Game-Labs Forum

Can We Have a Pure PVP Server?

We have a pure pve server. We have the current hybrid pvp/pve server. What we need is a server where only pvp is available to rank up and earn money (with trading of course). Just without AI fleets and missions.

On a pure pvp server when you see a rear admiral you would know that they have a large history of fighting other players. Instead of it meaning they grinded fleets for weeks on end.

It would also increase the people looking for fights because that's all there would be to do to advance. Instead of what we currently have with people running missions or grinding fleets and pvp outside of PBs being more often than not a run for the horizon or willingness only to engage with overwhelming odds.

It's sad that on a pvp server the pure pvpers level up slower than people grinding fleets or missions all day.

I'm not seeking to enforce a change on people who like the hybrid. But I would love to play with people who log on to fight other players without having to spend hours sifting through people who don't.

Edited by Sea Nettle

Tbh I see no point in that... it is a lot more convenient if you can either go for PvP and hunt for players/do PB and go PvE at the same time.

And people running from fight they cannot win will be present anyway... if you can run and you know that you have no chance of survival in head on battle it would be just plain stupid not to run. Missions and AI fleets have really nothing to do with that... they even help in PvP because you can try to hunt PvE players.

And I know that a lot of players are complaining about enemies jumping missions and ruining their grind, but let's be honest here it is PvP server it is to be expected :)

• Like 1

You have already a pure PvP server - whether you want to do it or not is all your decision sir.

Take your ship, your rank and get into a enemy nation waters, set an outpost in a free port deep in their turf and do it.

I am totally in disbelief with the suggestion given the opportunity is there already.

What stops you from doing it ? That is my question.

• Like 1

I want to join any battle i cross in OW, and join any side.

This nation/group system doesn't allow us to fight the way we want. PvP nation limitation is a non-sense on a pvp server.

You can join any side already. Make sure you are Neutral or Pirate. Please disregard the Pirate issue of not being able to join both sides if pirate vs pirate.

Again, you ask for pvp but find a lot of excuses not to go out and waste duras.

You can join any side already. Make sure you are Neutral or Pirate. Please disregard the Pirate issue of not being able to join both sides if pirate vs pirate.

Again, you ask for pvp but find a lot of excuses not to go out and waste duras.

Except you are completely wrong as I do waste durability everyday. I have to because to get steady pvp action I have to engage at severe disadvantage or the opponent runs for the horizon. On a pvp server running would be minimized as you would have no other way to gain XP but to fight. I have video after video of engaging in a lesser ship and the opponent loading sail shot and running. After awhile it gets tedious. And they do so because they can level up versus a predictable AI.

I appreciate your input, but don't make assumptions. Having a pvp server where only pvp allows gains doesn't affect anyone. Telling us we should be forced to play a hybrid is ridiculous. Why are pure pve players treated with privilege? And if the hybrid server is superior you and those who love it can stay on it. There are multiple pve and pvp/pve servers. I merely want 1 pure pvp server.

Hell, note the setup cost and i'll pay for it.

Edited by Sea Nettle

I have to because to get steady pvp action I have to engage at severe disadvantage or the opponent runs for the horizon. On a pvp server running would be minimized as you would have no other way to gain XP but to fight. 

... but people would run until they had 2 to 1 odds ...

You're romanticizing.

you already have it, its called world of warships and is about as boring as any 1 dimensional game can get. Hey i know how about the devs develop something truly beautiful full of different styles of playability and we stomp it into a small flat ball of only one option, yay that’s a great plan!

... but people would run until they had 2 to 1 odds ...

You're romanticizing.

This, people do it in the PVP server now, people will do so if there was a pure PVP server.

Also regarding the merging of the PVP servers, there are technical limitations with that so that right now isnt an option.

• Like 1

This, people do it in the PVP server now, people will do so if there was a pure PVP server.

Also regarding the merging of the PVP servers, there are technical limitations with that so that right now isnt an option.

so we might see it in the future?

They do it because they have an easier and less risky option for grinding xp. If they didn't they would either engage and earn xp or make no progress. Sure you'll have people that refuse to do anything but meta game but they wouldn't be able to opt for fleet grinding in between ganks. And it would be harder for anyone to avoid pvp because that's all the world would be inhabited by. PVPers. So those that only engaged with the best odds would be very slow to level.

Edited by Sea Nettle

so we might see it in the future?

I dont know, however i highly doubt it. Only way i personally can see is together with a total asset and port wipe(meaning exp is the only thing kept)

edit:

They do it because they have an easier less risky option for grinding xp. If they didn't they would either engage and earn xp or make no progress. Sure youll have people that refuse to do anything but meta game but they wouldn't be able to opt for fleet grinding in between ganks. And it would be harder for anyone to avoid pvp because that's all the world would be inhabited by. PVPers.

Well the thing is, people dont like dying, how do you minimize that risk? you gank the enemy, what do you do when you know you are going to die? run away. 

you already have it, its called world of warships and is about as boring as any 1 dimensional game can get. Hey i know how about the devs develop something truly beautiful full of different styles of playability and we stomp it into a small flat ball of only one option, yay that’s a great plan!

Yeah its not beautiful. Its fairly monotonous. And again we have a pure PVE server. No diversity there.

