Game-Labs Forum

Lost my Victory after having captured a "Gros Ventre"

Rakk

Hello,

1 / i started a fight against bot/gros ventre

2 / Battle begins : i am with 4 french bots on my side against my target (GV) + another bot

3 / i captured the GV and, as usual , i press X to capture it.

4 / All went good as usual, i did this action many times..

5 / i press ESC and i haven t the option "leave battle"..because others bots fought each others

6 / I wait 1.30 min and bots still fought but far away from me now...but their fight wasn t finished.

7 / "Leave Battle" turns "on" so i left..

8 / On the log screen, where we can chose to "take command" or " send to outpost" the GV, there is a blue square instead of my Victory  !!!

9 / Impossible to do something !! the only way : press "OK"

10/ i arrived in open sea onbard the Gros Ventre , i sent a report immediatly.

Action was at 17h30 (french time and not server time) ( average front of "Terre de Bas" ) Server 1 - 16 May

i need a solution.

Best regards,

Hello

To keep both ships or several ships you have captured in battle the battle itself needs to be completely over, so when it says "Battle Over" its all green to leave and keep all the ships you now own.

You left before the battle were over and thus only kept the captured ship, which is by design.

All enemies must be defeated ( sunk, captured or escaped ) for all prizes and own ship to be available.

Leaving sooner results in what you experienced. Many of us learned it the same way you did.

edit: tomms beat me to it

• Like 1

I never press X. I get what I get after battle is over unless I want to sail it. (Traders only). If you kill it(boarded) system should count it as yours in the end. 

Main question is how can we fix this problem and prevent it from happening again when new players join the game?

I never press X. I get what I get after battle is over unless I want to sail it. (Traders only). If you kill it(boarded) system should count it as yours in the end. 

Main question is how can we fix this problem and prevent it from happening again when new players join the game?

Prize crew and transfer control to AI could be one.

But still the "rulebook" states that all enemies must be defeated. *shrugs*

• Like 1

Thanks for these answers,

I play this game since 3 month and i didn t know this rule, ( same for friends of me )

It's so bad that there is no warnig message.

Salute. While there could be a warning message, I do not disagree with you there, the situation you've been through and the consequence has been a much better "teacher" than any pop-up would be and with true lasting effect - you will never forget that rule.

Share the knowledge.

Prize crew and transfer control to AI could be one.

But still the "rulebook" states that all enemies must be defeated. *shrugs*

rulebook AND logic , when you quit a unfinished battle you are in effect escaping from it , that must include renouncing your prizes....otherwise can lead to very strange situations on fleet battles ...(ie:  board one enemy and run away from slower ones, quit battle and  voila! captured demasted enemy ship comes with you) 

• Like 1