Game-Labs Forum

Diplomatics and player balance.

Hello,

First off, I'm fully aware that the game is in alpha, and the game is subject to changes.

I'm playing as Danmark - Norway on the PVP EU 3 server.

The ingame balance is horrible, because there is way too many pirates. Many of the nations, is not even being played by players (USA for instance). France got wiped out from the start. Leaving their towns like free loot. Because all nations is at war, the big are getting bigger, and the small nations are getting their behind kicked everytime we try something.

So what to do? Join the Pirates to help them conquer the map, or at least make it a two nation war (England vs. Pirates) or simply go play something else, until the game intall some kind of diplomatic situation, where somebody (game devs) are monitoring the balance. If the point is, that each server will be left for its own fate. Then EU 3's fate is sealed.

This is not an to whine about it or create drama - but spending your sparetime getting kicked hard every day - is not fun at all. I like the game alot, bur we are still very far from a game, that has a fair balance to it.

Just my 5 cents.

/Staal

The pirate problem is game wide and not just relegated to your server.

However there are far more people playing on the other servers to give the game a much richer feel.

If i were in your shoes i would consider two of the following:

One, switch to EU pvp1.  It is by far the most populated server and has not reached the server que cap in several weeks so there will be no waiting to play. (This is the option i would choose)

Two, join England on your own server.  If you don't want to switch servers you might as well join a nation that is capable of putting up some sort of fight to make RVR interesting.

Sadly i don't have a better suggestion for you.

Alliance System is work in progress and will take some time to come we have to fix portbattles and the new content patch.

so switching to Eu1 is not the best option since it will be full again.

hopefully we can extent server capacity once its more stable.

Alliance System is work in progress 

i wonder, why devs never, ok almost never, said about they new mechanics before it come to live build. We could save lot of time with this...

Work in progress means, they on the way in some model, which for community is secret. Maybe you can throw a bit light on this?

The ingame balance is horrible, because there is way too many pirates. Many of the nations, is not even being played by players (USA for instance). France got wiped out from the start. Leaving their towns like free loot. Because all nations is at war, the big are getting bigger, and the small nations are getting their behind kicked everytime we try something.

So what to do?

There is a lot to do.

I think France on PVP2 is a great example of a faction that was down to its last port then made a come back. The mechanics are there for factions to survive and thrive as long as the players don't quit at the first sign of trouble.

I suspect if a faction gets murdered and they lose their player base that tells me more about the players than the game itself.

This game provides a bunch of mechanics that can combat a zerg. Don't get me wrong it needs more but players need to explore those mechanics before they can speak about giving more help to smaller nations.

• Like 3

There is a lot to do.

I think France on PVP2 is a great example of a faction that was down to its last port then made a come back. The mechanics are there for factions to survive and thrive as long as the players don't quit at the first sign of trouble.

I suspect if a faction gets murdered and they lose their player base that tells me more about the players than the game itself.

This game provides a bunch of mechanics that can combat a zerg. Don't get me wrong it needs more but players need to explore those mechanics before they can speak about giving more help to smaller nations.

I'm usually not a quitter - therefore  my post. Would you mind giving some examples of these mechanics? I might be blind. But when not trying to fight the Pirates usually 1:3-4, then our clans are arguing in the nationschat - and blaming and poaching members.

I would love to bring my nation back into the game - sadly I can't see how.

• 3 months later...

I think the diplomacy system is a long awaited feature and should be implemented any time soon now. I am very curious to see what the devs came up with. There has been a lot of very interesting and helpful suggestions on this topic.

Are there any statistics we can see regarding the total player/active players for each nation on each server?