Game-Labs Forum

Lonely Pirates pvp2

Mrdoomed

I and my friend play pirates on pvp2 ( when we rolled pirates we interested to be pirates and not world conquerers) . We went of to do piratey stuff and havent seen but 1 other player from our faction and he seen us on chat talking amd came to us.

My question is are there ANY pirates west of mortimer town other than my friend and i ? Seriously this sumday will be 4 weeks since seeing another player in my faction.

I dont want this to turn into another justme hates pirates thread so could admins keep it to just pirates talking about this topic and thier travels and not everything 5 people hate.

Any " piratey " pirates out there in pvp2 ?

France is doing everything it can to return your lost pirates to you. A good number of them seemed to have wandered southeast for some reason.  Maybe they couldn't read their compass properly when they set out to sea.  Hopefully we can nudge them back north closer to you again in the coming days/weeks.

I'm not a pirate anymore, but I was one until 3 days ago. I'll tell it to you straight, no bull, full disclosure: Pirates are currently in a very bad situation.

Long story short, one clan moved East to Aves on day 1 of the steam release (a month ago or so). I was part of that clan and we started taking neutral ports over there, along with a few french ports that were on the island we were settling on. Meanwhile, while this was happening, the pirate nation was getting wrecked by the US. The general priority for pirates when all that was unraveling was leveling up and this US aggression led to a split between the pirates, one half wanting to protect our starter area and push back the US (an uphill battle, considering they outnumbered us by huge amounts). The other half was leveling in the Bahamas, trying to steer clear of US aggressors.

Before too long, most clans/players that had leveling as a focus moved down East... and then some of the PVP clans started moving over... and before too long everyone and their mother was in the Camp du Roy area.

Two groups of clans split up between the CDR area and the South-East region around Naparima, each with their different ideas on what to do. The South guys were (and still are) hellbent on taking all french ports. The northern guys had no real focus, one clan wanted PVP, one clan wanted to level up, the other one (mine) wanted to move towards the Brits up north (La Mona area) and have fun PVPing without necessarily taking their ports, just keep 'em and ourselves busy.

Before any of that happened (I must admin, we've been too slow) the mostly PVP clan which contained half our high level players defected to France to get more PVP. The clan who was focusing on leveling ended up switch to Brits, I don't know the story behind that one, but anyways... all that was left north was CF (my clan) and our active member count had been waning down severely in recent weeks, to a point where Saturday night at peak time we had 6 members on, half of which can't even crew a deep water ship.

We had a meeting and decided to defect from Pirates. It was close to an unanimous vote so we did the move.

I suspect the 3-4 "main" clans that remain on the pirate site right now have pretty low active members as well, they couldn't save any of the ports that were attacked this week except La Trinite if I'm not mistaken, so it looks grim for pirates in general.

One thing is sure, there is a huge unity issue right now with no clan standing out to act as a leading force. I hope this changes...

I'm not a pirate anymore, but I was one until 3 days ago. I'll tell it to you straight, no bull, full disclosure: Pirates are currently in a very bad situation.

Long story short, one clan moved East to Aves on day 1 of the steam release (a month ago or so). I was part of that clan and we started taking neutral ports over there, along with a few french ports that were on the island we were settling on. Meanwhile, while this was happening, the pirate nation was getting wrecked by the US. The general priority for pirates when all that was unraveling was leveling up and this US aggression led to a split between the pirates, one half wanting to protect our starter area and push back the US (an uphill battle, considering they outnumbered us by huge amounts). The other half was leveling in the Bahamas, trying to steer clear of US aggressors.

Before too long, most clans/players that had leveling as a focus moved down East... and then some of the PVP clans started moving over... and before too long everyone and their mother was in the Camp du Roy area.

Two groups of clans split up between the CDR area and the South-East region around Naparima, each with their different ideas on what to do. The South guys were (and still are) hellbent on taking all french ports. The northern guys had no real focus, one clan wanted PVP, one clan wanted to level up, the other one (mine) wanted to move towards the Brits up north (La Mona area) and have fun PVPing without necessarily taking their ports, just keep 'em and ourselves busy.

Before any of that happened (I must admin, we've been too slow) the mostly PVP clan which contained half our high level players defected to France to get more PVP. The clan who was focusing on leveling ended up switch to Brits, I don't know the story behind that one, but anyways... all that was left north was CF (my clan) and our active member count had been waning down severely in recent weeks, to a point where Saturday night at peak time we had 6 members on, half of which can't even crew a deep water ship.

We had a meeting and decided to defect from Pirates. It was close to an unanimous vote so we did the move.

I suspect the 3-4 "main" clans that remain on the pirate site right now have pretty low active members as well, they couldn't save any of the ports that were attacked this week except La Trinite if I'm not mistaken, so it looks grim for pirates in general.

One thing is sure, there is a huge unity issue right now with no clan standing out to act as a leading force. I hope this changes...

I like the Dutch you much better than the Pirate you.  Must be the color agrees with you or something.

I like the Dutch you much better than the Pirate you.  Must be the color agrees with you or something.

I was the lead Diplomat, Spymaster, Master Troll and Propaganda officer in CF... I'm dropping all those roles for now to let the dust settle :) I spent more time meta-gaming than gaming in the last 2 weeks so I'm trying to get back to the real game for a bit lol. In other news, I got more XP in the last 3 days than I did in the two previous weeks!

