Game-Labs Forum

In Game Surveys / Polls

Hey chaps

Often I'll see comments from devs and players alike stating that there's a large portion of the player base who don't visit the forums.

I recently played a new game, Blade & Soul. Periodically a survey would arrive (in game) with an attached reward item, received on completion so players would actually do the survey.  It wasn't lengthy, just a few questions relating to game experience. How do you find XP progression etc.

This got me thinking that it might be a good thing for Game Labs to do so they get feedback on key issues from the majority of players rather than just those who contribute on the forums.  Rewards could be something like a random fine upgrade, or repair kits etc. Nothing too exciting but enough to encourage players to complete the survey.

What ya think?

• Like 6

i would definaly fill it out so long as it only appears while in port or after a battle in the looting screen 

In Blade & Soul, it was just a little icon that popped up and flashed subtly to be done at your leisure.

Rewards were things like health potions etc.

I like the idea of getting important polls front and center to increase the number of respondents.

I'm not sure you could ever ensure that voting is mostly genuine when the incentive is just for performing the vote, so I agree maybe the idea of the incentive could go away in order to get "real" results.  It would then be less likely to be skewed by people just clicking for reward.

Noninvasive for in-game IMO would be an extra tab at the in-port screen that says Polls, or Voting, or something similar.  In the UI maybe give that tab a little "x" to allow players the option of closing that tab if they never want to respond to any polls.

• Like 1

No.

1. If you want to have a "say", in any way believing you could influence something, you are on the Forums.

2. if you want to complain, rage, whatsoever, Forum.

3. If you don´t = no Forum, you play what you get.

More importantly, how many play and how many bought the game? How many sit and wait what will be coming?

If by any means customers should be informed about "polls" or changes, it needs to be done by emailing

to the email-adress you had to give when you registered.

So, emailing to the quiet and waiting majority, to get them back....