Game-Labs Forum

Port timer bug?

oldcrankyman

We attacked and captured Biloxi this morning.  When I entered the port to reset the timer, I was unable to do so.  I restarted the game and made another attempt and am still unable to change the timer.  

Is this the intent of the new rule, or is it a bug?

Can only Setup the timer after the next maintenance. IIRC will be solved next wednesday hotfixes (?)

thank you 

yes - after patch it will work the following way

During contested status - you will be able to change the timer as many times as you want.

But after port changes ownership during maintenance - you wont be able to change timers

Can only Setup the timer after the next maintenance. 

Not true.

The danes attacked Charlestown yesterday and have a working timer now, same with the ports the french captured yesterday.

We took 10 ports and not a single timer is working for us. Every single port we took yesterday had a working timer when we capped it and we set a timer on each port after capture.

Why is there no hotfix for this and why is it working for some other players but not for us? This is gamebreaking...

• Like 1

Not true.

The danes attacked Charlestown yesterday and have a working timer now, same with the ports the french captured yesterday.

We took 10 ports and not a single timer is working for us. Every single port we took yesterday had a working timer when we capped it and we set a timer on each port after capture.

Why is there no hotfix for this and why is it working for some other players but not for us? This is gamebreaking...

Captains, please wait till upcoming hotfix

Game breaking... your not playing a game your helping to build one my friend.

This argument is getting old, we are not paid testers. We paid to have early access to this game. and we do provide a lot of feedback by simply playing the game. And also by giving feedback on this forum or filing bug reports via F11.

We all do this in our freetime (and so do you). 

I do play a game which is in ongoing development, and if there is a gamebreaking bug, it is not too much to ask or a hotfix.

If players (you may call them tester) stop enjoying the game and play less or even stop, it will hurt the development process. 

To be honest I was a little upset when noticing this bugged situation and have calmed down now. If players like a game they may get emotionally (which is not a bad thing per se) and I´m not excluding myself from this.

But I still call this gamebreaking. ;)

PS: It seems like it works like this, if you capture a port that has no port timer window set, the new timer set by the capturers will be accepted and be active after downtime, if the captured port had a port timer window, the new timer will not be accepted and you will have a N/A port timer window after the next downtime, then you can set a new timer, which will be active after the next downtime.

Short:

-capped port had no timer = new owners timer will be active after DT

-capped port had a timer = the port won´t have a timer for 24hours (from DT to DT) 

Edited by Bommel
  • Like 1