I came into the pirate crisis a few weeks back but was unable to get very big into it just recently. 2 days ago I managed to get a small number of pirates to band together and take back port salina. Then we lost it the next day due to no one wishing to help protect our free land.

I understand the pirate mind set, but even pirates can understand the concept of banning together to push back the invading forces. Hans Pothorst and Didrik Pining were 2 pirates born of Denmark who often times would partner together with others in order to privateer and such.

The fact is on a few occasions I have tried to bring pride back to the motherland of the pirates but it is an uphill battle with how most of our members do not feel this is an important part for pirates. We get no resources without land. We get no safe trade routes without land. 

I am not speaking in terms of we do everything together. By all means do your own thing. But when our land is threatened. Head the call for help and no matter how dire it looks... Attempt to change an outcome.

I haven't given up yet and I wish for more to join me on PVP US 2. The pirates arn't dead. Hell we arn't even bleeding. We have been lazy and let them push us from our lands. But this ends.

Well if any pirate ever decides to go further west than Hati please let me know or be vocal in chat about wanting to exploreore of the map and be more of a pirate outpost / pirate waters etc type pirate.

Mrdoomed,

You are on the right track going West for the time being. It seems to be the least organized more chaotic frontier region. A nomadic pirate clan that learns to live out of hidden coves of Free Towns will succeed where large nation like pirates in a group somewhere will have a harder time surviving. If I were building a pirate clan today this is what I would do: (Because if you really want a successful pirate clan you are going to have to build it)

Scout out a series of Free Cities that are near other nations starting zones or NPC hunting areas. Set up out posts at these cities. Raid the locals till they get organized enough to give you sufficient trouble. Pull up the tents and move to the next raiding spot. Periodically teleport back the Mortimer and recapture whatever you can of the Bahamas when you can. But otherwise stay nomadic. When you first get to a Free city hunting ground spend the first day capturing NPC ships you want to use. They are free after all. You should have minimal need for any Econ at all and can spend almost all your time hunting prizes. Whenever you need money just cap some NPC trade vessels and sell the cargo and vessels to the Free City. This should keep you in plenty of repair kits and modules. Advertise your Nomad pirate clan in pirate chat as much as possible. I think a lot of pirates are simply playing as a weak national simply because they haven't tried other ways yet.

If you have your heart dead set on building ships. Find a nation you can be friendly with and strike up a deal to either have some of their ports or for them to sell you all the materials. Most nations in the game, especially the smaller ones, would probably entertain giving you a space to build ships in exchange for a "mercenary style" alliance.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 3

The Brits and US are at war in the Yucatan.  The pirate nation should try to profit from this war like a real pirate would.  Intercept trade and supply ships.   Attack lone ships.  You don't need to sail in Trins and 3rd rates to do this.  Privateers, cutters, and snows could pick off lone frigates and mission runners.  

Mrdoomed,

You are on the right track going West for the time being. It seems to be the least organized more chaotic frontier region. A nomadic pirate clan that learns to live out of hidden coves of Free Towns will succeed where large nation like pirates in a group somewhere will have a harder time surviving. If I were building a pirate clan today this is what I would do: (Because if you really want a successful pirate clan you are going to have to build it)

Scout out a series of Free Cities that are near other nations starting zones or NPC hunting areas. Set up out posts at these cities. Raid the locals till they get organized enough to give you sufficient trouble. Pull up the tents and move to the next raiding spot. Periodically teleport back the Mortimer and recapture whatever you can of the Bahamas when you can. But otherwise stay nomadic. When you first get to a Free city hunting ground spend the first day capturing NPC ships you want to use. They are free after all. You should have minimal need for any Econ at all and can spend almost all your time hunting prizes. Whenever you need money just cap some NPC trade vessels and sell the cargo and vessels to the Free City. This should keep you in plenty of repair kits and modules. Advertise your Nomad pirate clan in pirate chat as much as possible. I think a lot of pirates are simply playing as a weak national simply because they haven't tried other ways yet.

If you have your heart dead set on building ships. Find a nation you can be friendly with and strike up a deal to either have some of their ports or for them to sell you all the materials. Most nations in the game, especially the smaller ones, would probably entertain giving you a space to build ships in exchange for a "mercenary style" alliance.

You just described my friend and i gaming sessions lol. We have a clan of 2 but thats cuz we are nomadic and looking for others interested in wolf pack piracy.

Last night he and i pissed off the brits in Jamaica enough it looked like they brough every player online after us ! Most fun hour i had in a while was the run back to our hidout. Getting taged amd trying to escape the battle lol. We got split up and i managed to capture anothwr players small ship and send mine back to safty.

Then i zigzaged back home . We both made it back safe with lots of xp gold and drops to show.

You should start a thread where all you do is talk about your pirate adventures and try to update it every couple of days or so.

Ultimately you need more people and the way to more people is not so much to ask "where is everyone" but just to start talking about what you're doing. Other interested parties may materialize if it sounds like fun.

Hopefully it wont come to having to leave my server but it may as i am hated as is anyone on our server who plays as non conquest goal pirates. Im told on a daily basis we are all that is wrong with the faction lol.

But a bright spot is that this post has brought someone from pvp1 to pvp2 pirate to come raid with us so its not all bad.

I "helped" a guy go Pirate on PVP2 last night. He declared an attack, then in the battle instance confirmed he just wanted to go Pirate and didn't want to fight. I was just in a Cutter and would've been happy to let him sink me for the cause. Go Pirates Go!