I dont know, however i highly doubt it. Only way i personally can see is together with a total asset and port wipe(meaning exp is the only thing kept)

edit:

Well the thing is, people dont like dying, how do you minimize that risk? you gank the enemy, what do you do when you know you are going to die? run away. 

It's not about minimizing risk, but minimizing choice. If you refuse to take any fight but the most assured victory you will progress very slowly. Human nature will ensure fights occur. Right now human nature ensures minimal pvp occurs. Because its more efficient to grind fleets and missions for xp.

Edited by Sea Nettle

You want pvp? Remember honor system? We can use it to push people in PVP server to pvp. You need to have some players kill (frigate and above) to progress. For example, from master and commanders to post captain, you need 5 kill in similar BR. Post cap to flag cap 10 kills and so on. You cant have admirals running around without pvp experiences. The main problem see here is how to fix it when pve come to pvp.

And Olav, I think we will have a reset when we have land in game. Its a good chance to merge servers together and also rename them.

Yeah its not beautiful. Its fairly monotonous. And again we have a pure PVE server. No diversity there.

It's not about minimizing risk, but minimizing choice. If you refuse to take any fight but the most assured victory you will progress very slowly. Human nature will ensure fights occur. Right now human nature ensures minimal pvp occurs. Because its more efficient to grind fleets and missions for xp.

I think it is more about safety than speed, you take less loss with PVE than PVP, that is why people do PVE. I would love to be proven wrong.

edit:

You want pvp? Remember honor system? We can use it to push people in PVP server to pvp. You need to have some players kill (frigate and above) to progress. For example, from master and commanders to post captain, you need 5 kill in similar BR. Post cap to flag cap 10 kills and so on. You cant have admirals running around without pvp experiences. The main problem see here is how to fix it when pve come to pvp.

And Olav, I think we will have a reset when we have land in game. Its a good chance to merge servers together and also rename them.

All that is confirmed there is port wipe, i dont know if we get a full(apart from exp) wipe then, i personally doubt it.
  • Like 1

There is always a choice. Like a PvP+E server...

Your reasoning makes no sense. You say people will stay and fight because they cannot get XP otherwise... I say they can - jumping servers is not only possible, would be required to get onto PVPurist server in the first place.

Also at this point in development, alpha revision and alpha build, holding on to whatever you achieve is absurd.

You cannot find many of the not-so-clear mechanics if you do not risk it fully, and as the Devs said they like the "dark souls" method to let the player find things for themselves instead of having stats delivered on a plate.

One thing that would totally revamp the pvp way of life is xp multiplier by BR difference. I wouldn't mind 3000% multiplier when I get to face a herd of sheep now and then :) and drown in fluffy waves of poor quality wool.

• Like 2

I think it is more about safety than speed, you take less loss with PVE than PVP, that is why people do PVE. I would love to be proven wrong.

edit:

All that is confirmed there is port wipe, i dont know if we get a full(apart from exp) wipe then, i personally doubt it.

But wut about production building and stuff. Like they can delay production building a bit and release at the same time with land, we can have a nice rese xD

Also at this point in development, alpha revision and alpha build, holding on to whatever you achieve is absurd.

You cannot find many of the not-so-clear mechanics if you do not risk it fully, and as the Devs said they like the "dark souls" method to let the player find things for themselves instead of having stats delivered on a plate.

One thing that would totally revamp the pvp way of life is xp multiplier by BR difference. I wouldn't mind 3000% multiplier when I get to face a herd of sheep now and then :) and drown in fluffy waves of poor quality wool.

i want to backstab people so i can put 2k hours of dark souls in good use!

If XP is only found in pvp battles but Xp and rank is tied to your Steam Account, what stops a person from gaining rank on a PvE server? 

The entire suggestion is flawed when it comes to this basic thing that was recently implemented. 

There is also the issue that others have alluded to when it comes to PvP, if you [and I use 'you' here as a general term] are at a disadvantage would you seriously go against all thinking and stay and fight. You say there is no choice, but I put it to you, there is always a choice, and just because it would be a pure Pvp server does not take the choice of running away, away form someone. 

If you [again I use 'you' here as a general term] are in a lesser ship and you initiate combat you are would be forgiven for being deluded if you think you are at a disadvantage. Pvp is more about skill than it is about the ship, if you are the better sailor and you can prevent the other person from using the majority of their firepower, does that still put you at the disadvantage. 

Even if a max level pve'r abuses the steam rank system they still have nothing to do on this server but trade/haul, craft and pvp. And that's good enough. Pve activities are detrimental to a pvp server. You have people already asking for mission ganking to be removed so they can pve in peace, on an open world pvp server. A max rank pve player would still have to earn gold in the shark tank to fund the building of bigger ships.

Literally, myself, and i'm sure a few others would foot the bill to set the server up. What is the possible risk? That everyone would migrate to it leaving the pve or hybrid servers wastelands? Well, maybe that would say something.

Everyone would start off fighting in cutters. Then some would rise in wealth through success in battle and afford resources for trading and crafting which would eventually see bigger ships built. You'd also have far more ships lost which makes for a vibrant economy.

There really is no downside save for pve players wanting to force pvp players to inhabit their servers and no longer being afforded the option.

Edited by Sea Nettle