Game-Labs Forum

Trader missions

May have been suggested before, but i'm too lazy to search it.

Can we have trader missions? Can be as simple as deliver X product to the port you take the mission from. Should be something that the port doesn't produce, ideally, and not a crafting required item so... think danish beer, swedish iron etc.

Gives you alright xp, decent cash. Enough to make it worthwhile but not too too easy, like compass wood was. Gives people the option to do trading runs rather than PvE grinding for money and XP. Make the amount of goods to be delivered scale with rank.

Would get more people sailing traders as well.

• Like 6

Planning to remove AI economy, towns may run out of goods without anyone knowing, having simple missions as "this place needs this!" would be very nice. Extending them to smuggling black market with higher risk yet higher rewards.

• Like 1

It's hard to find trader opportunities, but they are there. It's all about supply and demand.

Plus it is having connections. I can sell you a Mid Grade Note for 60K, it's worth ~100K in Willemstad. So there is your mission. :D

, it's worth ~100K in Willemstad

whaaaaaaaaaa.... wow

But yeah I am with Skully on this one. Maybe Trader's Guild can work this sort of thing themselves apart, because from what I see Trade is used as the Crafter wench. And it shouldn't be so.