Game-Labs Forum

The "British" Lost Another Port? King Fallen?

Kreah

Not sure if this is the right thread to post in, but it appears the British are indeed doomed:

h0ODQJ6.png

How will they ever recover from this!?

We can't! A full day where the brewers at Brewers won't be brewing our Indian Tea for us. There'll be chaos on the streets of Kingston, anarchy will consume the empire within hours.

• Like 2

Are you honestly going to tell me a pirate nation is completely acceptable? This isn't pirates of the caribbean and you're not jack sparrow..A pirate nation takes any realism and literally throws it out the window, we could argue all day this is simply how I see pirates, but historical records will show this to be true. If we really want a small amount of historical accuracy a pirate nation shouldn't exist. I just think people join Pirates because of the wrong reasons, the whole reason to be a pirate is having complete freedom to do what you want, without any political interference or laws in your way. I mean maybe it's just because I actually value history and play this game because of it, but it feels like this game is starting to go down a path of an unrealistic arcade naval game. If you want to act like a nation join a nation, if you don't go pirate and plunder every ship you can.

Are you honestly going to tell me a pirate nation is completely acceptable? This isn't pirates of the caribbean and you're not jack sparrow..A pirate nation takes any realism and literally throws it out the window, we could argue all day this is simply how I see pirates, but historical records will show this to be true. If we really want a small amount of historical accuracy a pirate nation shouldn't exist. I just think people join Pirates because of the wrong reasons, the whole reason to be a pirate is having complete freedom to do what you want, without any political interference or laws in your way. I mean maybe it's just because I actually value history and play this game because of it, but it feels like this game is starting to go down a path of an unrealistic arcade naval game. If you want to act like a nation join a nation, if you don't go pirate and plunder every ship you can.

When my students write sth like this I ask them to present a citation from a respectable(scholarly) source. If they do not I fail them. Can you present any respectable source to back up your statement?

• Like 1