Game-Labs Forum

[PVP2] Is there any new pirate leadership developing?

Arsilon

With recent events it seems Brucy and Obliterati have gone somewhat quiet in their self proclaimed "we speak for the pirate nation" (loose coalition or however it was organized) mentality.

Is there any new leadership arising from the disarray or have the pirates splintered so entirely that we have to deal with each clan and their separate agendas independently now?

First off I neither me or Obliterati ever were pirate leaders. I was acting diplomat for CF and Obli was a vocal member of the clan.

As far as CF goes might as well let the cat out of the bag now, it's going to get out any minute anyway, CF is in the process of disbanding and most members moved to the Dutch nation. We are in the process of creating a new clan there.

Do not mistake this for a hostile move, our numbers are low and we have lots of new low level members who want to focus on leveling, others on crafting so we'll be chilling and trying to get away from drama. We have no intention of changing the peaceful nature of the Dutch nation.

We have no animosity towards pirates and will not participate in any port hostilities towards pirates, or do any griefing around CDR, or changing port timers to allow easy poaching or any other similar cheap tactics.

Good luck and have fun!

First off I neither me or Obliterati ever were pirate leaders. I was acting diplomat for CF and Obli was a vocal member of the clan.

As far as CF goes might as well let the cat out of the bag now, it's going to get out any minute anyway, CF is in the process of disbanding and most members moved to the Dutch nation. We are in the process of creating a new clan there.

Do not mistake this for a hostile move, our numbers are low and we have lots of new low level members who want to focus on leveling, others on crafting so we'll be chilling and trying to get away from drama. We have no intention of changing the peaceful nature of the Dutch nation.

We have no animosity towards pirates and will not participate in any port hostilities towards pirates, or do any griefing around CDR, or changing port timers to allow easy poaching or any other similar cheap tactics.

Good luck and have fun!

I'm glad to hear of your intent to honorably move to the Dutch team. We look favorably on the Dutch and they are some good fighters. This is just me talking and only my opinion but I think you will like it there and may even find a solid home where you can play the way you like too.

Best of luck to your new Dutch squadron o7

Edited by Bach

France is (was?) at peace with the Dutch and they would come help us with the southern pirates sometimes. Actually haven't heard from them in a few days. Something about having to deal with Spanish to their west.

Far as I'm concerned, that trend can continue. It was always my plan to draw a line around Galdonas with the Dutch to the west and France to the east. They do their thing, we do ours, likely find a common foe eventually.

I hope the pirates in the southeast have a better plan than "fight the French for ownership of the southeast". We don't think it's healthy for them to stay there. For them or us. Ultimately they have to leave. I hope someone down there has an actual plan for this. There is plenty of uncontested space on the map, still, or they could actually go home and fight the Americans.

• Like 1

Really the diplomacy time and effort related to trying to organize the herd of cats that is the pirate nation. Is not worth the effort now. Before we could ignore the smaller clans with a coalition of the larger groups. Which of course no longer exist.

Also when you get right down to it. You can be just as much of a pirate (more so due to bugs atm) as a nation player. Simply put in order to facilitate a leveling zone for newbies and crafting at a decent price for those whom want to do that sort of thing. A nation is the only way to do it currently. So that lead to a bit of mental math.

1. None of us wanted to go to the zerg nations (brit or US)

2. Spain is completely disorganized and lacks players

3. Danies are dead

4. Sweden put us right back in the same place we started. The game is big why not move to new waters?

5. The French have Slamz

6. You can still do commerce raiding as a nation player. So there was no reason I can't continue freeport camping as a nation player.

Process of elimination left Dutch. They have a good community as well. Diplomacy would be easier and since they have few clans, more organization.

Basically with us gone. There is no real power block with the pirates to "deal" with. The SE have never gotten their act together. What continually happened at perdenales and now Puerto de Espana is proof of that. I don't forsee the pirates turning into a threat for anyone until at least the next reset when some US players on PVP1 switch over.

• Like 1

France is (was?) at peace with the Dutch and they would come help us with the southern pirates sometimes. Actually haven't heard from them in a few days.

We do not intend to change that. Like I said, do not mistake our move for a hostile one. We might PVP with any other nation though, French included, but don't mistake it for an act of war, just some good old PVP.

Strange things are afoot at the circle K

We do not intend to change that. Like I said, do not mistake our move for a hostile one. We might PVP with any other nation though, French included, but don't mistake it for an act of war, just some good old PVP.

This is really good news. The Dutch have some very good PVP players and are easy to deal with. They have a solid foundation and just need some more players to make it a really solid nation. I am glad to hear they getting a new influx of players. Joros over there can kick some arse in PVP. He might be the best PVP player one on one that I have seen in the game.

I really love their lay out as a nation too. Their ports are very easy to defend and they are a pain to get to. At the same time they have access to everything. They have some really nice Free Towns. I am surprised more people don't play Dutch actually. You will find their leadership is smart and very easy to deal with.

If you ask me it is the Dutch that one day is going to kick someone's arse that won't be expecting it. They are very organized and not to be trifled with.

Edited by Vllad

With recent events it seems Brucy and Obliterati have gone somewhat quiet in their self proclaimed "we speak for the pirate nation" (loose coalition or however it was organized) mentality.

Is there any new leadership arising from the disarray or have the pirates splintered so entirely that we have to deal with each clan and their separate agendas independently now?

Maybe we can finally start acting like pirate bands instead of an empire on the move. I hope we can start to do what ive been calling for in chat . :)

This is good news indeed.....well for me.

We (I'm an officer of Nederlandsche Hispaniola Company, [DHC]) are very friendly with French and we tried and are trying to help them in the war against pirates. So, any "innocent" PvP fight against them is very far from our point of view at the moment.

That said, we are very happy to give our welcome to new players. We welcomed a good number of new players went from other nations an I think you will stay very well with us. Our waters are enought safe for PvE to go up in rank, and for trading routes, players are warmy and friendly people. So I (personal point of view) am happy to have new players in our side.

Edited by migali