Game-Labs Forum

Extremely unfair advantage

You cannot join Missions for you ally but the enemy can join it on the enemy side, which creates an extreme unfair situation for the mission player. he is also most likely geared for PVE and therefor is guaranteed a loss. how can the devs allow such a antisocial mechanism to take place. all that the enemy is doing right now is searching for enemy players who are doing missions, they enter those and have the player at their mercy and he is chanceless! its childsplay for them to kill him they enter with 5 or 6 ships the player is completely taken by surprise and he looses his ship everytime! this is unbelievably unfair. you cannot get away because pvp players knows how to tag you so you cant escape nomatter what you do, if you try to escape they tag you, if you turn and fight you will loose. how is this fair pvp!?

People complained that allies were dogpiling their missions, interfering, griefing and causing them to receive less xp. To make people happy and to prevent pvp exploits the current system was implemented. People will never be happy it seems

It's tough to balance. If you keep anyone from being able to join then there's the argument of "this is a PvP server, not a PvE server" which is fair enough, but the lack of ability to back up your countrymen is kind of silly. As I understand it the primary concern before was people of your faction joining and taking caps while you did the work, either by getting into position earlier or by ramming you off of your boarding action. Certainly a legit complaint, and a pain in the ass when it happened to me. Perhaps the answer is allow anyone to join as before, but only the person that initiated the combat (or their group-members) can actually accept a capture at the loot screen regardless of who boarded. That way there's no "cap-stealing", but we can still support our countrymen when they're attacked in a mission.

• Like 1

The main problem is that its easily exploited by players seeking to cause damage agaisnt other nation or simply trolls, as it happened last week a pirate guy wich i wont name call simply sat around la habana entering players combat missions and destroying or capping ships, he even attacked newbies on cutters just for the sake of trolling. The main point is he even attacked me as well, I was on a cerberus fighting a surprise and he was on a renomee, when he joined he simply popped like 100 meters from me and the pirate simply ignoring him, making basically it a 2v1 when i was already at a disadvantage simply because he appeared right ontop of me and simply began pounding me seconds after.

This isnt by any means something that can stay as is, its far too easy for people to exploit and get easy pickings without any risk and making players frustrated since they can do fuck all about it, since the pirate can choose to attack only those he is sure to be at an advantage and the player who is attacked has no chance at defense or escape, one way i see to fix this is only to allow players to enter enemy nation ships combat missions if they're on hostile waters and/or make sure that the invading player is placed out of range and quite far from the player that started the instance, thus giving a shot at escape or of manouvering to counter the new arrivals the system is just a plain exploit and is going to do quite some harm on the community if more players start doing what this guy was doing.

And still no one get in a group to hunt him down, right ?

Better to "cry out on the nation chat" and hope someone does something about it.

Sorry for being blunt but see the "let's hope someone else deal with it" part everyday :)

• Like 1

There's the rub, for me. It's obnoxious to be sailing around joining battles just to shit on newbies trying to level up, this is true. Seal-clubbing is a coward's game no matter the justification. On the other hand, a fleet-mate and I were out capping frigates near Pampatar a few days ago and a Dutch player showed up in a Cutter to harass us. He didn't turn the tide or lead to a loss, but he still made himself enough of a nuisance that we just decided to sink the current target and go look elsewhere, so mission accomplished, kudos to him (I don't recall his name). That's the cost of playing near enemy water.

So how do you balance those two?

Yeah well I'm gonna stop doing missions now and stay in my port and do pure trading until they fix this imbalance... I couldnt care less about xp I dont want to give the enemy a chance at ambushing me anymore. I start to understand why people play on pve servers now...

OP, I've never had this happen before, but I can see from your description that the game mechanics are broken.  The devs made it so friendly players couldn't join for all the right reasons.. the trolling and general selfish nonsense forced them to do that.  Now it is clear that that was not a great fix as it really helps the enemy.  Surely, it is blatantly obvious that it is wrong that when an enemy joins they start right on top of you, and secondly that they are by default friendly with the AI side.

• Like 2

The solution seems quite obvious to me - Leave missions locked off initially, but change the overworld sword icon to something if an enemy invades the battle, and let anyone join in to defend the defender.

That way people will be able to get help in missions if attacked by "outside" forces - And would be helpers don't have to click every single icon in range to find the right one. The difference in icons gives it a sort of urgency and focus.

• Like 2

I dont understand the problem with this with missions. Make missions a one to one thing. or a thing where two-three-four friends cooperate. NOONE else, friend or enemy should be allowed to enter these battles.

Then make the PVP rewards HIGHER than  the PVE rewards, inluding assists and all. Lower the PVE reward a bit if necessary.

Then you solve it. Noone can enter the missions and spoil them and PVP will be the focus of the game.

Edited by Ligatorswe

I dont understand the problem with this with missions. Make missions a one to one thing. or a thing where two-three-four friends cooperate. NOONE else, friend or enemy should be allowed to enter these battles.

Then make the PVP rewards HIGHER than  the PVE rewards, inluding assists and all. Lower the PVE reward a bit if necessary.

Then you solve it. Noone can enter the missions and spoil them and PVP will be the focus of the game.

The problem is as I allready posted that its a surefire way to trap someone and sink their ships, you hav a guy doing a pve mission and is geared for pve, then you can ambush this guy with overwhelming force because enemy can join his missions, and he cant get help because everyone knows a friend cant join someone else's missions. thats the problem. this shouldnt be possible at all if you disallow friends to join a mission then you should disallow enemies to join it too.. its creating an imbalance thats not worthy to have in this wonderful game

The solution seems quite obvious to me - Leave missions locked off initially, but change the overworld sword icon to something if an enemy invades the battle, and let anyone join in to defend the defender.

That way people will be able to get help in missions if attacked by "outside" forces - And would be helpers don't have to click every single icon in range to find the right one. The difference in icons gives it a sort of urgency and focus.

Yes, this solution please.