Game-Labs Forum

Port Battle - Entry limitation

Hello all!

So we have all had this problem I am sure. When you arrange a port battle, get your 25 best ships together, buy the flag, run it to the port and place it only to then find out some randoms joined in small or undercrewed ships.

The last few battles I have arranged cerbs have joined taking up spots and then immediatly leaving.

I suggest that upon clicking the battle you are placed on a waiting screen. The person who purchased the flag can then pick from the waiting list those who he wishes to enter.

• Like 3

This would completely exclude certain players and can be easily abused, best chance is just to be very well organized and hope that your top ships make it in first. I understand the issue with useless ships joining but I think the drawbacks to what you've suggested are far too many and influential to include in the game.

This would completely exclude certain players and can be easily abused, best chance is just to be very well organized and hope that your top ships make it in first. I understand the issue with useless ships joining but I think the drawbacks to what you've suggested are far too many and influential to include in the game.

Sorry but why should every random player be able to jump into a port battle that has been planned and funded by someone else and deprive someone who has actually worked towards it their spot?

If you want to be a solo player than that is your choice but that should not give you the right to have a free ride and take away other peoples enjoyment. If you want to takr part in Port Battles which are designed to bring communities together then you should be an active participant in that community.

• Like 2

Sorry but why should every random player be able to jump into a port battle that has been planned and funded by someone else and deprive someone who has actually worked towards it their spot?

If you want to be a solo player than that is your choice but that should not give you the right to have a free ride and take away other peoples enjoyment. If you want to takr part in Port Battles which are designed to bring communities together then you should be an active participant in that community.

I'll add another +200 to this.  Capping ports is expensive, especially DW and 1-2 randoms can completely screw you.

This would be totally abused not only by the owner the flags but I see an Eve style collapse coming when the flag owner decides to screw his nation out.

This is a terrible idea.

I get it, players on your side cost that country BR when they join with the wrong ships. This problem needs to be policed by the players not the developers. If you don't want Cerbs jumping into port battles over 3rd rates than get control of your nation and start teaching people how to play. A little inclusion goes along way.  

I certainly get the abuse that can be caused by spies jumping into PB's to lower BR but that is far more tame than the abuses that will happen is their is some master controller who decides who gets in and who doesn't.

A clan may pay for it but the port battle is for the nation not the clans. Otherwise you might as well just remove the nation tags and make the game a clan vs. clan game.

Edited by Vllad
  • Like 1

Seeing more and more players entering port battles in small ships only to leave as soon as battle starts. This is beginning to get silly and now there are entire clans who have taken it upon themselves to do this. Like BEARS. They enter port battles in numerous small ships to deny 3rd rates and then leave instantly.

So what gives you the right to take a solo players enjoyment?

So what gives you the right to take a solo players enjoyment?

How am I taking solo players enjoyment? Port Battles by defenition are group actions. One that requires alot of funds and work to set up. Why should a solo player who has chosen to play by themselves have a right to deny a team player who has actually contributed to the port battle their spot?

If you want to play solo then that is fine and we actually run port battles where we welcome all as well as tactical ones where we need our big ships but at the end of the day you can not have th best of both worlds.

If you want to take part in real port battles then you should help achieve the port battle in the first place. Not just turn up for a free ride and hold out your hand expecting to get something with out work.

If everyone had your mentality of 'we just want a free ride and should be entitled to everything without contributing' then there would be no port battles.

There are OTHER options for solo players so they can take part in large battles such as the battle system in ports where you can sign up and join. Or you could go hunting in pvp.

Edited by Kutai

If solo players wanna join a port battle cant they just ask like any normal person?
Also being as these end game features such as port battles are geared towards communities and groups to chase after i believe its not necessarily the place for a solo player if their not willing to partake in communication with any of the clans involved. We all get annoyed when a random joins a battle and steals your prize without even a hidyho why should it be any different with PB? Its a problem that needs addressing at some point. :)

• Like 1

I think that a good solution to deal with players joining and then leaving would be that if you join a PB and leave before a certain time limit or resolution you lose your ship. This may stop some of the grifers.

• Like 1

How am I taking solo players enjoyment? Port Battles by defenition are group actions. One that requires alot of funds and work to set up. Why should a solo player who has chosen to play by themselves have a right to deny a team player who has actually contributed to the port battle their spot?

Port Battles are Nation actions NOT group/clan actions. I know some solo players on PVP2 that do more for their nation then entire clans. You can't judge how much an individual contributes to the nation on whether or not he can afford a flag.

Your contribution towards a flag does not grant you any special privilege nor should it.  

You are like one of those guys who thinks when he gives a Million dollars to United Way that you should have some say so on how United Way operates. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

I will grant you their are some abuses with the current system but your idea will make things worse not better. All you are doing is adding more ways to abuse the port battle system just to solve a single kind of abuse. No solution that adds more abuses is a good idea.

You haven't even really thought out how giving the Flag bearer invite rights actually prevents people from joining a port battle and leaving/not fighting. It really doesn't unless the clan that bought 25 people trusted people. It is entirely possible with your idea that when 17 people from a clan join a port battle that some guy in one of the last 8 spots is going to grief people. Hell, it is entirely possible that someone in your own clan could do this. Given how some clans invite people, most griefers belong to some clan.

So basically your plan really doesn't stop anyone from griefing a port battle and it opens the doors to all kinds of new abuses.

I can tell by your newest idea that you really don't think your idea's through before you post. You now want people to lose their ship if they join a PB then leave. I guess we should punish those people who go link dead for extended periods of time, lose power, lag and crash and can't get back in? I am sure that will go over well the first time someone loses a 1st rate because of something they can't control.

Your idea's would make people not want to play. I am pretty sure that isn't the goal of Naval Action.