Game-Labs Forum

How does mortar work?

pressing k is not enough

you will figure it out :)

That's VERY helping. Thanks admin. /sarcasm

(seriously, tryied during the complete battle. Even with spyglass it did not worked)

Edited by KuroNyra

Press K, put little circle over target, wait for big dispersion circle to close over little circle, mouse 1 to fire.

Sounds easy, I hope someone makes a youtube video soon. That will be entertaining to watch slow lumbering SOLs sink. 

Seriously?

Pardon me, I'm new to this game, but... if that's your attitude, I'm starting to see why I can't even pass the first mission on my own.

I'm also quite new. Probably about 2 weeks since purchasing the game. I've been hooked so hard I've clocked nearly 60 genuine hours on it over that time, maintaining both work and school commitments. Needless to say, I've not slept so much!

The AI seems to have been significantly improved in a recent patch; before the patch it was absolutely trivial to kill AI. I could easily solo 2 enemy ships of my class in the missions. Again, I am also quite new, so I am in no way claiming much skill at the game. I understand the concepts of sail and I've been a proper keyboard jockey for more than a decade, but I've not learned nearly everything about the game.

I find it very likely that a patch will slightly-moderately decrease AI accuracy in the near future, given the amount of feedback. For a non-new player, I find the new AI to be very challenging and rewarding. Nearly perfect for me!

For a brand new player, I intimately understand how the initial cutter V cutter fights seem unwinnable. Hell, I failed to win a couple of those fights before the patch myself, prior to figuring out how all these nautical bits work on my ship.

Just hang in there, bud. Like I said, I'm confident that patches are on their way. Additionally, the dev's comment wasn't out of line or rude. Just a funny small joke; it should be decently obvious that only the mortar brig can equip the mortar and that was the guy's issue. Judging by his last comment, he completely understands that.

Shalom.

Had a 1v1 duel in mortar brigs, took us 1 hour to kill eachother while not moving at all.

Pretty sure they will be effective against line sailing/ fortresses/SOL's turning against the wind and demasted ships.

But not as effective as regular broardsides, except against the upcomming fortressses perhaps:)

Konali89 i can confirm both, the ship is very effective at killing slow ships and stationary target if they have a decent width but the are atm quite funerable to other (faster) ships. It is a real joy if you hit. I would like to refer to olavdeng vid with the mortarbrig were he got hit by a ball and almost shits his pants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCkpTnx9ZoQ

look at min 11.30 till 13.00 there you will find your answer

Edited by pietjenoob