Game-Labs Forum

>>>Ultimate General: Gettysburg Feedback <<< Patch 0.86 14/8/2014

Nick Thomadis

If I have not said it clearly enough previously - close quarters combat needs a radical redo. Firing and reloading NEEDS to continue as that close range firefight was most often the deciding factor at close quarters. AT the very least, units need to be able to decide whether they're going to hold formation and keep firing and defending in ranks during the assault, or break ranks and go willy-nilly against the enemy like the current default behaviour. 

Also, the condition loss in melee needs to be taken a look at - units are completely wasted often simply by the act of enemies routing through them an forcing melee (really, at that point, the enemy brigade should just surrender - would also help with the commando units ahistorically operating behind the lines. The condition loss should be determined by the severity and size of the enemy force in the engagement. I've seen brigades wasted in condition simply by meleeing a single battery that wouldn't break (what's up with that, too?)

• Like 4

Agreed more groups would be great.  Also a way to automatically select units by division.

I'm not sure how you'd have the UI for that though, Divisional commanders on the board would work, but I think that would make things too busy.

Maybe an order of battle that you could show / hide?  The OOB would go down to Divisional level and clicking on any level would select all the units in that division.

• 2 weeks later...