Game-Labs Forum

Game is bleeding players

Read my answer to the devs and meditate, boy ... not world of warship but eve online.

Please, come play EVE and I will personally let you taste (and test) the real flavour of ganking.

Problem - at least for me - is not ganking, but the fact that there should me more different things to do. My day (or, better, the coulple of hours that I dedicate to the game) now is: a couple of missions to get a little xp, use all my labour hours to craft something, some market buy and sell and the eventual PVP action (not RvR, since I am not a fan of grinding so I cannot jump in a third rate).

i plaed eve. This game is better. 

P.S

And yes you are asking for wows.

Though I do not fool around too much with greek letters, I just know (and I guess also the devs do) that a fanboy alpha tester is a useless alpha tester.

As far as your statement that you "played eve" (the only well established MMORPG sandbox game on the market for more than 10 years) and you can say that the alpha of NA is already better than that ... this really explaines a lot of things, so there is no reason in going on in the discussion.

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

Read my answer to the devs and meditate, boy ... not world of warship but eve online.

Problem - at least for me - is not ganking, but the fact that there should me more different things to do. My day (or, better, the coulple of hours that I dedicate to the game) now is: a couple of missions to get a little xp, use all my labour hours to craft something, some market buy and sell and the eventual PVP action (not RvR, since I am not a fan of grinding so I cannot jump in a third rate).

As for the first point, he -- and others in here -- seem to find differing opinions to be a personal insult. Very odd.

As for the 2nd, that's about what I do. I would add to your comment that any amount of crafting eventually ties you to a geographic area which can also be problematic.

More random quests/missions scattered around the map would be a help. Traders off the coast of Mexico likely to be carrying gold, while those off the States carry live oak -- that sort of thing to give a better reason to trade and sail afar.

Edited by GrapeShot

I reject the notion that a long climb to high rank is justified by any sort of historical accuracy. Historically, it did take a long time, but it wasn't measured by sinking hundreds of ships and killing thousands of crew.

It would probably be much more realistic to make you complete 3-4 missions per ship. After you do 3 missions in a Pickle, you're ready for the Snow, and further Pickle missions mostly just give you cash. But after 3 missions in a Snow, you're promoted to a Mercury... Granted a real "mission" would end up being multi-month tours that might result in no action, but the point is that it was never about "the grind". Admiral Nelson saw action on his way up, but it wasn't the hundreds of destroyed enemy ships and 20,000+ dead crew this game would have made him do!

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 1

I reject the notion that a long climb to high rank is justified by any sort of historical accuracy. Historically, it did take a long time, but it wasn't measured by sinking hundreds of ships and killing thousands of crew.

It would probably be much more realistic to make you complete 3-4 missions per ship. After you do 3 missions in a Pickle, you're ready for the Snow, and further Pickle missions mostly just give you cash. But after 3 missions in a Snow, you're promoted to a Mercury... Granted a real "mission" would end up being multi-month tours that might result in no action, but the point is that it was never about "the grind". Admiral Nelson saw action on his way up, but it wasn't the hundreds of destroyed enemy ships and 20,000+ dead crew this game would have made him do!

and you will have hundreds of players leaving the game in 1 month when they realize there is no more endgame content. Most of people are not used to sandbox and are not able to create content for themselves. More people in biggest ship  does not mean more fun.

As for the first point, he -- and others in here -- seem to find differing opinions to be a personal insult. Very odd.

As for the 2nd, that's about what I do. I would add to your comment that any amount of crafting eventually ties you to a geographic area which can also be problematic.

More random quests/missions scattered around the map would be a help. Traders off the coast of Mexico likely to be carrying gold, while those off the States carry live oak -- that sort of thing to give a better reason to trade and sail afar.

As for your first point , perhaps you " enjoy" being addressed as boy but most find that an insult and NOT the disagreement but maybe thats above your pay grade.

If you wish me to address you as boy from now on i will just let me know.