Game-Labs Forum

The Lynx - America's Privateer

James Cornelius

Yesterday evening I took my Grady White power boat out for a sunset cruise and lo and behold, what is anchored in the harbor but the Lynx!

I was able to get pretty close and complimented the sailors aboard her on her condition: absolutely beautiful. I didn't get any pictures at the time but will try to when I go back out today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynx_%28tall_ship%29

• Like 6

Even better go back and see if you can book a sail on her! I sailed on Lnyx  in Baltimore for an event and they put up every scrap of canvas including the fisherman sail! very fast and handy ship. Very fun sail. Got to fire the 6 lb carronade as well.

• Like 4

Even better go back and see if you can book a sail on her! I sailed on Lnyx  in Baltimore for an event and they put up every scrap of canvas including the fisherman sail! very fast and handy ship. Very fun sail. Got to fire the 6 lb carronade as well.

Green with envy.

Hulk

• 3 weeks later...

I had the good luck of touring on and taking a sailing tour on her some years ago when she came through Tampa Bay.   It was a very good experience.

I am digging through my hard drives to see if I can find some photos that I took of her.  

• Like 1