Game-Labs Forum

Is Naval Action actually TOO good right now?

I like this game. I participated in some of the early sea trials and am thoroughly enjoying now as it is in early release. The main things that I wanted are present. The graphics are stunning. The ships require some skill to sail. The selection of ships is good but I want more. The OW and the size of the map is good. I am a fan of wooden war ships. I have a place to go now where I can sail and bust up some Frog ships. I'm happy. I'm sure that I'll be even more happier when we get new content. I am so pleased with where this game is and where it's going. I agree with the OP in that this does not look like an alpha.

Naval Action has a LOT of potential. The Adonis like Devs are doing really good so far. In case no ones figured it out I am a fan of those lads. I have been sailing almost daily since early release so they must have done something right.

I kind of agree with the devs about some of the posts on these forums. I read these forums at least every few nights and see a lot of posts that really chap my ass. Lot of very selfish sounding  posts. Suggestions are great and needed for a game in alpha, but when a poster completely dismisses(often in an assy manner) ANY opinion contrary to their own and then when shit turns personal, kind of looks like trolling. Yes I am on the soap box right now. We should try to keep these forums civil and fun. 

• Like 2

Star Citizen has been being in alpha for more time than NA but there are a lot of updates - at least weekly - from the Devs. Maybe, if also here the Devs open a section of the forum with some sort of "weekly updates" posted every Monday or Saturday (or any other day, but always the same day in the week) in which they summarize what they are working on, this could prevent some players to discourage and will keep up the attention of the community.

Edited by victor

IN general the game is moving in a positive direction and that's good for all

It's nice to see that many of the common complaints are being taken on board by the devs

I'm mainly on pve so nice to see we're in list to get some love too :)  

Star Citizen has been being in alpha for more time than NA but there are a lot of updates - at least weekly - from the Devs. Maybe, if also here the Devs open a section of the forum with some sort of "weekly updates" posted every Monday or Saturday (or any other day, but always the same day in the week) in which they summarize what they are working on, this could prevent some players to discourage and will keep up the attention of the community.

how many devs are working in star citizen right now this would probably account for the very regular updates there many people forget that here we are talking about a team of less than 10 people.
  • Like 1

We believe in "less talk more action" hypothesis :) 

• Like 6

Fixing 20% of annoyances will solve 80% of problems. There are 3-4 things that are lacking and will be addressed during 2016

Lack of meaningful PVE content - which 50% of players require

Lack of politics/alliances/war and peace mechanics - which will affect 10-30% of players

Bad UI - will affect 100% of players

Events and tournaments for people who want balanced competitive content (maybe)

Once its done - the rest is just tuning and fixing bugs. The game will be somewhat complete and we will just have to add ships.

Happy players just play and don't come to forums. People who come to forums come to complain - that is why forums feel somewhat negative - but even those who complain they love parts of the game and just want to make it better. Those who hate the game just uninstall and don't even register on forums.

i would really like to see a revision of conquest somewhere in your goals, preferably with roles for frigates as well as shallow water ships and sols.

A conquest system that promotes even fights over the current system that promotes very few fights at all.

how many devs are working in star citizen right now this would probably account for the very regular updates there many people forget that here we are talking about a team of less than 10 people.

In my opinion - in fact - the only thing that could hinder the success of this game on the long run is that it is "undercrewed" on the devs side

We believe in "less talk more action" hypothesis :)

Which is for sure the best policy, but only as long as you will be able to keep the flow of new "action" up constantly (which I hope, since I like the way this game is structured in its basics and therefore I would like very much if it grows in a complete and polished grand Age of sails MMO game).

Edited by victor