Game-Labs Forum

What will PVP be like?

Looks interresting, even though controlling with the sails and all might have a steep learning curve.

For all the smoke & scrapnelll that appears when cannonballs hit, the shipmodels does not seem to show any physical damage besides the "health bars"???

Actually devs just recently added damage decals.

And the newest build improved the whole damage/sinking mechanics again.

They track where the shot fell and tell you how many holes your hull took.

By tracking they can see when the hole is under or over the waterline. So we better be careful where we heel our ships now.

Shotholes can be plugged by the crew. But we have to manage that by giving them the order to actually work on it.

btw: there is a "edit" button in wich you can add all your additional questions to one post rather than posting 4 posts with only one sentence each.

It helps to keep the forum clean.

You can merge all your posts in one and delete the remainings.

For ships we will have:

(armed Yacht)/ sloop/ shooner/ brig/ Surprise/ Frigate/ Constitution/ Bellona/ Victory

looks like someone was trying to fill the post quota or something ;)

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo, that would be bad, really bad hey ?

I've completly miss the Bellona, witch looks like a beautiful ship.

So we have 4 unrated ships, 1 corvette, 2 frigates, and 2 first rate. And all those are fully functional i guess ?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo, that would be bad, really bad hey ?

I've completly miss the Bellona, witch looks like a beautiful ship.

So we have 4 unrated ships, 1 corvette, 2 frigates, and 2 first rate. And all those are fully functional i guess ?

one first rate, one 3rd rate 74

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When you're aiming an entire gundeck, the shots will land all over the place anyways. There's not too much leading necessary because none of the ships move faster than a human sprint and are enormous targets. But if you were employing aimed fire against a certain mast, you should take movement into account.

if i aim directly at the middle of the ship when they're 500+ yards away, will I hit the ship?

Definitely. Maybe you will hit the stern instead of the middle, though, and have a few shots land in the water astern.

When aiming your gundecks at enemy ships, do you have to lead your target if they're a good distance off? or if i aim directly at the middle of the ship when they're 500+ yards away, will I hit the ship?

It will depend, if shooting at a 1st rate then no, because it won't be moving that fast, obviously you will aim at the front if it is at full whack but then the rounds will hit center, but if you shooting at say a schooner, with the wind up his ass you may have to lead a bit at say 500 yards.