Game-Labs Forum

Internet service interruption during fight

sacapus

Hi, I lost my internet service wiile fighting a Snow with my Brig (1 on 1) this morning, I had the Snow sails down to 80% and I was heading away from it at full sail (99%) and out of reach of his cannons. I came back and noticed that my exceptional brig lost a durability??

How can that happen ?

Not fair, spent a lot of time and resources it...

What is happening when you get disconnected in an instance, is your ship stops or keeps going for the 2 minutes ?

There's no way that Snow catched up to me unless my brig just stopped to idle speed...

Sorry, can't hit F11 when disconnected.

Aye, it's just one of these things. If the mechanic wasn't there, unscrupulous captains would force quit the game to avoid a death. I've lost many expensive ships in eve online to the devilish DC. Just got to curse your ISP, not the game mechanics matey.

I also play Elite Dangerous which is a peer to peer game. Force quitting when on the losing side of a battle is absolutely rife. 

• Like 1

Or at least just furl up the sails and stop if you DC, but you could get back in if you reconnect. Currently in the moment you disconnect, your ship surrenders to the enemy, and you lose it instantly. Your mates can claim it back and give it back to you as a separate 1 dura ship, but its not the same and it works only if you have teammates with free time.

Edited by kumisz

Or at least just furl up the sails and stop if you DC, but you could get back in if you reconnect. Currently in the moment you disconnect, your ship surrenders to the enemy, and you lose it instantly. Your mates can claim it back and give it back to you as a separate 1 dura ship, but its not the same and it works only if you have teammates with free time.

Oh really? Didn't know you instantly surrendered. Seems a bit harsh. Would be better if your ship just sailed on it's current course / speed giving you a chance to log back in once DC has been addressed. 

• Like 1