Game-Labs Forum

Automatic Repair on the Open Sea

Problem:

I want to hunt British NPCs. Most of them are around British ports. If I hunt over there, I will go broke from burning repair kits (plus if I have 1 dura left it's silly to load up with repair kits that end up costing more than the ship).

Solution:

Your ship recovers 1% per second of not moving on the open sea.

You can still burn repair kits to repair instantly, as now, but if you sit still you'll slowly heal up, too.

Could even make it 0.5% per second or whatever, if people think that's too fast.

This way you can go out hunting and only really need to burn repair kits if PvP pressure is on you and you need to heal up fast.

• Like 3

what is being used to preform this repair? It still takes parts and planks ect.. ie kits

And I'm not opposed to having it cost something. Maybe another option would be something like this:

1 repair kit can be burned instantly, repairing all sections 40%, as now.

Your ship also has a "Repair Slot", though. Drag a kit into there and it will slowly be consumed (like fuel in Minecraft). As long as you have damage, it will slowly tick down until it is consumed. This takes much longer but is more cost efficient -- similar to repairing while porting up in cost (but slower).

Edited by Slamz

>>I will go broke from burning repair kits (plus if I have 1 dura left it's silly to load up with repair kits that end up costing more than the ship).

Come on, you have enough MONEY !

That´s complicating matters for no real gain...you only save money...put it on a list,

and come up when the game really works much better.

Edited by Wilson09

That´s complicating matters for no real gain

The gain would hopefully be more people willing to take more chances and spend more time in enemy territory -- something this game desperately needs more of.

As ways to try and create more PvP go, this is one of the easiest to try.

24 Repair kits = 6 100% health repairs on the open sea. If anything that should be more than enough to keep you operating for quite a few hours in enemy waters without having a friendly dock nearby.

If you decide to be deep within enemy waters, you should be prepared for the consequences. Also I have never gone broke even after a liberal use of repair kits on PvP frigates. 3rds and above have expensive kits, but these are expensive ships and often make quite a lot of money in heavy ship PvP battles to make up for the cost..

• Like 1

If you decide to be deep within enemy waters, you should be prepared for the consequences.

Which is why you never see people grinding NPC fleets in enemy territory.

Not sure if you've played since the patch, but it seems friendly ports no longer spawn enemy fleets, so anyone looking for XP/gold will need to go more into enemy territory.

Which is great, actually, and should cause more PvP to occur, but if your goal is making money, then grinding fleets in enemy territory with no access to cheap repairs can easily mean that your 3rd rate costs you 19,000 - 30,000 per battle to repair. (Repair kit costs vary randomly from specific ship to ship but generally are in the 9000 - 10000 gold range for a 3rd rate. Take 90% damage to a side and that's 3 repair kits to fully fix, so potentially 30,000 gold per battle. Factor in increased NPC accuracy since the patch and this is a lot more likely than it used to be.)

Really just looking for ways to encourage people away from the safety of their home ports.

We can call them kittens and carebares but the bottom line is most people need a little more encouragement to get out there and fight. If this helps, I'm for it.

Edited by Slamz