Game-Labs Forum

Exploit of Surrender mechanism

I have heard a few people mention recently about certain players from nations who are staying in battle knowing there is a large enemy screening fleet outside and using people with crafted dura to surrender allowing friendly players to capture said ship.

Example -  

Player (A) uses a Paval

Player (F) uses a consti

Both are crafted now a battle has ended and the team players (A) & (F) are on won. now the tricky part getting away from the enemy screening fleet outside.
Player (F) surrenders and sacrifices a dura leaving a clone behind for player (A) to capture and jump in now going to battle results with both ships in hand he now has the ability to send the more valued ship to port and risk loosing the lesser easier crafted ship to be sank if caught..

I'm unable to provide any screen shots however i'd like to bring this exploit to the attention of all players to be vigilant before and after battles to see who is entering in what ship and leaving.
Doing this is preventing the capture or sinking of the higher more valued ship, in my opinion surrendering in a battle should not allow a "Clone" of your ship to be left behind. 

If this is not abusing or exploiting mechanics i apologize and ask a Dev to remove this post, if not i advise people to be weary and keep an eye on what people are sailing before and after battles.

Edited by Demon88

the exploit is using a lesser ship's dura to save a larger ships one thus allowing the more expensive bigger ship to be sent to your outpost and sailing the smaller cheaper to replace ship back to the fight.

IMO you should have to fight in the ship you arrived to the battle with and sail it back not jump into a clannie's smaller ship to prevent loosing a dura.

Teleport to outpost simply needs to go away. If you capture a ship, it gets added to your fleet with the prize crew aboard only. You then have to sail it to a port to sell it or an outpost to break it up. I.e. how Sid Meier handled it 30,years ago.

There are more exploits with tp to outpost than just this one.

• Like 3

I'm not sure where the exploit is? The player that surrendered looses a dura, it would be the same if you dunk or captured him, he would loose 2 dura? Where is the exploit?

More than likely the ship that surrenders is actually a 1-dura capture. This actually results in no loss at all if the player then gets away after battle, because he can just hand a 1-dura ship right back to the player that surrendered. But regardless, 1-dura AI captures are seen as disposable in game because they are so easy to obtain.

I agree that this just adds to the list of teleport ship to outpost exploits.