 854 compass wood and there was that one contract there by a player for 402 at 1499 a unit, and there was already 25,000 stocked by the port, then why don't you write something like this for the player before he has to agree to sale:

- Sell 402 Compass Wood for 1499 each, totaling 602,598

- Sell 452 Compass Wood for 1, totaling 1

- Total sale 854 for 602,599

- CANCEL or OK

....Or if the port is not 25,000 full then the above example should read:

- Sell 402 Compass Wood for 1499 each, totaling 602,598

- Sell 452 Compass Wood for 1500 each, totaling 678,000

- Total sale 854 for 1,280,598

- CANCEL or OK

I recommend you make this change to fix the confusion.

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 1

To clarify - If a player wants to sell cw to a port, he has to check "Sell" column, if there is the 1 gold price for a piece then noone else buying in the port except the port itself (with overexeeced ammount of cw already), use refresh button before you start to trade

Well..finally i have realised that a port buys from contractor as well, starting of course with those who offer lower prices. Took some time to understand this.Could have ask in the game too.

I apologise for the  fuzz :(:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Well..finally i have realised that a port buys from contractor as well, starting of course with those who offer lower prices. Took some time to understand this.Could have ask in the game too.

I apologise for the  fuzz :(:rolleyes:

Untrue, a port does not buy from a contractor.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/15169-sell-contract-does-not-interact-with-port/

Well it worked for me, do not ask how..

What you might be seeing is a player executing the buy and subsequently executing the sell. Try it out in a port with little traffic.