Game-Labs Forum

Danish Warship Captured

DrunkenSloth

Yeah let's waste the rest of 2016 on defining the exact line where ganking starts.

The funny thing is I am a worthless carebear bluebie, because I prefer fights where I might also lose, and therefore don't PVP often because those fights aren't available very often,  and those who spend the entire day roaming around in an invincible gank squad, with 9 out of 10 sides being one-sided pushovers, are teh hardcorez PVP gods.

This wasn't ganking, we were sailing near Spanish Town and The Settlement when we came across this Frigate, so me being in a Renommee I tagged him, the other member you see with me was in an under-crewed Cerberus. So if that would be classified an invincible gank squad oh well :P

Yeah let's waste the rest of 2016 on defining the exact line where ganking starts.

The funny thing is I am a worthless carebear bluebie, because I prefer fights where I might also lose, and therefore don't PVP often because those fights aren't available very often,  and those who spend the entire day roaming around in an invincible gank squad, with 9 out of 10 sides being one-sided pushovers, are teh hardcorez PVP gods.

Perhaps we should discuss it out. Because it looks like, that most people are:

- not really into PvP. they just join this server because it has the highest population. This results in insults inside battles because you attacked someone...

- nearly everything here is called gank. I dont know how much Open PvP games some of you played allready, but open PvP is NEVER an Even fight. And you cant even be camped in this game, because you getting back to the next port after you got beaten. Nobody is forced to go out again if he knows that the enemy is waiting for him. just do something else until the enemy is tired of waiting.

Edited by Belize
  • Like 4

Today our ships descended on Danish waters with the hope of successful Privateering, instead we found two fairly even battles between players from VIE and RUS. In both battles the Danish started the engagement by attacking one of our Renommee's, unaware we still had two ships in the area. They began engaging our Renommee captained by CaptainFrosty as I entered in my Trincomalee and Ingemar Ulfgard in his Renommee. The enemy consisted of two Surprises and a constitution, as the battle started we began distancing the engagement and maintaining our speed, firing our broadsides into their masts. We had every advantage possible, and when one of the RUS surprises left the fight we made our move and cut into them, as I fired my broadside the Constitution's Mainmast fell into the sea, leaving the Surprise all alone facing my Trincomalee and Ingemar's Renommee. We closed the distance and broadsided the Surprise until water began flooding his ship, his deck was shortly awash as he slipped beneath the waves..All three of us began focusing on the Constitution, with another broadside from my ship his Foremast fell and it was followed up by a broadside from CaptainFrosty, which took down his Mizzenmast. Helpless and dead in the water we loaded grape and with one broadside from my ship he lost more than half of his crew, as boarding commenced his crew low on Morale had already lost the will to continue fighting, and the boarding parties had little resistance as they struck the Danish colours, and placed the Swedish colours in their place..However it was not the only one we fought, we sailed back to Island Harbour after having sunk a Trincomalee, snow and Surprise in two 3v3 battles, and captured the Constitution. This was a Glorious day for Sverige..I would like to thank all captains involved for a very fun evening, I do believe we will meet again soon ;)

post-16357-0-81595900-1457408176_thumb.jpg

post-16357-0-03820900-1457408206_thumb.jpg

post-16357-0-06404700-1457408263_thumb.jpg

post-16357-0-17268300-1457408280_thumb.jpg

Edited by DrunkenSloth
  • Like 8

Today to my surprise I saw a Danish ship(surprise) sailing outside Gustavia, unfortunately I made the decision to attack and shame on me for doing so. It quickly turned out to be an ambush as a VIE Trincomalee, Frigate and Renommee appeared on the horizon, outnumbered 4 to 1 I simply fought to the end..I told VIE we would be seeing them soon. Unknown to the raiding fleet at the time my fight to the death was deliberate as it allowed ships to gather outside Gustavia and CaptainFrosty time to travel home. We met the Danish "bait" ship outside Gustavia knowing greed would blind the enemy into joining the battle.. Our fleet consisted of only 2 DRUNK ships, my Trincomalee and CaptainFrosty's Renommee, joined by the Swedish sailors TheKraken(Snow), Mich165(Cerberus) and Hambug(Renommee). The battle started with the Danes pushing the engagement and attempting to break our loose line, we turned ourselves away from them and stayed with the wind, a Danish Frigate decided to come along side our line and received a pounding from my 18 pounders as he did so, he quickly fell back to his group. The Danes yet again chased us and were closing the Distance quite well until the order was given to aim for their masts, the closer they got the more damage they took, the battle went back and forth for quite some time until the Danish Frigate lost his Mainmast. This gave everyone a boost of morale and before long 3 Danish ships lost their Mainmasts and the Trincomalee slowed to a crawl after his Foremast also fell. By this time the Danish fleet was full of holes and mostly without masts, the hunter had become the prey in only 40 minutes. This caused the once confident Danes to turn upwind and abandon the battle, in the process leaving the "bait" in the battle alone. Unfortunately for the bait he underestimated Swedish gunnery as my 4 bow chasers kept tearing through his sails, with one final shot from the Snow's bow chaser his Mainmast fell into the water. Once again a Danish flag is replaced with a Swedish one, and Victory was achieved against the odds even though it looked grim at one point. Glory to Sverige!

post-16357-0-85186300-1457581007_thumb.jpg

post-16357-0-24850800-1457581032_thumb.jpg

post-16357-0-96825300-1457581052_thumb.jpg

post-16357-0-90421300-1457581065_thumb.jpg

post-16357-0-10229600-1457581080_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

We have so many potential enemies, why they always attack our neighbor Denmark. The Nordic nations must hold together now, or we are insignificant, especially Sweden. Together, perhaps with France we are a good deal to the other nations. My opinion, but what will happen if this goes on.....

A little bird told me that DRUNK lost 2 Trincs yesterday? Is this information correct?

We lost 1 Trinc and a Renommee, both because they were outnumbered. However when the playing field was mostly even(danes still having a ship advantage) the result was the enemy being defeated after a lot of back and forth, it was a pleasure to command such a great battle. But rest assured, these losses will be made up for by twice as many captured Danish ships ;)

We have so many potential enemies, why they always attack our neighbor Denmark. The Nordic nations must hold together now, or we are insignificant, especially Sweden. Together, perhaps with France we are a good deal to the other nations. My opinion, but what will happen if this goes on.....

Maybe if Denmark wanted to be friends they should have refrained from kicking our door down :P Unknown to them in their planning they forgot some people would not accept a treaty, and even worse they underestimated this "2 man clan". We have no intentions of stopping this offensive, if the treaty holds up or not matters nothing to us, in our eyes the war never ended. The Danes will need to approach us if they want to end this ;)

• Like 1