Game-Labs Forum

Penalty for faction change

With loyalty becoming a very scarce commodity these days, there need to be some penalty for changing factions, I suggest a 50% decrease in xp and crafting every time you switch. That would stop children throwing teddy bears out of the pram and switching sides after some imagined slight to their honor.

• Like 6

Personally i think we should go back to the old system.  You have to delete your character and restart as a midshipmen if you want to change nation.

Also, pirates shouldnt be a nation.

• Like 7

Personally i think we should go back to the old system. You have to delete your character and restart as a midshipmen if you want to change nation.

Also, pirates shouldnt be a nation.

Yes i would agree, some are not affraid of the grind though and will just decide to trade their ships to the nation they are joining, maybe something will need to be done to stop this also, i made a suggestion about a clan dockyard and that ships would be locked to the clan if not the nation then by having the same system as the captures are just prizes so they can cheat the system and trade or sell with other factions to get their ships back, strong deterant i would think but most probably wont like that. Edited by Ronald Speirs

In so far as I am aware you do need to delete to swap factions. The penalties for doing so other than swapping to pirate are pretty bad especially for crafters. Total BP loss plus all your factories and resources. 

Also people swap for reasons other than that their side is going badly, my friends and I are contemplating swapping simply due to language difficulties, if those could be overcome would prefer to stay where I was.

You simply shouldn't be able to turn pirate, keep all your assets and just continue playing on a whim.

If pirates are a nation like they are now, it has to be a choice only possible at character generation.

This one way street to reinforce a nation with fully armed and ready max rank players is unhealthy.

• Like 4

In so far as I am aware you do need to delete to swap factions. The penalties for doing so other than swapping to pirate are pretty bad especially for crafters. Total BP loss plus all your factories and resources. 

Also people swap for reasons other than that their side is going badly, my friends and I are contemplating swapping simply due to language difficulties, if those could be overcome would prefer to stay where I was.

I found that when i played for french on POTBS, wasnt much choice of nation but to balance the server it was the only nation available, many russians and french players and only a few that would speak english so was a tricky business :P

• Like 1

How about no penalty for faction change.

Give everybody the same advantage that the pirates have.

Limit a player's change to once per month ( or whatever makes sense ).

Right now if a player (or clan) is dissatisfied with his current faction it is a one way street all the way to Mortimer Town.

• Like 2