Game-Labs Forum

Choose for your Home-Port

Salute Gentlemen!

I would like to have the chance to move my home port to somewhere else then the nations capital so I can teleport to that home port including my ship.

To avoid hopping it could cost some reasonable amount of taxes and should take between one to three days.

This would be an easy to implement feature and it would help to spread people over the map instead of clustering around the capital.

What do you think about it?

• Like 1

If it would take 1 day and cost 50.000 for the first time, 2 days and 100.000 for the second and 4 days and 200.000 for the third time and there's a limit of three changes in total per character I doubt ther would be any abuse.

• Like 1

Will be abused, no. I like the capital city way. Nothing more, nothing less.

For some nations, their capital city is located such that it is in a strategically advantageous location.

Examples: the British capital Kingston/Port Royal is relatively close to their "front lines" (Portillo, Tiberon, Saint Nicolas) are a 15-25 minute sail from the capital. A British player could teleport WITH THEIR SHIP from a port in the Panama area, to Kingston/PR, and then sail to a front line trouble spot within about 15-25 minutes.

A Spanish player could teleport from a port in the Yucatan to their capital in La Habana WITH THEIR SHIP, then sail to a front line trouble spot (Like Las Tortugas or Matanzas)'within 5-10 minutes.

The pirate capital of Mortimer town also holds some key advantages in the way described above.

For other nations, their capital is located in a strategically disadvantaged location.

For example, a US player could teleport with their ship from one of their ports in the Gulf of Mexico to their capital in Charleston. The closest "front line" port (say Reo Seco or Walker's Cay) to Charleston is at minimum a 40-50 minute sail, or longer.

I am not fully endorsing the original poster's proposal.

But one has to admit that the national capital locations for some nations are much more advantageous than they are for other nations.

Edited by Chijohnaok
  • Like 2

This would be an easy to implement feature and it would help to spread people over the map instead of clustering around the capital.

What do you think about it?

That would kill the capital as main economic hub -for best or worst depending on your taste- and would produce some problems if/when the selected "pesonal capital" is  enemy controlled...

Moreover, the current system puts you in front of the port (in opposite to inside as outpost teleport) and -if I am not too wrong- combat ready (not under invulnerability cooldown) .... the last is not a problem in capitals with their safe zone... but can be game breaking in any other port.

In any case my opinion may be byased as I am not very fond of teleport with ship being implemented anyway , would prefer an unrestricted "safe voyage" between friendly/free ports taking 5-10 minutes.

Admin's idea currently is possibly to change it to the last non-enemy port visited (last non-enemy port in case of port conquest changing your last port to enemy hands).  That or in case it has changed hands switch it to capital.  This mechanic is meant for if you get stuck in shallows, you can teleport your ship out without having to message the devs stating you are stuck.